BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

22 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

And then there is the M42 hahaha. Hands down the worst crosstown route in my opinion. 

I will have to disagree with you on that one. M34/A is prob the worst. TErrible frequencies and the traffic is the absolute worst. Atleast the M42 has somewhat decent frequencies during the rush. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve always liked the M79 even pre-SBS. Decent headways, 79th Street isn’t as clogged as 72nd/86th/96th, and the artics aren’t as overwhelmed as they are on the M86. That might also be because the M79 doesn’t feed to the (4)(5) and (Q) lines, which makes it kind of like a hidden gem for some folks.

32 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

I will have to disagree with you on that one. M34/A is prob the worst. TErrible frequencies and the traffic is the absolute worst. Atleast the M42 has somewhat decent frequencies during the rush. 

The M34/34A started off okay as SBS but now I don’t use it. Even when there’s zero traffic the headway’s on the 34 suck.

The M42 is good imo in short bursts and to get to 1st Avenue or the Circle Line. Between 3rd and 9th Av I avoid it unless it’s December and the vintage buses are running.

Edited by paulrivera

3775 on the Q114, pulled up to Parsons/88 @ 1:36 PM. No sense of schedule, missing runs, AND an O7 on what eventually shows up. Should’ve just stuck with the Q52/53...

Edited by Axis

What kind of destination signs are these 2015-2016 LFS buses getting? Ever since these buses started receiving screens, the destination signs haven't been working. Its either the front works and the side and rear don't work, or if the side and back are working then the front doesn't work. Buses GPS systems have been f**kED up, buses popping on and off of BusTime. Buses 3-4 stops AHEAD on BusTime than they are in real life. Buses turning into BOATS😂. I've had it with these signs WTF is going on, it's like a system glitch. 

Why tf are we in the water? 😭😭

x3gwuh.jpg

15 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

What kind of destination signs are these 2015-2016 LFS buses getting? Ever since these buses started receiving screens, the destination signs haven't been working. Its either the front works and the side and rear don't work, or if the side and back are working then the front doesn't work. Buses GPS systems have been f**kED up, buses popping on and off of BusTime. Buses 3-4 stops AHEAD on BusTime than they are in real life. Buses turning into BOATS😂. I've had it with these signs WTF is going on, it's like a system glitch. 

x3gwuh.jpg

I remember that happening on the S78, last Friday. The stops and signs were working but the GPS was in the ocean. Looks more like those maps that you see on planes.

Edited by Lil 57

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

x3gwuh.jpg

Havent you heard of MTA's new divison?

It's JetMTA! 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

x3gwuh.jpg

It's cause they want to put that new font on the Proterra's on everything else with Spectrums and predictably because its MTA, they f**ked it up.

The GPSs can get easily thrown off if it doesn't get the correct signal. I had this happen on an M15, where it showed itself on Lexington Avenue making stops instead of 2nd Avenue. Once we got to 34th Street, it corrected itself.

Speaking of 34th Street. It was crazy last night....M15s and M23s detoured through 34th Street because of repaving along 2nd Avenue. That was a pretty interesting sight seeing 6128 and 5599 next to each other.

10 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

x3gwuh.jpg

I know the S52 serves the ferry, but this is ridiculous !!

On 6/18/2019 at 1:39 AM, paulrivera said:

The M34/34A started off okay as SBS but now I don’t use it. Even when there’s zero traffic the headway’s on the 34 suck.

The M42 is good imo in short bursts and to get to 1st Avenue or the Circle Line. Between 3rd and 9th Av I avoid it unless it’s December and the vintage buses are running.

The M23 also fits that.....though I much prefer the M34/34A.

I just hope that the M14A/D doesn't suffer the same fate. I very much doubt it will.

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Only in Staten Island this has to happen. 

It's happened elsewhere. I've witnessed it. It's a software bug.

18 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Has there been an increase of ridership of the S40 to Matrix Park?

My cousin works at that Amazon facility out there (before the SI location opened, she was out there in Edison).... I asked her about the ridership in & out of there... She says buses are "jammed packed after the first stop"....

Now I doubt most trips throughout the day are that crowded leaving there, but yes, those S40's are getting good usage.

Edited by B35 via Church

14 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I know the S52 serves the ferry, but this is ridiculous !!

Reminds me of QJT's idea to buy those floating boat buses that run on roads and then drive in the water to become boats.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Has there been an increase of ridership of the S40 to Matrix Park?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

My cousin works at that Amazon facility out there (before the SI location opened, she was out there in Edison).... I asked her about the ridership in & out of there... She says buses are "jammed packed after the first stop"....

Now I doubt most trips throughout the day are that crowded leaving there, but yes, those S40's are getting good usage.

They get REALLY crowded at the shift change times. I doubt there's too many people riding between shift changes.