R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go a few pages back and i posted a pic of when i caught 1735 without em...

No, I believe you that some are missing it, but I can't believe they're taking them out. Why would they spend the money on installing them in every car and then transfer them to the only line still using a diamond bullet for nothing?

No, I believe you that some are missing it, but I can't believe they're taking them out. Why would they spend the money on installing them in every car and then transfer them to the only line still using a diamond bullet for nothing?

Remember the whole point of the Led's was cause Flushing riders couldnt tell the difference between Local and Express and some still can't today so they installed it to the R62As to try and make it easier , (6) riders know the difference , and on top of that iv been noticing that Westchester Yards crew don't like dealing with changing the Led lights.....Iv been on <6> express trains and they would keep the Leds local. If they are infact removing them that can be a strong possibility..

Edited by R62AR33

It still makes sense to keep em so this way the crew don't have to change signs, the circle could be for local/Parkchester and diamond could be used for express/Pelham bay

It does make sense for Westchester to keep the LED signs... But I guess that more work they DONT wanna do when those LEDs crap out... So they are just scraping the idea altogether

At least when you're trying to tell the difference between a (6) and <6>, the countdown clocks make it easier.

The LEDs are the best way to quickly tell if a train is local or express. It's annoying when a 142 or 188 is already in the station and you have to watch the side sign scroll before deciding to get on. This goes for both the 6 and 7.

I can understand the other side of the coin though too, but that's just my two cents

Lol they are doing it.... I've seen a few R62a's with the LEDs taken off once they got back to Westchester...

Did some railfaning today

They going back to old days bro... Take a trip on the 6 for yourself and see

I'm on it every morning, telling you I think it's just maintenance that they took some of them off. 

These two sets are killing me...ok. When 7855-7859 got delayed, they had to put 7860-7865 with 7866-7870. And 7860-7870 was a set in that order in service. Then they put 7871-7876 with 7855-7859. So 7855-7859, 7871-7876 was a set in that order. Now I've seen a photo of 7866 being the lead car, so does that mean these two sets are consecutive? Because 7866 is no longer in the middle.

These two sets are killing me...ok. When 7855-7859 got delayed, they had to put 7860-7865 with 7866-7870. And 7860-7870 was a set in that order in service. Then they put 7871-7876 with 7855-7859. So 7855-7859, 7871-7876 was a set in that order. Now I've seen a photo of 7866 being the lead car, so does that mean these two sets are consecutive? Because 7866 is no longer in the middle.

Does it matter if the trains are in order. They will eventually be out of order anyway.

Why do you even care about this? Once more R188s come in all of the trains will be out of order.

Why yall getting all mad? I just said something and yall making a whole scene about it. Damn can we all just get along.

Getting along is something that's optional for some when it comes to this hobby, sadly. 

Edited by DJ MC