BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

exactly lmaoo! how dAre you call my XD40 a 3G

LOL. DEAL WITH IT! :P(**Gets all intimidating**)

Yeah, I knew something was off. It looked weird writing it out like that.

This is going to sound stupid, but how can you tell the difference between the 2? I've never really been much into the rolling stock of the buses.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound stupid, but how can you tell the difference between the 2? I've never really been much into the rolling stock of the buses.

Well for starters, The bus in your photo is a 3G while the bus in LilGiJoe's photo is a XD40...

The XD40's are in the 48xx range and the 3G's are in the 70xx range...

The XD40 is manufactured by New Flyer and the 3G is a manufactured by Orion...

Hope that helps you! :)

so ive been riding those Staten Island XD40s...and if you ride the bus for more than 15mins you start hearing things..so the bus would pull off with LBSS...then slow down...and pick up speed WITHOUT LBSS...then go right back to LBSS?? huhh..its like they want to return back to normal lol...

so ive been riding those Staten Island XD40s...and if you ride the bus for more than 15mins you start hearing things..so the bus would pull off with LBSS...then slow down...and pick up speed WITHOUT LBSS...then go right back to LBSS?? huhh..its like they want to return back to normal lol...

I think you've been riding them too much :P

You're hearing shit dude, likely it was the retarder/transmission.

I think you've been riding them too much :P

Who was the dude that told him about LBSS? He likely would never have known. :lol:

Damn :(

As for 5172, could be a turbo or transmission whine,.

Yeah, dunno how long ago I noticed the sound, but even from a dead stop, it should've made that distinct whirring sound, but it didn't :(

True, could be.

That sounds like what a guy would tell his girl to do lol... :lol::ph34r: (Couldn't pass on that joke lol...)

But in all seriousness, I bet you it's those school kids that pull those damn things too hard... But yes, a cord is easier to fix than a tape...

lol, just too easy to make that pun.

Agreed, I prefer the cord as well. It's easier to reach them than the tapes, especially if next to the windows bw the frames.

LOL. DEAL WITH IT! :P(**Gets all intimidating**)

Yeah, I knew something was off. It looked weird writing it out like that.

xd40s have a 'dome' towards the front, 3G has its towards the middle. But like nyct fan said, numbers is the best way to tell.

put it like this XD40s look like smiley faces...the 3Gs look like a normal bus...the XD40 has a bubble head or looks like a boeing 747 airline...as for 3G looks like a jew (no offense, talking bout where HVAC is located...of course XD40s start with 48xx as for 3Gs have 70xx.

How the hell do you compare an airliner to a person?

And you wonder why you get so little respect?

put it like this XD40s look like smiley faces...the 3Gs look like a normal bus...the XD40 has a bubble head or looks like a boeing 747 airline...as for 3G looks like a jew (no offense, talking bout where HVAC is located...of course XD40s start with 48xx as for 3Gs have 70xx.

:wacko::blink::huh::D:lol:

Simplest way to tell an XD40 from a 3G...

...if it has LED headlights, then it's an XD40 since they the only bus in the city with them

...not counting the Prevosts, I'm pretty sure you know how those look

...if it looks like a NG without the battery hump, then it's a 3G

Its either on or off, not both

Edited by Fresh Pond

Hey would you still be happy if CAS and UP got QV's LFS's and we get most of your XD40's? If it was to happen would you travel all the way to Queens just to ride them?

Hey would you still be happy if CAS and UP got QV's LFS's and we get most of your XD40's? If it was to happen would you travel all the way to Queens just to ride them?

if those XD40s was to leave brooklyn & staten island...ehh...going back to old days...i CANT as in not allowed to go all the way to queens to ride buses...

More likely I see UP with the XD40's, QV with the LFS, and CAS with the 3G's.

if those XD40s was to leave brooklyn & staten island...ehh...going back to old days...i CANT as in not allowed to go all the way to queens to ride buses...

LMAO! And you're how old?