BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way to stop copycat crimes is to come down hard on the perpetrators by making sure that they do the maximum amount of time so that they will regret what they did and send a message to anyone else who even thinks of doing this type of crime.

Unfortunately, we have not heard a word from the persons that enforce the law such as the mayor, governor or district attorneys  or their mouthpieces in the media that once these individuals are caught that they will not be allowed to plea bargain to something lessor that will perpetuate the falsehood that this is a "victimless crime". I heard many times from inmates about property that belongs to the state should not be treated with the upmost respect as they do not care as the state can afford to buy a new one. It is that type of thinking that leads to more crime as the person will take more chances as he feels that  if he could get away with this crime then he can get away with bigger things.

17 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

The MTA used to have a proposal for a new LTD bus between Flushing and Fordham Plaza back in the late 2000s, but it never materialized. Anyone wonder why?

12 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The Bx52?

Q94. Never went through because of the 2010 budget crisis.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Q94. Never went through because of the 2010 budget crisis.

As I thought earlier, this was how I imagined the route if it already existed before the crisis, which is what the Q94 would've been today: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KjUz_nlx1nTaN4AbpGHipyZvgUkM1f_R&ll=40.801970516464074%2C-73.85757123921928&z=12

21 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

As I thought earlier, this was how I imagined the route if it already existed before the crisis, which is what the Q94 would've been today: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KjUz_nlx1nTaN4AbpGHipyZvgUkM1f_R&ll=40.801970516464074%2C-73.85757123921928&z=12

Seems like it just replicates most of the Q44

5 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

What I want to know is what the original planned route for the Bx52 was going to be. It was suppose to be the first SBS route that wasn't converted from a limited or a local route.

There's not much information about that, but based on forum posts from 2010 that I read recently, the Q94 was supposed to be a weekday-only LTD route supplementing the Q44 and offering Queens riders one-seat connections to Fordham buses.