HOP ON! MTA restores old bus routes lost in cuts and extends several more

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-62659800-1357305313_thumb.jpg[/float]Bus riders will see nearly $18 million in additional service this month as the (MTA) restores a portion of the unpopular cuts it enacted in a few years ago and extends the reach of some existing routes, officials said Thursday.

The Service Enhancement Plan, announced last summer, encompasses 21 routes spanning the five boroughs.

For Ruthie Campbell — a 21-year-old St. John’s University student from St. Albans, Queens — the restoration of midday service along the Q42 route means she won’t have to walk an additional “five long blocks” through the freezing cold to get to class on time.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-62659800-1357305313_thumb.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find sorta funny is they're restoring the B39 also... Is there really a point to that bus route that I must be missing?

It's good though that they are restoring bus service again hopefully It won't be cut again or any time soon.

What I find sorta funny is they're restoring the B39 also... Is there really a point to that bus route that I must be missing?

It's good though that they are restoring bus service again hopefully It won't be cut again or any time soon.

Yes. I assume you've never used the route before which would explain why you find it "funny" that they're restoring it...

Yes. I assume you've never used the route before which would explain why you find it "funny" that they're restoring it...

I've taken it twice but reason why I said kinda funny is I always thought they should of made it like a crosstown bus ya know.

I've taken it twice but reason why I said kinda funny is I always thought they should of made it like a crosstown bus ya know.

Can't make it a Crosstown either, Delancey ends at Bowery and there's no turnaround. Kenmare(what Delancey turns into) is too narrow.

Can't make it a Crosstown either, Delancey ends at Bowery and there's no turnaround. Kenmare(what Delancey turns into) is too narrow.

That I know but how about north up toward Houston, Or just extending it slightly.

That I know but how about north up toward Houston, Or just extending it slightly.

Houston has no turnaround with its current layout. I always thought about having it go to Houston & Allen....but there's no turnaround for it

My thing is, why are they bringing back the 39 & not the 51..... They both have the same general purpose...

Bring back both or bring back neither......

Houston has no turnaround with its current layout. I always thought about having it go to Houston & Allen....but there's no turnaround for it

A houston crosstown over the Willy B'....

I dunno.... even if the roads allowed for it, I'm not seeing who that would benefit......

My thing is, why are they bringing back the 39 & not the 51..... They both have the same general purpose...

A houston crosstown over the Willy B'....

I dunno.... even if the roads allowed for it, I'm not seeing who that would benefit......

Being fair bro. The Essex stop on (J)(M)(F) is not ada accessible. While stations near the old "B51" such as Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall are. That why imo the B39 came back and the B51 did not.

Well, the B39 had a lower cost per rider than the B51, so that probably had something to do with it (in addition to the ADA argument).

Saw this on the news a while ago! I guess they finally rebounded?

Not really, remember we do have a fare hike in a couple of months.

The MTA considers those figures a loss? Talk about tightwads.

I'm sure there's more, like mileage, and driver pay/benefits, but yeah, those seem pretty damn cheap.

Archived