Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm shocked, those teens look like such studious scholars LOL

They all look scared sh*tless in these pics. Maybe they will use them as yearbook pics in school

That will probably not happen because the administration will be scared to their bones of the backlash of endorsing such actions by having it in the yearbook. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, mine248 said:

That will probably not happen because the administration will be scared to their bones of the backlash of endorsing such actions by having it in the yearbook. 

And they will most likely be investigated by NYCDOE for such implicit endorsements.

27 minutes ago, mine248 said:

12 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

And they will most likely be investigated by NYCDOE for such implicit endorsements.

I was being sarcastic lol. Clearly not going to be used in any school yearbook

6 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I was being sarcastic lol. Clearly not going to be used in any school yearbook

Needless to say, I don't like sarcasm. I don't have a big appetite for humor or jokes.

• Thumbs Down 3

21 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I've visited foreign countries where the buses have fareboxes in the front only, and the accepted custom is if you get on the back, you pass your metrocard-equivalent to the front, someone dips it or driver punches your ticket, and then it gets passed back to you. It shocked me, but the system seemed to work since it was accepted custom. 

If I may ask, what countries have these customs?

Just seen an XD40 on the M55. That's got to be one of the few, for some reason those buses have been confined to the M8/9, M21/M22 etc. M55 has had a ton of RTSes as of late.

3 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Just seen an XD40 on the M55. That's got to be one of the few, for some reason those buses have been confined to the M8/9, M21/M22 etc. M55 has had a ton of RTSes as of late.

I’ve seen them on the M66 recently too about a few weeks ago.

Re: Kids hijacking buses

Now, I'm not sure if I should be condemning these beats or laughing at the fact that the (MTA) can't secure their buses :D

• LMAO! 1

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If I may ask, what countries have these customs?

I've experienced it in Middle East countries (Jordan and Egypt). The whole transit system in those places had a fairly laid back feel

The way to stop copycat crimes is to come down hard on the perpetrators by making sure that they do the maximum amount of time so that they will regret what they did and send a message to anyone else who even thinks of doing this type of crime.

Unfortunately, we have not heard a word from the persons that enforce the law such as the mayor, governor or district attorneys  or their mouthpieces in the media that once these individuals are caught that they will not be allowed to plea bargain to something lessor that will perpetuate the falsehood that this is a "victimless crime". I heard many times from inmates about property that belongs to the state should not be treated with the upmost respect as they do not care as the state can afford to buy a new one. It is that type of thinking that leads to more crime as the person will take more chances as he feels that  if he could get away with this crime then he can get away with bigger things.

If they implemented an operators key which would be a standardized key across the fleet, would it help prevent these crimes from occurring??? 

If they implemented an operators key which would be a standardized key across the fleet, would it help prevent these crimes from occurring??? 

2 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

No, they had them back in the day. Stuff like this still happened.

• Upvote 1

Only 3 Quill RTSes even moving today. Not a good one for the oldies...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Right now, there's not ONE RTS in service on the B6 right now, wow.

There's none on the B3 or B36 either or B74 either. I only saw 2 in service, one on the B1 and one on the B64. That's honestly CRAZY. 

7 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

2 JA, 8 FB, 10 EN RTS are out now

We are slowly seeing the demise of the RTS. However, JA and ENY have new XD40’s and Flatbush has none post XD40’s besides the +selectbusservice buses. 

The D60HFs as well may be weekday only buses, seeing that each of the articulated fleet are low floors and with a 15-20 count. 

The MTA used to have a proposal for a new LTD bus between Flushing and Fordham Plaza back in the late 2000s, but it never materialized. Anyone wonder why?

4 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

The MTA used to have a proposal for a new LTD bus between Flushing and Fordham Plaza back in the late 2000s, but it never materialized. Anyone wonder why?

The Bx52?

17 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

12 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The Bx52?

Q94. Never went through because of the 2010 budget crisis.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Q94. Never went through because of the 2010 budget crisis.

As I thought earlier, this was how I imagined the route if it already existed before the crisis, which is what the Q94 would've been today: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KjUz_nlx1nTaN4AbpGHipyZvgUkM1f_R&ll=40.801970516464074%2C-73.85757123921928&z=12