Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

13 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

So it looks like the general public that takes public transit transportation still doesn't have a clue how Select Bus Service works. Almost every day I can count how many times passengers comes on board on the SB44 and try to dip their Metro card into the bus fare box when clearly the box is wrap up with a message saying "No on board fare collection". Sometimes it gets tiring repeating myself over and over "No sorry you can't pay here, You have to pay outside by using the big fare box on the curb side and collect a receipt to ride on this bus". And their facial expression looks totally clueless or they just nod their heads and walk away. 

I had this lady on time tried to pay her fare inside the bus and I stopped her and explained to her the process, She totally ignored me and went all the way to the back of the bus to find a seat. Once I reach Nostrand Avenue and Clarkson stop, the MTA Eagle Team were waiting. They manage to pull her off the bus to give her a fine, and she kept on pointing towards my direction the entire time. One of the supervisor approach me and ask me "Did she try to pay her fare here?" and I responded yes and how I was trying to explain to her the process and she just walked away. The entire time as I was speaking with the supervisor, I can hear her saying to the others "He didn't let me pay, he told me to go sit". Long story short, they didn't issue her a fine, but instead made her pay and obtain a receipt. Its 2019 and some people still have no clue how the SBS work and it seems like some don't care and just want to get on the bus and go on.

It is ridiculous that they didn't give her a ticket! I guess the lesson here is any farebeater should yell and scream and lie loud enough to get out of the ticket.

And how long did the geniuses on the Eagle Team hold up your bus so they could listen to this lady's sob story and ignore your story??

11 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

It is ridiculous that they didn't give her a ticket! I guess the lesson here is any farebeater should yell and scream and lie loud enough to get out of the ticket.

I have heard stories of B/Os being unhelpful with SBS fare-paying, but if you explained how to pay, then for sure a ticket.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Could anybody tell me some good places to film some buses (preferably in Manhattan)? I'm interested in all sorts of buses, but would love to get some Xcelsiors and LFSA/LFS'

Thanks a lot!

BrightlinerNewFlyer

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Hi,

Could anybody tell me some good places to film some buses (preferably in Manhattan)? I'm interested in all sorts of buses, but would love to get some Xcelsiors and LFSA/LFS'

Thanks a lot!

BrightlinerNewFlyer

I could tell you some Streets and/or locations, and where they have a huge variety of bus fleets.

Along 125 St, 3 Av, Lexington Ave, 1 Av, 2 Av, 5 Av, Madsion Av, 72 St(Westside), 57 St, 42 St, 34 St, 23 St, 14 St, By Staten Island Ferry terminal, City Hall, All of Broadway, near 175 St, 181 St, 155 St, 145 St, 6 Av, 7 Av, 8 Av.

Edited by bwwnyc123

5 hours ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

BrightlinerNewFlyer

Here are some spots I have;

1. Columbus Circle

2. Broadway & Columbus Ave between West 65th & 66th streets 

3. 5th Ave between 59th and 110th streets

4. 12th Ave between W 43 & 42nd streets 

5. George Washington Bus Terminal

6. 125th Street

7. Madison Ave & 23rd Street

8. Chatham Square and East Broadway

This summer, you can ride the Q70 for free (until September 2nd that is)

44 minutes ago, Calvin said:

When does free fare starts? Immediately or sometime later this month. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

When does free fare starts? Immediately or sometime later this month. 

June 13th (tomorrow). Actually before the new season.

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I’ve always wanted to know why the Q70 is free on special holidays or in this case for the summer 

4 hours ago, Melbx15 said:

I’ve always wanted to know why the Q70 is free on special holidays or in this case for the summer 

11613779.jpg

• Upvote 1

Idiot B/O on the Q44 who left me behind at Hutchinson-Lafayette in the rain can go die in a hole

21 minutes ago, Axis said:

Idiot B/O on the Q44 who left me behind at Hutchinson-Lafayette in the rain can go die in a hole

What exactly happened?

“Please Pay the Fare so we can run more service.” -MTA advertisement on new electronic screens.

At least they’re honest on this one, albeit in a passive aggressive way.

2 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

@Via Garibaldi 8, How did you get that BxM2 GIF on all your posts?

I had it made a while ago. I have others as well.  You have to store it on some place like Flickr and then you can insert it in your signature in your settings.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I had it made a while ago. I have others as well.  You have to store it on some place like Flickr and then you can insert it in your signature in your settings.

Could you make one for me?

Yukon's sh**y maintainence is starting to show on these new buses.

Yukon

24 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Yukon's sh**y maintainence is starting to show on these new buses.

Yukon

Where is the motivation for them to improve their maintenance? There needs to be some incentive for them to improve maintenance.

26 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Where is the motivation for them to improve their maintenance? There needs to be some incentive for them to improve maintenance.

There's no incentive really. Its just Samuelsen's fat pie hole complaining about more overtime, and then victimizing himself when the picture gets clear.