Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

• 2 months later...

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking of some new NYC subway routes and expansions.

I would extend the (L) to meet up with the Brighton line.

I would re-introduce the (K).

I would start a (Y) line to run down 3rd Avenue, Manhattan.

I was also thinking of re-introducing multiple 1967-1979 lines.

Any suggestions?

I would extend the (L) to meet up with the Brighton line.

I would re-introduce the (K).

I would start a (Y) line to run down 3rd Avenue, Manhattan.

I was also thinking of re-introducing multiple 1967-1979 lines.

How would that (L) extension work?

The (K) would be a good off-peak supplement to the (C), but it would be relatively infrequent. The best thing to do there would to add service to the (C) so Brooklyn riders would benefit.

The Second Avenue Subway would nullify the need for that (Y).

Depends on which lines you want to reintroduce.

I would extend the (L) so riders can get direct access to Rockaway Parkway from the Brighton (B)(Q).

For the (C), I would extend it to JFK Terminals.

I am not sure what to do with the (Y) if 2 Av is serviced by the (T)...

Introduce a new (U) service. (What trunk lines need a new service?)

For the 60s routes, I'd bring back the (NX). Should I bring back the (MJ), (RJ) and (QJ)?

Yea! It's back!

Here's two that are like the one above.

{Q}Nassau Street Local

Brighton Local - Montague Street Tunnel - Nassau Street Local - Bushwick Avenue Local - Jamaica Skip-Stop/Local - Merrick Blvd Skip-Stop/Local

Runs from Coney Island Terminal, Bklyn to Green Acres Mall, Long Island.

All times, rush hour skip-stop peak-direction with {Q}.

{R}Nassau Street Local

4th Avenue Local - Montague Street Tunnel - Nassau Street Local - Bushwick Avenue Local - Jamaica Skip-Stop/Local - Merrick Blvd Skip-Stop/Local

Runs from Bay Ridge Terminal to Green Acres Mall, Long Island.

All times except weekends & late nights, rush hour skip-stop peak-direction with {R}.

The Jamaica El from Broadway Junction west would be torn down and replaced by the BMT Bushwick Avenue Line. A new BMT Atlantic Avenue Line would be built, serving (J) and (Z) lines.

The motormen would switch driving halfway through route. This would be the procedure for all of my (LONG) routes.

FLEET: R40 Slant's

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

I just thought of an idea...completely unheard of and on the borderline of insane...

I shall call it the (K)

This fictional (K) train will run from 207 St to Lefferts Blvd via 8 Av and Fulton St express. At nights, it will be a shuttle from Broadway Junction to Lefferts Blvd via express

Any existing car can use it

Dude this is too realistic to be considered insane!!!!!!! It is essentially a rename of the lefferts (A)!!!!!!!

Now this one is crazy New fordham road subway extension from 207th street (A) BUT it will not be served by the (A). It will make a transfer station to univercity heights MNRR then to the (4) then link for Fordham MNRR and stations at southern blvd and eastchester road and will have connections to the (2)(5) and (6) it will be served by the (B) train which will be rerouted over the (A) north of 145th street to 207th then will serve the fordham rd corridor with subway service at rush the (C) will return to bedford park. And (B) will replace (C) en rte to 168th then the bronx the (B) will be the Fordham crosstown line in the bronx.

I would extend the (L) so riders can get direct access to Rockaway Parkway from the Brighton (B)(Q).

For the (C), I would extend it to JFK Terminals.

I am not sure what to do with the (Y) if 2 Av is serviced by the (T)...

Introduce a new (U) service. (What trunk lines need a new service?)

For the 60s routes, I'd bring back the (NX). Should I bring back the (MJ), (RJ) and (QJ)?

None of those... no one used the (NX) because it bypassed all of Sea Beach. If you add some new platforms, then I can see that happening. The others, no, the (J) and (Z) do a fine job.

2nd Avenue could use some express service... ;)

NO.

For the (L) extension, I meant what route would it take to get to the Brighton Line.

I want to run the subway lines to the jfk and lgauardia airport how would it work can it loop around at the airport to stop at the terminals or stop at a central area in the airport like in chicago?

I can run the N to LGA

But can an extension of the 3 to jfk work?

Good luck with Astoria on that... as for the (3), Livonia Yard is somewhat in the way...

Might as well show mine:

https://maps.google....3502c8814&msa=0

https://maps.google....6a66604b7&msa=0

https://maps.google....301251,0.617294

(Not meant to be that serious, but in current conditions, are realistic, if they were built in the past. Not all of the maps are complete, though.)

Some details:

The 9th Avenue Line is to be the first CBTC trunk. All lines here use either the R143 or R160.

Car assignments (B Div only)

A: R46

B: R68/A (Split)

C: R32, 40 R38's

D: R68

E: R160, 1 R46

F: R160, 10 R46

G: R46

H: 20 R160, 24 R46

I: R68A

J: R160

M: R160 (Ten-Car)

N: R160

O: R40S (Refurbished, confined to the LIE line.)

P: R160, 2 R68

Q: R160

R: R46, 4 R160

Franklin Shuttle: R68

42nd Street Shuttle: R62A

T: R160, 1 R68A

V: R46

W: R160

X: R143

Y: R160

Z: R160

(Sorry for the double post, thought it would combine.)

