R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:
7 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:
9 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

Got a surprise update 211A inaugural run will be March 9, 2023 From 1400-2100 starting from 207

Who is your source?

He's actually right. They'll be in service on Thursday, assuming that there are no last minute changes or delays.

Good to know we're finally going to be able to ride these things. This also means those production sets that are standing by will also start coming in soon once the Pilot set completes its 30 day revenue testing. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong from that point moving forward.

9 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

Got a surprise update 211A inaugural run will be March 9, 2023 From 1400-2100 starting from 207

Very Nice! I wonder if the media will be invited or will it be an quiet uneventful first trip with only fanfare from railfans. 

Nothing more exciting in this hobby than when an new subway car class makes its revenue service debut.

Edited by trainfan22

3 hours ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Will there be a way to track where this (A) train is at? When I get out of school, (A) is one of the trains I can take and I'd be willing to wait around for a while to catch it.

Hopefully not, but knowing how this is gonna go..it’ll definitely be tracked.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Very Nice! I wonder if the media will be invited or will it be an quiet uneventful first trip with only fanfare from railfans. 

Nothing more exciting in this hobby than when a new subway car class makes its revenue service debut.

Good luck in that first car. 

29 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

At least the R179s didn’t get that much media coverage but the R142/R142A cars and the R160Bs did

The media attention the R179s mostly ever got was from there mechanical mishaps.... door openings and the 2 car separation out of Fulton street.

5 minutes ago, Tonyboy515 said:

There'd be no way for the media to know unless the MTA did a press release (meaning we'd also know outside of this forum), so there'll probably be no media involved just like the R179 first runs.

It could also be through the Governor's press office if she's in attendance

52 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Good luck in that first car. 

I don't plan to ride in the first car. The second and third or seventh car in a consist is my favorite to ride in regardless of car class. 

Just a weird quirk of mine lol

13 minutes ago, Tonyboy515 said:

There'd be no way for the media to know unless the MTA did a press release (meaning we'd also know outside of this forum), so there'll probably be no media involved just like the R179 first runs.

There wasn't no heads up to the public when the TA took the R211 gangway set for a spin on the Culver EL with the media on board.

There is still no internal bulletin or notices about this on our intranet. 

I would think telling us RTO personnel would be the first priority, since we, you know, have to operate the damn thing.

this is like… opening a new ride at Disney and not telling the Cast Members.

Edited by Kamen Rider

Like, I don’t know if I’m allowed to share internal documentation, so I am not going to, but the bulletin of the launch of the 10 car R179s on the A is still listed as an active bulletin. There was another bulletin for when the 8 car sets debuted, but it’s been removed.

It explicitly states no troubleshooting, that when any problems occur the train is to run light back to Pitken, and even notes which track was set aside for the test train to be parked on during the midnight tour. So I am basically expecting to see a similar announcement before the 211s begin passenger testing.

Also, what actually is the chance that Hochul is in attendance tomorrow? That seems nigh impossible to me.

(referring to this comment)

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

It could also be through the Governor's press office if she's in attendance

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

42 minutes ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Anyone know what those weird "notches" are above the doors for the R211? They seem a bit awkward and are triggering me for some reason. Also seem like they could be a mild safety hazard for taller people.

image.png

(I'm referring to this notch blocking the "do not hold doors" sign)

It’s a door panel that’s opened and hanging.