Superstorm Sandy: After the Storm: NYC Bus Service

Threxx

This isn't listed on the MTA website, but S89 buses are terminating at Walker Street (coming from the south), because there's no HBLR service (I don't know why they couldn't just reroute it so it connects with one of the NJT bus routes, or at least inform passengers that they can reach the #81/120 from 34th Street). I was wondering why there were so few people on the bus (Usually it's maybe 3/4 of a seated load, but today there were only like 7 people on board)

I wonder if there's a sign for any S89 short-turn (not necessarily to Walker Street, but in general).

On a side note, the S46 was a lot less crowded than usual for some reason.....

Simple cause most S89 riders want NJ and since it isn't going to NJ people are not using it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple cause most S89 riders want NJ and since it isn't going to NJ people are not using it.

Where's that facepalm?

Yeah, I was wondering why there were only a few people on the bus before the B/O made the announcement that the bus wasn't going to NJ. I wouldn't have said I was wondering if I didn't know the answer, now would I?

Service Change Posted: 11/05/2012 4:20PM

Flatbush Avenue-bound Q35 bus is detoured due to a gas line on Avenue I. Detour is as follows:

To Flatbush Av: Via Flatbush Av, left on Av H, discharge and load passengers at B103 stop, left on Nostrand Av, left on Av I, right on Flatbush Av and then regular route.

Please allow extra time for travel.

ok

I got the 2 out of 3 pages...still mssing Barclays---atlantic av Portion----southbound

this the actual ppwk.

Hewes Street

NB from Broadway at Hooper st,,via Hewes,,south 4 st,,Williamszburg Bridge,,Delan cey st,,Bowery,,3 av,,55 st,,Lexingtonav.stand on Lexington av,,

SB ret SB on Lexngton ave,,at 55 st,continue,,left on 23 st,3 av,,Bowery,Dela ncey st,,Bridge,,South 5 st,,,Marccy at,,Broadway,,,stand at Hooper st

thank you

what is the turnaround from SB flatbush to return to and from Barclays st

and Atlantic av

steve

The buses use anything to turn around. I've seen some using Grand Army Plaza... I don't know if there is a official turnaround.

I assume this is over with the trains restored, right?

Then again, for some reason I just saw two BP O7s on 57th, so maybe they're running some buses...

It will end soon thank god!!!!! it was so bad you had new riders on BM lines as a direct result of sandy. But those riders were temporary BM3/1 will go back to being empty outside rush soon

• 4 weeks later...

Guys. This is not a foamer idea but a possible replacement proposal. With some new reports stating now, the (A) service between the Rockaways and Manhattan may not return until Fall 2013 or even later, how about this idea?

What about creating hourly Q52/Q53 overnight service (every 30 minutes *north of Broad Channel)between the Rockaways and Woodhaven/Queens Blvd (E) station? This would be in addition to the shuttle bus service between the Howard Beach and Mott Ave stations? What you guys think?

PS Yes i did suggest the "Q53" run hourly service overnights between Queens Blvd/Woodhaven station and the Rockaways before, so this is IMO a great time to give it a trial. I admit I don't know the Rockaways that much but a suggestion. reactions?

Simple solution:

(this is just for late night service out there until things get back to normalcy)

- Q22 retains late night service (no change)

- Q35 late nights extended to arverne (same headways)

- Q52 extended to far rockaway (every 30 mins)

- Q53 remains w/ no service

- Shuttle bus b/w howard bch & far rockaway subway stations remain.....

I've recently rode the Q35 twice out there since I've started fanning late nights like this.... first time there were 4 ppl that got off with me (at 116th), the 2nd time it was only 2 other ppl.....

all 6 of those total ppl in those 2 days xferred to the 22.

(I'm not counting myself b/c obviously I'm not a regular commuter)

Q22 should run overnight to replace the (H).

Q53 should run overnight between Rockaway Park and Rockaway Blvd (A) to reduce travel time for Rock Park and serve Broad Channel.

the Q22 does run overnight

The Q53 should run overnight and i would have college point help out just like Spring Creek is helping out JFK and FR

Archived