BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those Occupy Wall Street morons have now taken over the once quaint plaza where the Trump Hotel is at there near Columbus Circle. They're really nothing but bums claiming to be part of the Occupy Wall Street movement and now they camp out there every night. Utterly disgusting... I won't even sit near there anymore.....

Same way I feel about Zuccotti Park.

And aside from that, how has the M2 been treating you? :lol:

Lol, I have my gripes but it's been relatively consistent recently, which I think is as close as you get to a Christmas miracle.

Same way I feel about Zuccotti Park.

That place is the same as it ever was, if anything it's just got more security. There're worse places to sit in this city...

That place is the same as it ever was, if anything it's just got more security. There're worse places to sit in this city...

Not to me, it isn't (the same)..... Security wasn't what I was getting at anyway....

If you're implying the OWS people left or diseases or whatever in the park... they supposedly cleaned it after they kicked all the OWS people out... I remember seeing people hose down the park with water, but I will admit, that has been in the back of my head ever since that park reopened.

Also wonder how clean those benches are in Hudson & East River Parks after Hurricane Sandy put those parks underwater, especially if sewage was in that water.

If you're implying the OWS people left or diseases or whatever in the park... they supposedly cleaned it after they kicked all the OWS people out... I remember seeing people hose down the park with water, but I will admit, that has been in the back of my head ever since that park reopened.

Also wonder how clean those benches are in Hudson & East River Parks after Hurricane Sandy put those parks underwater, especially if sewage was in that water.

Oh nah, wasn't worried about diseases either (I've seen a couple occasions where they had cleaning crews or w/e hosing down the immediate area).... I just don't see/view that particular area in the same light as I used to .... Generally don't care for that area anyway; way too many ppl. (slowly) walking about & stalling to take pictures or w/e.....

As far as Hudson River park, that's a good question..... I haven't sat down to eat lunch there since the hurricane... matter fact, I think I stopped eating lunch in the park weeks before the hurricane.... No particular reason.... But now that you mention it (weather permitting), I might just head over there tomorrow and sit down & eat & what not... Or I might just walk over to the domino's on 8th & eat in there.... eh, I'll see.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Something random. There are about 5-6 RTS from FB that have no ads (driver side). Maybe a sign that xtra long driver side ads may be on the way for FB. Very rare BUT a LONG shot away. The last time I can remember FB having those xtra long driver side ads is when they had the 23xx buses, and some of their 14xx buses way back in the day when The Club (steering wheel) devices were running ads on local buses on FB and UP routes. I can also remember 3160 (UP), and some 37xx buses having those ads also. But, that would be something great for Brooklyn since it's revolving to be in similar to Manhattan

Edited by Future ENY OP

trainfan22: Good point about the river parks. After the storm I don't think I'll be sitting on those benches as quickly as I would've. I'm sure the rain would 'wash' away the sewage remains, but I'll just stick with seats inside the buildings like the South Ferry terminal or whatever.

Edited by Grand Concourse

trainfan22: Good point about the river parks. After the storm I don't think I'll be sitting on those benches as quickly as I would've. I'm sure the rain would 'wash' away the sewage remains, but I'll just stick with seats inside the buildings like the South Ferry terminal or whatever.

Damn. I wasn't even thinking about sewage remains until you brought it up. :o Well, all I can say is, good thing I didn't sit on any park benches in flood zones.

Damn. I wasn't even thinking about sewage remains until you brought it up. :o Well, all I can say is, good thing I didn't sit on any park benches in flood zones.

Guest MTA Bus

I have a couple questions

1. Does WF still have those 6 Old C40LFs ?

2. JG is getting more buses to push out the remaining Old C40LFs ?

Edited by MTA Bus

I have a couple questions

1. Does WF still have those 6 Old C40LFs ?

2. JG is getting more buses to push out the remaining Old C40LFs ?

JG IS getting new C40s the push out the OLD ones...and the 6 at West Farms...if they become short...then JG will send some O7 OG CNGs to West Farms...

Damn 5110, on the B6, it took the 2nd transfer. The box was acting screwy reading my card maybe twice. It ejected the card with the word 'ok'. I get on the B46 and find out i had to pay another fare. Either they are getting rid of the 3rd leg transfer or the box is f*cked up, I dunno. Still pisses me off when this happens.

JG IS getting new C40s the push out the OLD ones...and the 6 at West Farms...if they become short...then JG will send some O7 OG CNGs to West Farms...

How do you know Gleason is gonna send buses over to WF when Gleason itself doesn't have buses to give out?

JG already got their new C40's 320-490. They aren't getting anymore than that. Wait, never mind. Forget what I just said.

Edited by S78 via Hylan