New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
289 is also in, there were 3 C40's on the Bx36 today and one on the Bx35 that I know of.

101_0017.jpg

And yes, I know it's not a good pic.

I saw alot of them this past Friday I think they have 7 of them now I don't know all the bus numbers I do see 266-274-289-286-267 I think that one will be out this week, my friend said they think they should have more in this week as they are coming in weekly.

289 is also in, there were 3 C40's on the Bx36 today and one on the Bx35 that I know of.

< Photo of C40LF >

And yes, I know it's not a good pic.

May I ask what bus stop was this? area looks somewhat familiar... Still no luck in spotting one :( However, I keep seeing the new LFSAs form KB and WF.

So, once these buses are delivered to the city how long does it take for them to go out into service?

It usually only takes a few days, but it all depends on the acceptance of the buses.

I rode 260 on the B68 last night and my final take on the bus is a 5 out of 5. I absolutely love them. The acceleration is great, they look great, they are spacious, and they sound really great and have a smooth ride. The suspension seems to be improved as well. Looks like New Flyer built an excellent bus! I'll definitely be heading out to Queens soon to get more pics and rides.

As of right now, the buses don't seem to be having any major issues, and I see them being around until at least 2025. Great job New Flyer!:cool:

It usually only takes a few days, but it all depends on the acceptance of the buses.

I rode 260 on the B68 last night and my final take on the bus is a 5 out of 5. I absolutely love them. The acceleration is great, they look great, they are spacious, and they sound really great and have a smooth ride. The suspension seems to be improved as well. Looks like New Flyer built an excellent bus! I'll definitely be heading out to Queens soon to get more pics and rides.

As of right now, the buses don't seem to be having any major issues, and I see them being around until at least 2025. Great job New Flyer!:cool:

I was on 274 and it was great o man I love them they sound so nice and look good the cng sounds good, I can't wait until more come out for wf over the next few weeks

May I ask what bus stop was this? area looks somewhat familiar... Still no luck in spotting one :P However, I keep seeing the new LFSAs form KB and WF.

You might wanna check the Bx35 and Bx36 lines since that is where I have seen most of them. There are always C40's on the Bx36. However, there are not too easy to find. A round trip on the Bx36 from GW Bridge to Soundview and back to Manhattan is Approximately 3 hours and 10 minutes including a short break at Soundview if the bus runs LIMITED in one direction. That means they wont be easy to find. i recommend searching during Rush hours.

Hmmmm, imma go out the limb and say University & W174th Street.

Yes, it is University Ave and 174st

I caught the B9 this morning on the way to work, and luckily a new C40 was approaching - #236. It was different riding these buses, and listening to the "Touch the tape to open doors". lol The seating arrangement seems just right this time opposed to the older models, which can handle large crowds. And the interior lightning is pretty sweet.

And I get to ride them every night on the B35 hawks :cool::P...last night I had 238 and today I caught 242 (actually missed the first one; coincidentally, another new one)

Hmmmm, imma go out the limb and say University & W174th Street.

That's the area I was thinking. Thanks to you and Kingsbridge bus for the answer.

You might wanna check the Bx35 and Bx36 lines since that is where I have seen most of them. There are always C40's on the Bx36. However, there are not too easy to find. A round trip on the Bx36 from GW Bridge to Soundview and back to Manhattan is Approximately 3 hours and 10 minutes including a short break at Soundview if the bus runs LIMITED in one direction. That means they wont be easy to find. i recommend searching during Rush hours.

Yes, it is University Ave and 174st

The nearest WF routes to me are the BX32 and BX36. Thanks for the tips once again. Next time when I take the BX36 hopefully I will see one. I have one question though, do you know if they ever ran on the BX32 or BX15? I know that a friend of mine says she spotted one of the new C40LF on the BX21 one time.

And I get to ride them every night on the B35 hawks :cool::P...last night I had 238 and today I caught 242 (actually missed the first one; coincidentally, another new one)

FYI: all JG hawks are assigned new C40LFs to avoid breakdowns during those times of the morning.

Breakdowns cause delay of service, especially when most headways are every hour on the hour, and sometimes there's no one on report (standby) to take the run, which leaves passengers stranded when they were depending on that bus.

So basically the hawks are breaking the new buses in.

FYI: all JG hawks are assigned new C40LFs to avoid breakdowns during those times of the morning.

Breakdowns cause delay of service, especially when most headways are every hour on the hour, and sometimes there's no one on report (standby) to take the run, which leaves passengers stranded when they were depending on that bus.

Your right about that, because at LGA depot they always make sure they put a high brid during the hawk hrs just so no break down issues occurs.

One of the hawks on the B8 always has a old one, he had one this morning. To date I never seen this guy with a new C40LF and I ride this hawk (I ride his last trip of the day in the AM rush) quite often.

One of the hawks on the B8 always has a old one, he had one this morning. To date I never seen this guy with a new C40LF and I ride this hawk (I ride his last trip of the day in the AM rush) quite often.

Your right, some of the old timers loves those RTS. So they would ask for a RTS rather taking a new NG during they hawk tours. Lol

I've seen 272 4 days in a row now. I got lucky this morning as I got to ride 286 on the Bx35. It was the first time I've seen people willing to move towards the back on a low floor bus

That's the area I was thinking. Thanks to you and Kingsbridge bus for the answer.

The nearest WF routes to me are the BX32 and BX36. Thanks for the tips once again. Next time when I take the BX36 hopefully I will see one. I have one question though, do you know if they ever ran on the BX32 or BX15? I know that a friend of mine says she spotted one of the new C40LF on the BX21 one time.

291 was on the Bx32 last Friday which I saw on Jerome Ave and 176st going south at about 5:40pm. However, the C40's are on a different run everyday now unlike last week.

I've seen 272 4 days in a row now. I got lucky this morning as I got to ride 286 on the Bx35. It was the first time I've seen people willing to move towards the back on a low floor bus

291 was on the Bx32 last Friday which I saw on Jerome Ave and 176st going south at about 5:40pm. However, the C40's are on a different run everyday now unlike last week.

What time did you ride 286? Because I shot that bus today.

I'd say around 7:40 am
i dont see them at all anymore, they dont have them on the Bx36 Bx17 Bx15 so i guess they have them on lines that i never use at all like the Bx32 are they going to have them at all on the Bx36 again lol i guess if they are moving the around than we will see them again on the other lines and when more come in, how many of them, do they have at WF now do anyone know? last time it was like 5 or somthing

Archived