Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 06/29/2017 11:59AM

Due to Broadway Bridge being open for marine traffic, northbound 1 trains are running express from 215 St to Van-Cortandt Park-242 St.

Maintainers are on the scene investigating. We will keep you updated.

Allow additional travel time.

Huh.

Seems like we have levitating (1) trains. May as well sign them up as (9) s.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 06/29/2017 11:59AM

Due to Broadway Bridge being open for marine traffic, northbound 1 trains are running express from 215 St to Van-Cortandt Park-242 St.

Maintainers are on the scene investigating. We will keep you updated.

Huh.

Someone didn't look at the map before typing...

Right and so from that the idea was that the Grand Concourse was the Bronx's version of the "grand boulevard" like the Champs-Élysées in France. Very wide street with beautiful art deco buildings.

I read an article a long time ago where it was mentioned that there is a subset of the tourism industry that specifically takes folks on a tour around the ghettos. On one such tour, the guide remarked: “do you feel like you’re on the Champs-Élysées? ;):rolleyes:

I read an article a long time ago where it was mentioned that there is a subset of the tourism industry that specifically takes folks on a tour around the ghettos. On one such tour, the guide remarked: “do you feel like you’re on the Champs-Élysées? ;):rolleyes:

lol... Highly unlikely but if you walk down the Concourse and focus on the architecture, you can see what it was like back in the old days. Hard to do now with so many buildings seeing better days...

Due to unauthorized person on the tracks at 125 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png and 6.png trains terminate at 86 St.

5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse in both directions.

Southbound 4.png trains terminate at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Southbound 6.png trains termiante at 3 Av-138 St.

Power removed at 125 St to allow emergency responders to remove customer who attempted suicide from the tracks. Please remain calm and inside the train.

First time I have seen this. Keep calm inside the train. I guess it was due to the recent derailment that caused self-evacuations 

At least 2 of them on the (F) and (N) were due to a loss of power somewhere in Brooklyn.

Meanwhile, first time I have seen this language used.

5iQvQJ1.jpg

Maybe it is a way to inform that don't do self-evacuation 

• 2 weeks later...

RIP 4th Avenue:

Service Change   Posted: 07/19/2017  4:54PM  

Due to a Con Ed loss of power causing signal problems at 59 St (Bklyn), the following service changes are in effect:

n.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions. 

n.png trains are running on the d.png line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions.

There is n.png shuttle train service between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 8 Av in both directions. 

There is no r.png train service between Bay Ridge-95 St to 36 St (Bklyn) in both directions. 

Generators are en-route to the location. 

As an alternative use B4B9B37 or B63 bus service. 

RIP 4th Avenue:

Due to a Con Ed loss of power causing signal problems at 59 St (Bklyn), the following service changes are in effect:

n.png trains are running on the d.png line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions.

There is n.png shuttle train service between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 8 Av in both directions. 

There is no r.png train service between Bay Ridge-95 St to 36 St (Bklyn) in both directions. 

What a mess.  This week has been absolutely atrocious.  

RIP 4th Avenue:

I took the (6) from Canal Street to Bleecker Street after standing inside of an (N) for a few minutes. A (D) train showed up at Broadway–Lafayette Street and I took that to Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue. I don’t know how (B) and (Q) trains were affected, but I certainly saw a (Q) pull into the Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue station a few seconds behind us.

Due to a derailed (Q) train at Brighton Beach, southbound (Q) trains are running express between Kings Highway and Brighton Beach. (B) trains are suspended in both directions.

All I can say is... Oh woooow

I'm assuming that was an R160...

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by Tonyboy515

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017 10:16AM 

Due to a derailment at Brighton Beach, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound q.png trains are running on the n.png line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Both directions, b.png trains are running from 145 St to Kings Hwy and terminate.

Both directions, there is no b.png train service between Kings Hwy and Coney Island-Stillwell Av

As an alternative for service in Bronx and Manhattan take the c.png or d.png train. For service in Brooklyn take the B16, B41 or B68buses making nearby station stops.

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017 10:08AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound e.png trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza.

Southbound f.png trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av  to Roosevelt Island.

Expect delays on e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains.

If it isn't signal delays on the QBL, it's this:

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017  8:28PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Broadway Junction bound m.png and southbound r.png trains are running express from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza.

Some Broadway Junction bound m.png trains are running on the f.png line from 36 St (QNS) to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center.

Expect delays on southbound e.png and f.png train service.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The QBL is not playing around today.

Additionally:

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2017  8:09PM 

Due to a customer injury at Allerton Av, southbound 2.png trains are running express from Gun Hill Rd to E 180 St.   

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

RIP Brighton line  :mellow: 

--------------------------------------

Service Change   Posted: 07/24/2017  1:34PM

Due to signal problems at Parkside Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (Bt (B) train service between 145 St and Brighton Beach in both directions.

( t( (Q) trains are running on the   (N) line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions.

Edited by HenryB

Here we go again with the B train being discontinued. Whenever I have to be in the city and the B train is running, I avoid it at all cost as if there is a problem anywhere that the B train provides service, the B train stops running. 

Any (B) train still in service gets rerouted as well though.

Posted: 07/27/2017 5:42PM

Due to a person struck by a train at 72 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (2) trains are running on the (5) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Southbound (2) and (3) trains are running local from 96 St to Times Sq-42 St.

Northbound (3) trains are running local from Times Sq-42 St to 96 St.

Northbound (1) and (3) trains are bypassing 72 St.

Northbound (5) trains are running local from 3 Av-149 St to E 180 St.

Expect delays on (1) , (2) , (3) , (4) and (5) trains.

Posted: 07/31/2017 2:41PM

Due to ongoing track work and construction between 8 Av and 86 St, southbound (N) trains are running on the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) (D)(N)(R) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av (D)(F)(N)(Q) making express stops.

Free Shuttle buses are running from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Transfer between (N) trains and Shuttle buses at: 36 St (Bklyn) and Coney Island-Stillwell Av .

Expect delays in (D)(N)(W) train service.

Posted: 07/31/2017 2:41PM

Due to ongoing track work and construction between 8 Av and 86 St, southbound (N) trains are running on the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) (D)(N)(R) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av (D)(F)(N)(Q) making express stops.

Free Shuttle buses are running from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Transfer between (N) trains and Shuttle buses at: 36 St (Bklyn) and Coney Island-Stillwell Av .

Expect delays in (D)(N)(W) train service.

The trains were not even running express. Mine went all local. Make it super local if counting the time passengers were being idiots at 36 Street and 62 Street.

RIP Sea Beach -_-

Service Change   Posted: 08/01/2017  3:04PM  

Due to an unauthorized person on the tracks at 8 Av, the following service changes are in effect: 

(N) trains are running with delays in both directions. 

Northbound (N) trains are running on the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 36 St (Bklyn)

------------

Service Change   Posted: 08/01/2017  2:04PM  

Due to ongoing track work and construction between 8 Av and 86 St, the following service changes are in effect: 

Southbound (N) trains are running on the (D) line making all stops from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.