What's the most unreliable bus in the city?

BronxBombers

Bronx:

Bx12 Orchard Beach- Crowded and wet

Bx12 SBS- Crowded

Bx15: Crowded and it seems make all two three stops.

Manhattan:

M4: Waiting Longer at Cloisters

M5: Too long, well as non counting Holiday Gridlock and slow Carriage Drivers.

M7: Heavey Times Sq traffic.

M14A/D: Crowded.

M31/M57: Crowded along 57th St.

M34/A SBS: Crowded. However M34 SBS crowded when Javits Center's special event.

M42: Crowded.

M15 SBS: Rush Hour gets crowded mostly Midtown area.

M60 SBS: Sometimes every evening gets crowded.

M66: Crowded

M79: Crowded during school year and gets hold up at every subway station.

M86: Crowded and gets hold up at every subway station.

Queens:

Q44: Crowded.

Q52/Q53: Waiting at flag stop at Jamaica Bay Widlife Refuge. Sometimes 30 minutes wait for each. Q53 crowded.

Q48: Slow down at CitiField when there's Tennis, concert or baseball games.

Q70: Crowded, mostly with suitcases.

Q72: Always late, especially on evening, and more late in heavy rain.

Staten Island:

S79 SBS: Crowded during rush hour.

I've actually have had good luck with the M31/M57.

I would say the B44 LOCAL because I usually see 2 or even 3 SBS pass before a local passes. (I'm sure there's a discussion with that.)

Also I'd input the B3 because of the passengers not knowing what the back of the bus is or if it even exists to them causing "packed" buses to skip stops.

Can't really account for anything else since I've only ridden a handful of buses.

The M5 by far. Whenever I want to take the M5 to save an extra subway fare it doesn't even bunch, buses just outright go missing. 20-30 minute gaps on a 10 minute headway and only 1 bus shows up it seems.

The Bx32 isn't terrible, but it can do better with reliability too considering it's not a high ridership line compared to the Bx1/Bx2 nearby. Lack of reliability on the Bx1/2 is to be expected, but I see the Bx32 bunching more often than it should.

I would have to say any crosstown bus in Manhattan, especially the M50. During rush hour, I have once walked all of 50th street and I beat one bus from start to finish. I wish I had a video of that event. It was hilarious. 

Less frequency goes to the M5 and M3 that I know of.

Most crowded during rush hour goes to BX15 at 149th street, BX9 at 225th street going to West Farms and BX7 going to Riverdale (although they have improved their rush hour routine since early October.

I might be wrong but I say the B4 in Brooklyn is one of the more unreliable ones.

The M5 by far. Whenever I want to take the M5 to save an extra subway fare it doesn't even bunch, buses just outright go missing. 20-30 minute gaps on a 10 minute headway and only 1 bus shows up it seems.

The Bx32 isn't terrible, but it can do better with reliability too considering it's not a high ridership line compared to the Bx1/Bx2 nearby. Lack of reliability on the Bx1/2 is to be expected, but I see the Bx32 bunching more often than it should.

I hate the B64 in Brooklyn. On the occasions i had to take it it was just so unreliable, the next on my list is probably the M5 after it hits 42nd and 5ave, I think it should just terminate on Columbus circle 

M2 from my expierence...

I would have to say any crosstown bus in Manhattan, especially the M50. During rush hour, I have once walked all of 50th street and I beat one bus from start to finish. I wish I had a video of that event. It was hilarious. 

Less frequency goes to the M5 and M3 that I know of.

Most crowded during rush hour goes to BX15 at 149th street, BX9 at 225th street going to West Farms and BX7 going to Riverdale (although they have improved their rush hour routine since early October.

The M50 can be pretty bad due to CONSTANT construction along 50th or 49th street, even during the weekends.  It's really ridiculous.  Then during the holiday period, the bus can be detoured all the way up to 57th street.  

