BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So whose going to ride the last B24 over the old Kosciuszko bridge?

Or who is going to ride the first B24 over the new Kosciuszko Bridge?

I fanned the B24 before TBH I thought the route was nothing special but I will fan it again to ride over the new bridge, but not tonight though. 

Edited by trainfan22

I fanned the B24 before TBH I thought the route was nothing special but I will fan it again to ride over the new bridge, but not tonight though.

The route is still nothing special, new bridge or not.

Currently on 5934 on the M23 SBS. Managed to get on this after work. The screens are all turned off.

With that being the case, it makes me wonder what the future will be for the screens that are on the buses that are being transferred out. I'd imagine that they'd get programmed sometime in the near future.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

What's supposed to happen with the B24 during the bridge construction?

Honestly a much more simpler routing for this is go down McGuiness to Greenpoint. Take Greenpoint Avenue Bridge and veer right towards LIC and Sunnyside to avoid the bridge mess. IJS. Thinking of a decent master plan.

That would miss all of Kingsland, and parts of Metropolitan Avenue. I would have NB buses take the Greenpoint Avenue Bridge, but from Kingsland and the BQE. basically, buses would run non-stop between Kingsland/Meeker and over the bridge, then take Review, Laurel Hill, 54 Ave, LIE Frontage Road, and then 48 Street. Buses going to Williamsburg would operate via the LIE service road to Greenpoint (run non-stop from 45 Street to Kingsland/ Meeker. Southbound buses would take Monitor, Driggs, N Henry, Meeker, and then turning onto Kingsland Ave.

Another possibility, only for NB buses, is to take the Grand Avenue bridge. From Meeker/Morgan, buses take Morgan, Grand St, Metropolitan, Gardiner, Grand Street, which turns into Grand Ave, 47 St, 58 Rd, 48 St, Maspeth, 49 St, 56 Rd, 48 St, and then resume regular route. I think that would taker more time.

P.S: They should really fix the B24 routing on the schedule and on the Brooklyn Map as it comes off the Kosciusko bridge, it's inaccurate.

A super-extreme busfanner doesn't need to double-check whether the S93 runs down Hyland or Victory (especially considering the signs say "via Victory" and CSI is nowhere near Hylan). A little typo like say, Richmond Ave vs. Richmond Road is one thing, but getting two of the most important streets in the borough mixed up? More proof he has no idea what he's talking about...

This forum does not let me edit posts after a particular period.

I acknowledged that I made a mistake by ???? each post that corrected me. Twice.

At this point I find the idea of members being hung up on my missteps unhealthy for this forum and it's focus.

Just drop it. (Btw I don't expect you to but I'm not asking either.) ????

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

First you said you were going to ignore me.... Then it was reporting me.... Now you're on here telling me how "sturdy" you are, how you don't lean on mods, and how you cry when you want... Make up your mind already.

Thinking before you type [emoji38].... Sure, Mr. Emoji laced tirade poster, person you..... Mr. I want to make easy pay metrocard the widespread norm in this city..... You spend more time trying to get people on here to know who you are & how you do things, than addressing people's replies without some nonsensical babble....

Case in point:

No !

-------------------------------------------

Look chump, I don't give a shit who you dealt with, what you can mute, or that lame ass attempt at wordplay..... You resorting to use the word "thinking" is blasphemy in & of itself.... And yes, I saw & heard a clip of you at one of those public workshops.... You don't sound too damn bright either, so spare us the lie of how thoughtful & thought provoking you are....

It's all in your posts, Eric.... It's all in your posts.

Eric_Cartman.jpg

Don't worry. I won't report you any more.

I'll just mute you. ???? it keeps my bells clean.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

This forum does not let me edit posts after a particular period.

I acknowledged that I made a mistake by each post that corrected me. Twice.

At this point I find the idea of members being hung up on my missteps unhealthy for this forum and it's focus.

Just drop it. (Btw I don't expect you to but I'm not asking either.)

You brought it onto yourself with how you represented yourself upon your arrival onto this forum.... Nobody likes a braggart.

From here on in, your posts will be given less leeway for mistakes because of it - no one else's fault but yours... You don't get to change how the world works.... Get over yourself.

It's BEEN the norm around these parts for us transit enthusiasts to correct each other....

That's how people LEARN off each other.... But obviously you're not here for that, talking about hung up on mistakes...

It isn't about "just drop it"... It's about you growing tougher skin & soaking in information others are putting out on here....

Don't worry. I won't report you any more.

I'll just mute you. it keeps my bells clean.

That's the spirit... A hard head always makes a soft ass.

You brought it onto yourself with how you represented yourself upon your arrival onto this forum.... Nobody likes a braggart.

From here on in, your posts will be given less leeway for mistakes because of it - no one else's fault but yours... You don't get to change how the world works.... Get over yourself.

It's BEEN the norm around these parts for us transit enthusiasts to correct each other....

That's how people LEARN off each other.... But obviously you're not here for that, talking about hung up on mistakes...

It isn't about "just drop it"... It's about you growing tougher skin & soaking in information others are putting out on here....

Yeah, I'd say that the forum has been like this for years.

I made a mistake what I was meaning to say was how can Quill be the Manhattan headquarters when it's not even part of MaBSTOA

But it is...

Manhattan

and

Bronx

Surface

Transportation

Operating

Authority

...only depot that ISN'T MaBSTOA in Manhattan is Hale.