New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

why is that? they arent using any of them or is it because they dont have any ready to go? whats going on with them/

Probably because JG will be getting their new C40LFs between now and February, WF is getting new Nova Artic buses at the moment, so you could foam over those in the mean time lol. :P

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because JG will be getting their new C40LFs between now and February, WF is getting new Nova Artic buses at the moment, so you could foam over those in the mean time lol. :P
i know they are getting those buses but that shouldnt keep them from getting the c40s they need it so bad at that, 55 new buses would help all them RTSs are just a waist of time they just keep breaking down and i dont know where the other CNGs are at i see less of them and more RTSs like we just went back 10years

i know they are getting those buses but that shouldnt keep them from getting the c40s they need it so bad at that, 55 new buses would help all them RTSs are just a waist of time they just keep breaking down and i dont know where the other CNGs are at i see less of them and more RTSs like we just went back 10years

The CNG's that are still running are tied up in Nassau county. Those buses as well as those RTS's need to be replaced soon.

There are hardly enough buses to go around, so the ones that should be retired are still on the roads.

About that last part, any chance the MTA is gonna seek damages (of any type) b/c of the fact LIB is making them short on a contract that they don't owe, or is this being considered the MTA's fault that the buses weren't in running shape?

That's actually an interesting question. A Judge has already ordered Nassau to pay MTA $20 Million in back debt for LIB, and I'm not even sure how that played out.

Court: Nassau must pay $20 million to MTA

they said that 237 was going to WF and someone saw it in b so wgat are they doing smh

Just like what I said. New assignment puts JG before WF. See this.

Jackie Gleason 230-265 (36)

West Farms 266-319 (54)

JG is short with the RTS buses being transferred over. West Farms' need for buses is being addressed with the LFSAs.

if thats the new assignments than thats great funny why is WF gettin 55 and they at JG getting 30 or so. and when will the 300s coming out i havent seen any of them so far

Oh don't worry, Gleason has 171 buses right after West Farms. And the 300s will be here when they get here. The highest number spotted so far was a 25x unit on the way down from the plant.

they said that 237 was going to WF and someone saw it in b so wgat are they doing smh

WOULD YOU SHUT UP, WHO CARES To Be Honest Im sick of the Bronx Getting New Buses, you SHOULD BE IN LAST the hell man Queens and Brooklyn Need Artics Bad and yet Your Crappy CNG Depot is getting brand New Artics IF ANYTHING QUEENS AND BROOKLYN SHOULD HAVE Gotten Them First Especialy Casey Stengal and College Point

WOULD YOU SHUT UP, WHO CARES To Be Honest Im sick of the Bronx Getting New Buses, you SHOULD BE IN LAST the hell man Queens and Brooklyn Need Artics Bad and yet Your Crappy CNG Depot is getting brand New Artics IF ANYTHING QUEENS AND BROOKLYN SHOULD HAVE Gotten Them First Especialy Casey Stengal and College Point
hey its not my fault that they dont want the use the artics in brooklyn or qrueens they dont want only a buck more thats why the bronx and man have them and all the new ones will be here. and as for the CNGs and the new flyers we need them we have alot of people here.

I'm reading some of these posts by the foamers, and I'm laughing historically because it's pathetic how some of you guys react to buses going to certain depots, or "my depot is better than your depot" attitude, when, in actuality, it's not YOUR depot in the first place (nor are you even an operator); it belongs to MTA... You're just a person who enjoys the bus foaming hobby.

Chill.

BTW, Artics will be in Brooklyn next year, per several postings by East New York. It's gonna happen.

and as for the CNGs and the new flyers we need them we have alot of people here.

What does WF having a lot of people have to do with them getting new buses?

Almost every local route in NYC has a lot of people, besides, these C40 will do a crappier job of moving those people from point A to Point B than the RTS & Orion V CNG, well when its SRO at least. Just for the simple fact its a LF bus and doesn't hold as many people as a HF bus does, more drama with the B/O telling people to move to the rear, people will get flagged more often, etc.

I honestly think you're over reacting to the "issues" the RTSs are having up there, I used to Commute on Green Lines months before the MTA took it over, and I wasn't seeing RTSs dieing and crapping out, and some of their RTSs were much older than the ones at WF now. I would imagine current day WF maintains there RTSs much better than Green Lines did right before the takeover.

Almost every local route in NYC has a lot of people, besides, these C40 will do a crappier job of moving those people from point A to Point B than the RTS & Orion V CNG, well when its SRO at least. Just for the simple fact its a LF bus and doesn't hold as many people as a HF bus does, more drama with the B/O telling people to move to the rear, people will get flagged more often, etc.

I honestly think you're over reacting to the "issues" the RTSs are having up there, I used to Commute on Green Lines months before the MTA took it over, and I wasn't seeing RTSs dieing and crapping out, and some of their RTSs were much older than the ones at WF now. I would imagine current day WF maintains there RTSs much better than Green Lines did right before the takeover.

Despite the fact that the RTS' are old as hell, they are holding up pretty damn well, and I don't know where he got the reports of them crapping out left and right, because its just not true. Do they need to be replaced? Yes. Do they die? Yes. But its not that big of a problem at all. They still out-perform all other models in the fleet near their age.

I ride the Bx17 and the Bx36 every day i been on those dam old RTS and alot of times they cant use the wheelchair lift because it broke or if they do use it cross your fungers smh, the stairs are so small you cant get on with a stroller, and one day a door fell off at westfarns sq, in service, it was so funny because the B/o was like wow this old POS they are going on 20 years if not more for some of them they need to go asap

Despite the fact that the RTS' are old as hell, they are holding up pretty damn well, and I don't know where he got the reports of them crapping out left and right, because its just not true. Do they need to be replaced? Yes. Do they die? Yes. But its not that big of a problem at all. They still out-perform all other models in the fleet near their age.
they just keep going because they keep on patching them up its sad they just keep on doing that its alot of money and its not going to work at all they are just old crap

hey its not my fault that they dont want the use the artics in brooklyn or qrueens they dont want only a buck more thats why the bronx and man have them and all the new ones will be here. and as for the CNGs and the new flyers we need them we have alot of people here.

WE HAVE WAY MORE IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COMBINED SO PLEASE STOP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF The bronx don't need anything new and if you don't like the RTS at that West garbage Farms we would gladly take them back

I ride the Bx17 and the Bx36 every day i been on those dam old RTS and alot of times they cant use the wheelchair lift because it broke or if they do use it cross your fungers smh, the stairs are so small you cant get on with a stroller, and one day a door fell off at westfarns sq, in service, it was so funny because the B/o was like wow this old POS they are going on 20 years if not more for some of them they need to go asap

they just keep going because they keep on patching them up its sad they just keep on doing that its alot of money and its not going to work at all they are just old crap

Wow, three buses out of about 100 RTS (don't quote me on that) went bad so the entire fleet is bad. I like that logic.

WE HAVE WAY MORE IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COMBINED SO PLEASE STOP MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF The bronx don't need anything new and if you don't like the RTS at that West garbage Farms we would gladly take them back

There's no "we"; there's only MTA, us as the operators, and their decisions.

You guys sound like two fat kids fighting over cheesecake.

Pathetic.

Stop it.

Archived