As for M2 and M5, I would agree.  Both routes have become progressively worse since their service was cut.  The M2 used to be A LOT better, but for whatever reason the (MTA) cut the 10 headways during most of the day back to 12 - 15 minutes, and it's been downhill ever since.  In fact during the rush sometimes the buses are so packed going up Madison that you can't get on.  They should either add artics OR run more service on both lines.  The M5 is another mess.  Too many B/O's bullsh*tting on that line trying not to pick up passengers.  Some of the bunching isn't just because of traffic.  I've personally watched some B/O's out of Manhattanville lack back on purpose so as to leave the front runner slammed and thus further delay service.  What a "surprise" that the M2 and M5 are both out of Manhattanville...  <_<

The B4 faces the same problem... Too many B/O's BS-ing around and skipping stops.

As for express buses, I'd have to say that the BxM2 and BxM4 can both be pretty unreliable.  The BxM2 of late has been TERRIBLE.  Buses have been either MIA completely or 20 - 30 minutes late, and part of the problem is the guys leaving the damn terminal late.  It's like they're either too early or too late.  The (MTA) should revise the damn run sheets so that the drivers know the times that they should be at each stop on the express buses because if there's only 8 - 10 stops to pick up at then there is really no reason why should have such a hard time figuring what time they should be at each stop.

From my experience, it's Kissena Blvd lines. But it's none of the (MTA)'s fault. It's the city's fault for not making wider roads. 

On the Q17, Q25, and Q34 between Booth Memorial Ave and 60th Ave southbound service is as slow as shit. I swear to god that a wobbly old lady can beat it, and a normal healthy person when in a good mood is 3x faster.

The M50 can be pretty bad due to CONSTANT construction along 50th or 49th street, even during the weekends.  It's really ridiculous.  Then during the holiday period, the bus can be detoured all the way up to 57th street.  

As for M2 and M5, I would agree.  Both routes have become progressively worse since their service was cut.  The M2 used to be A LOT better, but for whatever reason the (MTA) cut the 10 headways during most of the day back to 12 - 15 minutes, and it's been downhill ever since.  In fact during the rush sometimes the buses are so packed going up Madison that you can't get on.  They should either add artics OR run more service on both lines.  The M5 is another mess.  Too many B/O's bullsh*tting on that line trying not to pick up passengers.  Some of the bunching isn't just because of traffic.  I've personally watched some B/O's out of Manhattanville lack back on purpose so as to leave the front runner slammed and thus further delay service.  What a "surprise" that the M2 and M5 are both out of Manhattanville...  <_<

The B4 faces the same problem... Too many B/O's BS-ing around and skipping stops.

As for express buses, I'd have to say that the BxM2 and BxM4 can both be pretty unreliable.  The BxM2 of late has been TERRIBLE.  Buses have been either MIA completely or 20 - 30 minutes late, and part of the problem is the guys leaving the damn terminal late.  It's like they're either too early or too late.  The (MTA) should revise the damn run sheets so that the drivers know the times that they should be at each stop on the express buses because if there's only 8 - 10 stops to pick up at then there is really no reason why should have such a hard time figuring what time they should be at each stop.

Let me guess, the biggest stop they skip is the 77 St (R) stop?

Hmm. I think the B82 is fine. (At least in the area around Kings Highway B/Q)

Lol... Yeah, b/c within commercial Kings Hwy. is where buses tend to bunch!

Let me guess, the biggest stop they skip is the 77 St (R) stop?

Yeah, the ones that would take Narrows straight to Bay Ridge Pkwy... smh lol....

You even have the ones that simply will not stop at the back (Voorhies) end of the Sheepshead Bay station!

Lol... Yeah, b/c within commercial Kings Hwy. is where buses tend to bunch!

If you are implying that I think that bus bunching is fine, you are quite mistaken.

What times of the day do you see B82 buses bunching at commercial Kings Highway?

I guess that explains the x27's ridership.

Not really.   It just further justifies why the X27 is needed 7 days a week. Local bus service along and near Shore Rd is PATHETIC.  The B4 and B16 BOTH are unreliable and erratic, and when you combine that with how sh*tty (R) train service is, the X27 can cut commutes into Manhattan easily by 30 - 40 minutes.

Archived