BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the XD60s and LFSA come fast enough, those buses with the last of the bell tone will be no more. The 97-98s will still be around a bit longer though, probably living their last lives at GA and QV.

Not exactly. The TA wants the 2002-2004 D60HFs gone asap....they've had the worst MDBF for years. The extra buses for fleet expansion kinda intrigues me and makes me wonder if the new artics will replace the 1200s and 5000s currently in SBS service.

We'll have to wait and see.

Not exactly. The TA wants the 2002-2004 D60HFs gone asap....they've had the worst MDBF for years. The extra buses for fleet expansion kinda intrigues me and makes me wonder if the new artics will replace the 1200s and 5000s currently in SBS service.

Those 1200s are taking a serious beating, especially the ones on the Bx12.  It looks like they don't do much to maintain them (Gun Hill that is).

Those 1200s are taking a serious beating, especially the ones on the Bx12.  It looks like they don't do much to maintain them (Gun Hill that is).

They really gotta put them into local service. Gun Hill did that with their 1200s since they had 5800s and 5300s that can replace those. They gotta find a way to do that with the Hale 1200s.

They really gotta put them into local service. Gun Hill did that with their 1200s since they had 5800s and 5300s that can replace those. They gotta find a way to do that with the Hale 1200s.

That's gonna be a bit complex. Unless (MTA) can get some new buses for NYCT in which that's gonna be another year at least.

usually they put the new buses on the SBS line because if not then we'd still have D60HF buses on the bx12+SBS+

BP will soon get the XD60'S. It takes time for these buses to be delivered.

This order was delayed for a very long time and now it is back on track with the delivery.

BP is getting 5392-5438.

I wonder what line gets them first my guess Q64 Edited by IAlam

Apologies if this was asked and answered already, but is there a certain benefit for having CNG, hybrid, and diesel buses being based out on different depots / routes, or is it due to the depots themselves not being able to handle a certain type of bus?

Hybrids & diesels both use the same type of Ultra Low Sulfur diesel. A hybrid bus is still a diesel bus.

CNG vehicles have to be fueled in a separate building before going into the depot. Diesels/hybrids can and do get fueled in the same spot they get the farebox probed & fluids checked inside the depot.

You can have both types in the same depot like West Farms & Spring Creek, but it has to be a big enough depot to accommodate the separate CNG fueling station building.

Hybrids & diesels both use the same type of Ultra Low Sulfur diesel. A hybrid bus is still a diesel bus.

CNG vehicles have to be fueled in a separate building before going into the depot. Diesels/hybrids can and do get fueled in the same spot they get the farebox probed & fluids checked inside the depot.

You can have both types in the same depot like West Farms & Spring Creek, but it has to be a big enough depot to accommodate the separate CNG fueling station building.

College Point can also fuel both CNG and diesel buses.

Spring Creek I think can still handle all three. They had Orion VII's, Orion CNG's and MCI's all at one point.

Is there a reason that there is a holdup with the new buses be delivered. These new buses take long. Does it take months for these new buses to be delivered.Just asking.

If you're referring to the 2015-16 XD60s, 5364 failed during its testing period, thus delaying the order. As for the 2015-16 LFS', SEPTA had to recall theirs (I believe, not too sure), and the MTA decided to have our buses spec'd like SEPTA's to speed up the order.

If you're referring to the 2015-16 XD60s, 5364 failed during its testing period, thus delaying the order. As for the 2015-16 LFS', SEPTA had to recall theirs (I believe, not too sure), and the MTA decided to have our buses spec'd like SEPTA's to speed up the order.

This might explain the 2 8090s, but not 100% sure if this reason is true.

SEPTA did not recall their buses.

They sent back the prototype (7300) for mods because the turning radius did not meet the specs.No other buses had been produced at that time.This delayed the SEPTA 40 foot buses into the MTA's production block, which led to MTA's being SEPTA spec'd.