• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partial Bus Service Restored

Operating today

Manhattan

M2, M5, M8, M11, M14, M15, SBS15, M34, M34A, M22, M57, M60, M86, M96, M101

Bronx

Bx1, Bx6, Bx7, Bx8, Bx10, Bx12, SBS12, Bx16, Bx23, Bx27, Bx36, Bx38, Bx40, Bx41, Bx55, Q50

Brooklyn

B1, B3, B15, B35, B41, B44, B46, B61, B82, Q58, Q59

Queens

Q4, Q6, Q7, Q10, Q12, Q22, Q23, Q25, Q33, Q46, Q50, Q60, Q65, Q66, Q69, Q101, Q113

Staten Island

S40, S46, S48, S53, S59, S61, S62, S74, S78, SBS79

Got this from MTA.info

I saw the list that the MTA posted regarding which bus lines are resuming but see no mention of any express bus service. I tried calling 511, got transferred to an operator by the machine but was promptly disconnected. The MTA website is basically down besides stating the effects of Sandy/few bus listings.

I was assuming the x27/x37 that run from Brooklyn to Manhattan through the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel would be down but saw a posting on social media (Facebook) that some express buses would be going over the Manhattan bridge.

Can anybody confirm or deny this rumor?

Thank you.

Will Staten Island and Brooklyn express buses be running into Manhattan tomorrow? Will they be fare-free as well since the subway is out? Or will they accept Unlimited Metrocard (at the $2.25 rate) in this emergency?

Unfortunately, I don't see any info on the express buses.

Yep, the M5 is running. Not an exact Sunday schedule, but better than than nothing, amirite? AFAIK they are running below 26th St, but the downtown 5 I was on tonight became a 42nd St short-turn with the driver change at 135th/Broadway; so the downtown service could be pretty limited.

No idea about the express buses, but if the SIR and the Staten Island Ferry aren't back yet, it would make sense to get a couple of them, at least the X1 and the X17, up and running and free until the ferry and subways are back. That's the only real way from SI to Manhattan for the time being.

then you gotta pay, of course. Mta needs that money to pay for operational expenses ;)

And that's my point... Folks b*tch about how expensive express buses are so that would be insanely generous to make them AND local buses free. They didn't do that before the storm. They cross honored LIRR and MetroNorth tickets but you still had to pay. Same thing with the express buses.

Express buses are operating tomorrow according to NY1 and the MTA's Twitter. Routes from Staten Island and Brooklyn are likely going to be diverted over the Manhattan Bridge and Queens service will likely operate over the Ed Koch-59th Street Bridge.

That's gonna be a strange sight to see. Yukon, Meredith, Castleton, and Charleston buses in Queens.

Archived