MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Is that for NFI (possibly)?

This 135 Nova LFS contract is the same 50 MTA Bus diesel bus contract that was floating around for a couple of years; now they finally awarded it and exercised an option for an additional 85 buses (50+85=135).

My best guess is that if 8755-8963 are the ones coming in now, then 8964-9098 (135) would be MTA Bus. I wonder if that's why they had the HEV buses (both NFI+Nova) be a continuous range (9416-9910) instead of something like 9500-9713 for NFI and 9000-9290 for Nova.

Edited by GojiMet86

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GojiMet86 said:

This 135 Nova LFS contract is the same 50 MTA Bus diesel bus contract that was floating around for a couple of years; now they finally awarded it and exercised an option for an additional 85 buses (50+85=135).

Loud and clear..

Apparently,  there's an artic order floating around for bus co.. Is this 100% accurate?

3 hours ago, ParkerTheM7 said:

I know mta bus likes different specs on their buses so it would be interesting if they got Allison Novas. That’s a sight I would love to see.

I can definitely see them getting Allison Novas. I just hope Nova can come to terms with a better roofline for these new buses. 8755 looked hideous. 

135 buses for MTA Bus? Yeah its definitely for Far Rock/JFK. 

I thought ECH was supposed to get hybrids or electrics? 

5 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I can definitely see them getting Allison Novas. I just hope Nova can come to terms with a better roofline for these new buses. 8755 looked hideous. 

In that case, I'd say to either make the LFX roof fairing standard or throw the whole design out and start over.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I think JFK,BP and ECH will get a piece but i see BP getting these first, Management (If they are still there) for some very odd reason hates the next gens. LGA don't need anything new at the moment, They got the XD40's when new.

But I do hope JFK gets a good chunk of these, They need new 40 footers.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

I think JFK,BP and ECH will get a piece but i see BP getting these first, Management (If they are still there) for some very odd reason hates the next gens. LGA don't need anything new at the moment, They got the XD40's when new.

But I do hope JFK gets a good chunk of these, They need new 40 footers.

Only reason why i didn't include BP was due to the fact that they have XD60s. Why give them LFS for such a small depot? 

3 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Only reason why i didn't include BP was due to the fact that they have XD60s. Why give them LFS for such a small depot? 

Why not?

BP still operates the Q110, Q112 and Q64 as their 40ft routes. Next gens could go there but that would also be temporary as most have hit their retirement age already.

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

That doesn't mean anything. If anything, the smaller depots should get newer bus fleet first. Mother Clara Hale Depot in Manhattan is about to have an entire fleet of new 40 and 60 foot buses.

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Why not?

BP still operates the Q110, Q112 and Q64 as their 40ft routes. Next gens could go there but that would also be temporary as most have hit their retirement age already.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

That doesn't mean anything. If anything, the smaller depots should get newer bus fleet first. Mother Clara Hale Depot in Manhattan is about to have an entire fleet of new 40 and 60 foot buses.

Everyone always mentioning uniformity and trying to have depots maintain one fleet type unless it's a special case like Quill, West Farms, Grand Ave, etc. 

I guess I should expect Xcelsiors and Novas anywhere and everywhere as those are basically the future. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

28 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Everyone always mentioning uniformity and trying to have depots maintain one fleet type unless it's a special case like Quill, West Farms, Grand Ave, etc. 

I guess I should expect Xcelsiors and Novas anywhere and everywhere as those are basically the future. 

Well they didn't order any Xcelsiors so what uniformity are you looking for? Lol....

It makes a lot of sense for BP to get them especially considering that their 40ft fleet isn't as large as the other depots. They could easily have a full fleet of new buses.

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

There's one mentioned in the Capital Program but I've yet to see anything else about it

I saw that too, it’s probably gonna be around 110 buses (my guess, for the CP trio {Q25/65/66} and for the Q64).

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

There's one mentioned in the Capital Program but I've yet to see anything else about it

4 hours ago, NBTA said:

I saw that too, it’s probably gonna be around 110 buses (my guess, for the CP trio {Q25/65/66} and for the Q64).

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Page it was on?

I did not know about the Capital Program...wow this document is amazing. The MTA Bus Co summary is on Page 134, full breakdown on page 216. 

For MTA Bus Co, 874 buses are proposed. 

250 express buses (256 now...2021 Prevost)

545 standard buses (25 of them all-electric....that's for EC) 

79 articulated buses (I know LGA has 13 XD60s to return to NYCT)...but I cannot tell you which depots those artics are for. All I know is if they go to CP or SC, there's a bunch of C40LFs that cannot be shifted anywhere else. Which means the artics are probably for BP (Q64), JFK (Q7, Q60), and LGA (replace NYCT XD60s).

BusCO.png

5 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I did not know about the Capital Program...wow this document is amazing. The MTA Bus Co summary is on Page 134, full breakdown on page 216. 

For MTA Bus Co, 874 buses are proposed. 

250 express buses (256 now...2021 Prevost)

545 standard buses (25 of them all-electric....that's for EC) 

79 articulated buses (I know LGA has 13 XD60s to return to NYCT)...but I cannot tell you which depots those artics are for. All I know is if they go to CP or SC, there's a bunch of C40LFs that cannot be shifted anywhere else. Which means the artics are probably for BP (Q64), JFK (Q7, Q60), and LGA (replace NYCT XD60s).

BusCO.png

Aren't the C40LF's do for replacement  in the next few years.

3 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The C40LFs have special tanks designed to last 20+ years. And the buses are holding up very well so I don't see the need to retire them prematurely. They will be around till 2030 earliest. 

If that's the case then the of 545 + 79 would be enough to replace all buses including  mta bus ng's.

19 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

If that's the case then the of 545 + 79 would be enough to replace all buses including  mta bus ng's.

I'm looking at NYCT as well and I see 345 artic buses + 1090 standard buses through 2024...the heck they tryna do retire all standard/articulated diesel buses built before 2014? Man...the 4800s have their replacements proposed already...felt like 5 years ago they just entered service. 

nyct.png

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm looking at NYCT as well and I see 345 artic buses + 1090 standard buses through 2024...the heck they tryna do retire all standard/articulated diesel buses built before 2014? Man...the 4800s have their replacements proposed already...felt like 5 years ago they just entered service. 

nyct.png

Oh no..100 XE60s, that’s gonna be interesting in the Bx. And it seems like everything Pre-C40LF is going, so the original XD, LFS and Orion VII 3Gs are going, and this might wipe the NG order completely too.

As for the artics, seems like the 1200s and what seems to be the 4700s could be going, with a possibility of the early 57-5900s going as well. That, or just a fleet expansion (and probably new artic routes, maybe the B6 finally gets the call).