Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the plates are out of state maybe everywhere else they have higher clearances?

On a sidenote, when I was in the UK I saw trucks that were like 15 feet+ high on the motorway.

Doesn't matter if the driver's from out of state. The clearance signs are big as day and it's a nationwide standard. People need to pay attention.

It shouldn't affect anybody unless you're going to a CPW or Upper Broadway stop (72nd, 66th, etc.) during the midday/PM rush. The crowds on the trains themselves however....

It also affected Penn Station

They had (D) Trains for the PM Rush Hour local via CPW Both Directions which wasn't a good idea because you also had Yankees crowds and it was way too crowded (I was on one local

Service Change

Posted: 09/27/2015 12:00PM

Due to a rail condition at Lexington Av-53 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (E) trains are running on the (C) line from 42 St-Port Authority to 168 St.

Northbound (F) trains are terminating at 57 St.

Southbound (E) and (F) trains are terminating at Queens Plaza.

There is no (E) train service between 42 St-Port Authority and Queens Plaza.

There is no (F) train service between 57 St and Queens Plaza.

Take the (R) instead.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change

Posted: 09/27/2015 10:57AM

Due to track maintenance between W 4 St-Washington Square and Jay St-MetroTech, some northbound (C) trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 125 St.

Why would the (C) be running via CPW express?

Also that rail condition is gonna cause major problems since n/b 63rd street tunnel is closed

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, southbound (N) and (Q) trains are running with delays.

Was just at Lexington ave 59st thought I was never going to leave the 60 st tube

there is tons of congestion between the (N)(Q) and (R) trains IMO opinion they should terminate some (Q) trains at 57-7 ave

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, southbound (N) and (Q) trains are running with delays.

Was just at Lexington ave 59st thought I was never going to leave the 60 st tube

there is tons of congestion between the (N)(Q) and (R) trains IMO opinion they should terminate some (Q) trains at 57-7 ave

Or as I suspect they would do, send the (R) via 63rd.

It also affected Penn Station

They had (D) Trains for the PM Rush Hour local via CPW Both Directions which wasn't a good idea because you also had Yankees crowds and it was way too crowded (I was on one local

I went to the Central Park procession and took the (1) both ways (and I live near the (D) in the Bronx too; but since you couldn't get in to Central Park directly from CPW I opted for the  :bus_bullet_bx12_ltd: / (1) combo) and the commute both ways was actually nothing out of the ordinary, just the crowds you would normally expect during the midday and rush hour.

I actually got a seat going back uptown after about 103rd, and this was at like 5:30 in the afternoon lol.

Edited by paulrivera

Well now...

Suspended  Posted: 10/01/2015  6:46PM

Due to signal problems along the line, 7.png service has been suspended between 34 St-Hudson Yds and Flushing-Main St in both directions.

Take the e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains instead.

LIRR will cross honor at the following stations:

34 St-Penn Station, Hunters Point Av, 61 St-Woodside, Flushing-Main St, Kew Gardens-Union Tpke, and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

They're actually indicating the severity of the delays. Not just "allow extra time" or whatever, lol.

Delays  Posted: 10/01/2015  7:13PM 

Following an earlier incident between 34 St-Hudson Yds and Flushing-Main St7.png service has resumed with extensive residual delays. 

And this one has been up all day:

Delays  Posted: 10/01/2015  6:21PM 

Due to signal problems at Jay St-MetroTech, northbound a.png and c.png trains are running with delays.

Wow two days in a row of 7 train suspensions and part time service. 

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, the following service changes and delays are in effect: 

There is no 7_diamond.png express service.

Some Hudson Yards-bound 7.png trains are terminating at 74 St-Broadway.

7.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

MTA Service Status

Suspended  Posted: 10/02/2015  6:02PM 

Franklin Av Shuttle s.png service has been suspended in both directions due to a fallen tree at Botanic Garden.

As an alternate, customers may use the B48 bus which runs along Franklin Av (southbound) and Classon Av (northbound).

This wasn't as bad a week disruption-wise, but here's a nice Friday bonus for everyone on the way back in the rush:

Service Change  Posted: 10/09/2015  3:45PM

Due to signal problems at 61 St-Woodside, the following service changes are in effect:

7.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

There is no Main St-bound 7_diamond.png Express train service.

Some Hudson Yards-bound 7.png trains are running express from 74 St-Broadway to Queensboro Plaza.

Service Change  Posted: 10/09/2015  3:46PM

Due to signal problems at Chambers St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound a.png and c.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound c.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Square.

Service Change  Posted: 10/14/2015 12:56PM 

Due to police investigation of a customer injury at Parsons Blvd, southbound f.png trains are running express from Jamaica Av-179 St to Parsons Blvd.

Service Change  Posted: 10/14/2015 12:53PM 

Due to rail condition at Court Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound e.png trains are running on the f.png from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Metropolitan Av-bound m.png trains are runnning on the f.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

Jamaica Ave - 179th street? That's interesting.

Service Change  Posted: 10/18/2015  6:28PM

Due to an injured animal at 86 St, southbound n.png trains are running on the d.png line from 36 St (BKLYN) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Expect delays on southbound d.png and n.png train service.