BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since MTA is retiring the old Orions, found something interesting in the 2016 Budget plan for PACE-Chicago (suburbs):

Their mixed fleet (total 720) has 43% made up by 40-footers (308), and they're still running 119 Orions, about 40% of that.  Model years/counts: 2000--59, 2001--54, 2004--6.  Their (planned) Fed funding is for 74 new buses, presumably to retire those, and looks like Eldorado is who they'll go with, since last 2 orders in 2013 and 2015 were with them.

Looks like MTA isn't the only one to get lots of use out of the old Orion models.

Edited by DetSMART45

Since this is "Random Thoughts," who decided to un-pin this thread on both bus and subway, as well as a couple others on the subway side?  I know the "powers that be" will eventually see this and respond, but is there some official "dictate" that was put out we all could reference regarding these changes?  There's less participation on the forums already because of the season, and if this Random Thoughts thread (both subway and bus) is going to be just like any other thread -- hot for the moment, then not so hot down the list -- you're just going to almost encourage less participation.  And this thread, IMHO, should always be a "go-to" point on the main forum page because it is a sounding board or catch-all discussion place.

Just a "random thought."

Why is the Q45 STILL a transfer on the most recent Q32, Q54, Q58, and Q59 timetable. It's been four years that the route was merged with the Q47.

I've noticed other mistakes like that elsewhere. Some maps don't show the Q114 as a transfer.

I've seen subway station errors such as a covered up Q56 transfer on the (7)<7> Main St station. At first I thought it was a QBx1 mistake but if you look at it up close you can see the Q56 covered up.

This is the third time I've been burned by the QM15. That driver think he's so slick by going up to 57 Street, and not bother going down to 34 Street to pick up people, just chillin, and then going back to Lindenwood.

The only good thing is that the wait for the (6) is only 7 minutes now, compared to 15-17 minutes the other times I've been on it.

This is the third time I've been burned by the QM15. That driver think he's so slick by going up to 57 Street, and not bother going down to 34 Street to pick up people, just chillin, and then going back to Lindenwood.

The only good thing is that the wait for the (6) is only 7 minutes now, compared to 15-17 minutes the other times I've been on it.

lol... He is slick if no one is reporting him.  My QM15 was right on time this morning going towards Lindenwood and a few minutes late coming back to Midtown.  Oddly enough we were right behind a Lindenwood QM15 when we reached the city.

Saw 7428 Xcelsior with no depot sticker signed up as "NYCT BUS" in Briarwood above Union Tpke

I rode 7430 on the Q20 a few days ago

report his ass