Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody understand?

Service Change Posted: 06/16/2016 1:32PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Clark St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound (5) Subway trains are running with on the (2) Subway from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Southbound (3) Subway trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

Planned Work

(E) Jamaica Center-bound trains skip 75 Av

Early evening, 5:45 PM until further notice, Thursday, Jun 16

For service to this station, take the (E) to Union Tpke and transfer to a Manhattan-bound (E) or (F).

For service from this station, take the (E) or (F) to 71 Av and transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound (E).

Note: This planned work is due to a broken switch on the (E) and (F) lines. To maintain service along the (E)

and (F) lines, we will use the overnight hours to repair the broken switch.

Service Change  Posted: 06/16/2016  9:48PM 

Due to a an unauthorized person on the track at 14 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound c.png trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound e.png trains are running express from Canal St to 42 St-Port Authority.

Expect delays on a.pngb.pngc.pngd.png and e.png trains are running with delays.

And again

Service Change  Posted: 06/16/2016 10:37PM 

Due to an unauthorized person on the tracks at 14 St2.png and 3.png trains are running local between Times Sq-42 St andChambers St in both directions.

Expect delays on 1.png train service in both directions.

Allow additional travel time

Planned Work

(E) Jamaica Center-bound trains skip 75 Av

Early evening, 5:45 PM until further notice, Thursday, Jun 16

For service to this station, take the (E) to Union Tpke and transfer to a Manhattan-bound (E) or (F).

For service from this station, take the (E) or (F) to 71 Av and transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound (E).

Note: This planned work is due to a broken switch on the (E) and (F) lines. To maintain service along the (E)

and (F) lines, we will use the overnight hours to repair the broken switch.

My (F) yesterday was skipping it. That explains it.

Service Change  Posted: 06/23/2016  5:17AM 

Due to an injured employee at Lexington Av-53 St, northbound e.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.  

Did someone punch the platform conductor or something? <_<

Due to a tree on the tracks at Carroll St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound f.png trains are running express form Jay St-MetroTech to 4 Av-9 St or Church Av.

Southbound g.png trains terminate at Bedford-Nostrand Avs.  

Delays  Posted: 06/23/2016  6:17PM

Due to an earlier incident at Tremont Av, b.png and d.png service has resumed with residual delays.

Er what

Service Change  Posted: 06/23/2016  6:54PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Queensboro Plaza the following service changes are in effect:

n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Northbound n.png and q.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av.

Southbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq then running on the d.png line to DeKalb Av.

Allow additional travel time

^^^ As if that wasn't enough

Service Change

Posted: 06/23/2016 7:06PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Steinway St, Metropolitan Av bound (M) and southbound (R) trains are running express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza.

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

Maybe I am a bit crazy but in reading the MTA posts for subway and bus route changes, I find myself asking who writes this stuff and then posts it for the public? Sometimes I wonder as the posts have wrong stations, wrong streets and are just totally wrong but yet it is fed to the general public, the media and those that do the traffic reports as gospel. If was is not for the posters here, no one would be asking questions about the correctness of the information being disseminated. Not the media with the exception of a couple of true journalists would not know whether it is correct, nor the traffic reporters as they just read it nor the MTA  as they let this information with all its mistakes go out daily and does nothing about it as it has been going on for years. 

All I am asking is for some truthfulness in reporting subway and bus delays and re-routes and to make sure the information is correct before it is issued to the general public. Start remembering that not all New Yorkers are as familiar as many of us who post here and correct information is a necessity in this city for tourists and residents alike. 

The typo is RIGHT THERE. And I posted this the moment I got it from MyTransit.

I dont say this too often but hes right. The MTA started posting each alert with a link, so its now impossible for anyone to make stuff up about service changes without getting called out. Someone screwed it up bad.

Original with times sq

http://www.mymtaalerts.com/m?51D23

Update (still had ruining though)

http://www.mymtaalerts.com/m?51D25

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger