BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...whats all the hype about this 4899? From what I hear, it still sounds vaguely similar to the ISL9....

Nothing big really .... Inside it sounds like an ISL9 but the outside is different. If it didn't have LBSS it would be different so it basically sounds the same just this one is stronger.

Nothing big really .... Inside it sounds like an ISL9 but the outside is different. If it didn't have LBSS it would be different so it basically sounds the same just this one is stronger.

I was expecting much more... Navistar engines tend to sound great. I got a soundclip I need to upload of one of the NY Waterway shuttle buses (Amtran/Navistar school bus) with a T444E and it sounds awesome.

I was expecting much more... Navistar engines tend to sound great. I got a soundclip I need to upload of one of the NY Waterway shuttle buses (Amtran/Navistar school bus) with a T444E and it sounds awesome.

Yeah I was expecting much more too, I mean it's alright with me but take this LBSS off and let her breathe.

Yeah I was expecting much more too, I mean it's alright with me but take this LBSS off and let her breathe.

LBSS doesn't do much except change the gear ratios. Engine still works the same.

Edited by Cait Sith

Very few wrapped buses on the 34 today, between the ton of put-ins from the autoshow and a lot of 3800s which have been unwrapped.

LBSS doesn't do much except change the gear ratios. Engine still works the same.

Exactly, I don't get all the fuss about that. Driving stick vs. automatic doesn't change the engine, it just changes the driving style. Sorta like that with LBSS.

Very few wrapped buses on the 34 today, between the ton of put-ins from the autoshow and a lot of 3800s which have been unwrapped.

Exactly, I don't get all the fuss about that. Driving stick vs. automatic doesn't change the engine, it just changes the driving style. Sorta like that with LBSS.

Does the driving style even have to change? As I understood it, the LBSS system just tries to balance out gear shifts to keep performance uniform at higher loads and on hills.

To most of these busfans, its all about the sound....

Does the driving style even have to change? As I understood it, the LBSS system just tries to balance out gear shifts to keep performance uniform at higher loads and on hills.

There's a slight change in the handling from what I was told from other B/Os, nothing significant. It's rather minor.

On what line? i wish to catch it on the B1 with great driver

:bus_bullet_b64: the trip weekdays arriving at Shore Rd just before 8am,saw it thursday and friday...

Smh...4899 was on the B1 yesterday...i blew it...

Damn...was going to play ball after school at bath beach park(17th/Cropsey)debated taking the B1 but walked instead...