Edited by Threxx

(K) Rockaway park to GWB via rockaway ROW and elevated over queens blvd then merges into hell's gate line at elmhurst and stops at a new elmhurst LIRR station for port washington line then via astoria ditmars and stops at the randall's island sports complex. new tracks to link it to existing row in the bronx next to the hudson line but not quite on it. Then after new transfer station for MNRR hudson line this (K) will end at GWB GWB terminal will become an intermodal transportation center.

The (L) should be extended from it's current terminal in 14th Street and 8th Avenue to 11th Avenue and 23rd Street.

The (1) extension from South Ferry to Staten Island.

I've mentioned the Staten Island (1) extension myself, but as I understand it that tunnel would be too costly.

The (L) on the other hand, as I've suggested before would if expanded as I would do it from 8th Avenue-14th Street would be to have it run diagonally to 10th Avenue, stopping at 23rd Street (exits at 20th and 23rd with three tracks there to allow for short turns), 33rd Street (exits at 31st, 33rd and 34th Street), 41st Street (this might very well also get the 10th Avenue (7) station built with if so a transfer to the (7) there, exits at 41st and 42nd Street), 49th Street (exits at 49th and 50th Streets), 58th Street-Roosevelt Hospital (exits at 57th and 58th Streets), 66th Street-Lincoln Center (exits at 64th, 65th and 66th Street) before terminating under the (1) / (2) / (3) at 72nd-Broadway (with a transfer to the Broadway lines and a north exit at 75th Street and Amsterdam Avenue and provisions beyond there to later extend the line across Amsterdam Avenue).

• 1 month later...
my new stations

(F)(M) W Broadway- Laguardia Pl. To take some relief of Broadway-Lafayette & W 4 St

(L) Avenue C and 2 Av

(C)(E) 7 Av South

(cool.png(Q) Tillary Street

(cool.png(Q) Neptune Av

(F) Atlantic Av

(5) Allerton Av

(5) Bronxdale Av-White Plains Rd

it would also be cool if someway it was possible to add stops along the Williamsburg and Manhattan Bridges

my new stations

(F)(M) W Broadway- Laguardia Pl. To take some relief of Broadway-Lafayette & W 4 St

(L) Avenue C and 2 Av

(C)(E) 7 Av South

(cool.png(Q) Tillary Street

(cool.png(Q) Neptune Av

(F) Atlantic Av

(5) Allerton Av

(5) Bronxdale Av-White Plains Rd

it would also be cool if someway it was possible to add stops along the Williamsburg and Manhattan Bridges

bad idea for  (5) to built Bronxdale Ave - White Plains Road ... Example are there closer to UnionPort Yard. As  (2) Bronx Park East station are closer to Unionport Yard when there is Track connection to Unionport Yard / East 180 Street yard

I would have (L) train stops at 2nd Ave. and Avenue B instead of at 1st and 3rd Aves. 3rd Avenue is a given as it's only a block away from Union Sq., and walking to Alphabet City is a bitch depending on how far in you have to go (good luck if you're going to Ave. D...). Also, when (if) the SAS reaches down there in Phase 3 anyway it would make the 14th St. transfer to the (L) that much easier. Similarly, I would add 2nd Ave. stations to the (F), (N)(Q)(R), (E)(M) and (7) lines. No one's going to want to walk 2 avenues down to the Lexington Ave. stations when the SAS opens, and 2nd Ave. is populated enough to warrant stations too. I doubt those are possible under existing conditions though.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread I would have stations at 5th Ave. - 63rd St. (F), Union Ave. (J)(M)(Z) (closing Hewes and Lorimer) and 103rd St. (2)(3).

Is a station at Allerton Ave. (5) necessary? It's really close to Gun Hill Rd. as it is. I also don't think it's necessary to add any more 28th St. stations since you're never more than 5 blocks away from a station between 23rd and 34th streets. You don't want too many stops as that just makes commuting slower.

I would have (L) train stops at 2nd Ave. and Avenue B instead of at 1st and 3rd Aves. 3rd Avenue is a given as it's only a block away from Union Sq., and walking to Alphabet City is a bitch depending on how far in you have to go (good luck if you're going to Ave. D...). Also, when (if) the SAS reaches down there in Phase 3 anyway it would make the 14th St. transfer to the (L) that much easier. Similarly, I would add 2nd Ave. stations to the (F), (N)(Q)(R), (E)(M) and (7) lines. No one's going to want to walk 2 avenues down to the Lexington Ave. stations when the SAS opens, and 2nd Ave. is populated enough to warrant stations too. I doubt those are possible under existing conditions though.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread I would have stations at 5th Ave. - 63rd St. (F), Union Ave. (J)(M)(Z) (closing Hewes and Lorimer) and 103rd St. (2)(3).

Is a station at Allerton Ave. (5) necessary? It's really close to Gun Hill Rd. as it is. I also don't think it's necessary to add any more 28th St. stations since you're never more than 5 blocks away from a station between 23rd and 34th streets. You don't want too many stops as that just makes commuting slower.

who forgot NIMBY .. will they ever approve to built Allerton Avenue Station... 

I'd make 81st Street, Manhattan an express stop, and I will add these following stations:

(A) Beach 49th Street (Queens) Cross Street- Rockaway Freeway

(cool.png(Q) Neptune Av (Brooklyn) Cross Street- East 12th Street

(D) Avenue V (Brooklyn) Cross Street- Stillwell Avenue

(F) 5th Avenue-63rd Street (Manhattan)

(G) Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue (Queens)

(R) 2nd Street (Brooklyn) Cross Street- 4th Avenue

sorry but 2nd Street is too close to Union,although an (R) stop at Bergen might work?