Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Did anyone else notice that the 6th Avenue line was completely f**ked up today?

This morning, (B) and (D) trains were suspended due to a broken rail on the Manhattan Bridge and they ended up sending trains up to 96th Street via the (Q). I ended up taking a rerouted (D) via the (Q) and the conductor was obviously fed up with all the confused people who kept holding the train by not even deciding if they wanted to get on or not (and I don't blame him at all). At one point he yelled through the intercom "THIS IS A BROOKLYN BOUND (D) TRAIN THAT'S GOING OVER THE (Q) LINE, IF YOU SEE A TRAIN THAT YOU DON'T NORMALLY TAKE ON YOUR ROUTE, THEN LISTEN TO THE DAMN ANNOUNCEMENTS!"

Then in the afternoon there was some sorta problem between Rockefeller Center and 7th Avenue that led to (B) and (D) trains being rerouted along the (A) in Manhattan and the (F) in Brooklyn.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Did anyone else notice that the 6th Avenue line was completely f**ked up today?

This morning, (B) and (D) trains were suspended due to a broken rail on the Manhattan Bridge and they ended up sending trains up to 96th Street via the (Q). I ended up taking a rerouted (D) via the (Q) and the conductor was obviously fed up with all the confused people who kept holding the train by not even deciding if they wanted to get on or not (and I don't blame him at all). At one point he yelled through the intercom "THIS IS A BROOKLYN BOUND (D) TRAIN THAT'S GOING OVER THE (Q) LINE, IF YOU SEE A TRAIN THAT YOU DON'T NORMALLY TAKE ON YOUR ROUTE, THEN LISTEN TO THE DAMN ANNOUNCEMENTS!"

Then in the afternoon there was some sorta problem between Rockefeller Center and 7th Avenue that led to (B) and (D) trains being rerouted along the (A) in Manhattan and the (F) in Brooklyn.

There were essentially two different (B) trains for the latter part of the day (before they suspended the damn thing at around 9 PM), connecting to each other at W.4 Street. Also, there were a plethora of different (B) trains going anywhere and everywhere possible where there weren't capacity constraints. So the (B) as a whole terminated at least eight different places throughout the course of the day. 

Also, a sick passenger at 23 Street cause (F) and (M) trains to go express between 34th and W. 4 Street in the PM rush. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Service Change  Posted: 01/10/2018  7:38AM

Some southbound B trains are stopping along the C line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq, then stop along the F line to 2 Av, and end.

Some northbound B trains are stopping along the F line from 47-50 St-Rockefeller Ctr to Lexington Av/63 St, then stop along the Q line to 96 St-2 Av, and end.

These service changes are because of ongoing track maintenance between 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr and 7 Av.  Expect delays on B, C, D, F and Q trains.

25 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

To where 96 st ???....And  was those 3 (B) trains able to fit thru the tunnel with the rest of the capacity????

With residual delays, I'm sure that virtually every line had lateness, increased running time.  Therefore the dispatchers were not able to  keep the normal headways due to late arrival of trains and crews.

29 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Yet you believe DJ and Union that R32s will in fact go to the (B) lol. Hypocrite.

Believing and agreeing with are two very, very different things.

I believe that Trump is ending TPS for Salvadorans. I do not agree with said decision. 

Edited by RR503
lack of a verb....

13 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

To where 96 st ???....And  was those 3 (B) trains able to fit thru the tunnel with the rest of the capacity????

I did not aggree with what they did today.Why should (W) rides lose service because of a problem on 6th Ave? Unless 2nd ave gets more ridership.

18 minutes ago, Abba said:

I did not aggree with what they did today.Why should (W) rides lose service because of a problem on 6th Ave? Unless 2nd ave gets more ridership.

Apparently, the (W) ran during the PM rush hour (but was suspended after that). Is this accurate? Did it run in the AM rush? I guess they didn't send (B) trains to Astoria to not cause (more) confusion, but the (N) shouldn't have dealt with Astoria ridership alone for the most part of the day. 

Side Note: I saw on Subway Time a listing for a (D) to Euclid Avenue. I was able to spot it as far down along the 8th Avenue Line and Fulton Street Line up to High Street, but by Jay Street, I could not see it. Anyone know what that was all about (and if a (D) really made it to Euclid Avenue)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for a service change that is longer than usual (because of whatever occured north of Rockefeller), despite planned work ocurring, they appear to pop the service change notices up at last minute.

Planned Work 
PRIORITY REPAIRS
(D) Coney Island-bound trains are rerouted in Manhattan and Brooklyn

Late Night, 10:45 PM Wed to 5 AM Thu, Jan 10 - 11

Coney Island-bound (D) service operates from 205 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle and via the (A) local 
to W 4 St and via the (F) to Stillwell Av.

Coney Island-bound (F) trains run via the (D) from W 4 St to Stillwell Av, skipping Union St, 
4 Av-9 St, Prospect Av and 25 St.

Travel Alternatives

For 7 Av, take the (E) instead via transfer at 42 St/Port Authority or W 4 St (F) .

For service to 47-50 Sts, 42 St-Bryant Pk and 34 St-Herald Sq, take the (D) to W 4 St and transfer
to an uptown (D) or (F) .

For service from these stations, take the (F) instead.

For Brooklyn (D) stations, transfer to the (F) at W 4 St.

For service to Union St, 4 Av-9 St, Prospect Av and 25 St, transfer at 36 St to a 
Manhattan-bound (D)(N) or (R)

For service from these stations, take the (D)(N) or (R) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 
transfer to a Coney Island-bound (F) .

1 hour ago, D to 96 St said:

LMAO :lol::lol::lol: look at this SUPER RARE REROUTE! 

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/13/2018  8:53PM 

Southbound (F) and (Q) trains are stopping along the (R) line from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

Some southbound (F) and (R) trains are stopping along the  line from Queens Plaza to World Trade Center.  

These service changes are because of falling debris at DeKalb Av.

Expect delays in (E) , (F)  , (N) , (Q) and (R) train service.    

At least they were honest this time and said something was following rather than a "police investigation" or "signal problem in area"

Edited by R68OnBroadway

1 hour ago, D to 96 St said:

MTA Service Status

Southbound (F) and (Q) trains are stopping along the (R) line from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

Some southbound (F) and (R) trains are stopping along the  line from Queens Plaza to World Trade Center.  

Is this real? Why would the (F) via the (R) line? Very strange...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

2 hours ago, D to 96 St said:

MTA Service Status

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Is this real? Why would the (F) via the (R) line? Very strange...

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

(F) trains are running on the (Q) to Atlantic and the (D) to Coney Island this weekend. 6 Avenue is shut down entirely.

The (N) is running via Montague because of this too, hence the additional reroute to WTC. The real rare sight was (R) via 8 Ave.

Though why not send some (F) via crosstown instead? It would let the (F) run to Brooklyn and keep 8 Ave from being congested. 

Anyway this only lasted about an hour or so

Time for the hipsters to panic...

Service Change  Posted: 01/14/2018 12:57PM 

There is no (G) train service between Court Sq and Church Av in both directions because of signal problems at Court Sq.

Crews are responding now and we'll post updates as soon as we get them.

As an alternative, for service between Bergen St and Church Av customers can use the (D) train stopping along the (F) line at Bergen St. Customers can also take the B67 or B69 buses making nearby station stops.

For service between Court Sq and Bergen St customers can use the B43, B44-SBS, or B62 buses making nearby station stops.