ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ListNumber14xx said:

Just got a call from 646-663-5740. Missed it and they called twice 🙄. Also got a canvas email that I will be filling out and sending back asap!! Looks like the list is moving along nicely. List number 145x!

Glad To hear that!! Congrats!!! 16xx here. Waiting patiently 

1 hour ago, Shifty225 said:

Hey everyone.  I'm new to this forum and obviously very late.  Can someone explain what the Canvas letter is?  I've been to 180 twice now for the physical but haven't heard anything back yet.  16xx

Physical twice? I'm 16xx and only was called once for the drug test back in late 2018

1 hour ago, Shifty225 said:

Hey everyone.  I'm new to this forum and obviously very late.  Can someone explain what the Canvas letter is?  I've been to 180 twice now for the physical but haven't heard anything back yet.  16xx

The canvas letter is an email theyry send you with 2 phone calls (if you miss the first ) before you get called again for medical with them asking you if you still want the job (hence the name canvas) and with some more employment paperwork to fill out if you're still interested.  

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

The canvas letter is an email theyry send you with 2 phone calls (if you miss the first ) before you get called again for medical with them asking you if you still want the job (hence the name canvas) and with some more employment paperwork to fill out if you're still interested.  

Well I guess I'm gonna have to run down there to check if my info is still in their system. I haven't received any calls or emails. I've just been watching the Cival Exam list to make sure I'm being recertified. 

Edited by Shifty225

6 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

Well i just got drafted to work trains so 1 less revenue service operator on the road depending on how much capital construction TA wants to accomplish.

As long as you're in any can you're blessed!  Plus the trash trains don't talk back like revenue. 🤣. Congrats and go play with the vacuum train or something 

7 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

Well i just got drafted to work trains so 1 less revenue service operator on the road depending on how much capital construction TA wants to accomplish.

Is that something they just randomly do? Do you have to apply for it or take a test?

Hey I have a question. I’m confused about salary. The appointment paper says $36.48/hr, but union site says $37.23, and the civil service certification list says $37.05. Why so many discrepancies? What is Train operators salary to start?

12 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Hey I have a question. I’m confused about salary. The appointment paper says $36.48/hr, but union site says $37.23, and the civil service certification list says $37.05. Why so many discrepancies? What is Train operators salary to start?

There's a raise that's supposed to happen in may that's probably why the discrepancies. Our starting rate is 35 something I don't remember. 

27 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Yeah when you're in school car you receive yard pay around 35.59 or something Iike that an hour.

For everybody that's coming in, I'm going to make a book recommendation.

https://www.nyctrackbook.com/

It is an encyclopedia about the system. It's a train buff book so it's more about just getting acquainted with the system if you are interested or are like i was and had no knowledge about it except the price of a fare and where to transfer to the D to get home. It has a lot of info about lines, yards, the trains, etc. Mostly buff stuff and not what u need to get through schoolcar but it'll open up your mind and get your "transit brain" started.

It isn't cheap, but I just came across it and i have been looking at it all weekend and using the maps of the lines to get myself familiar with the B division key areas. 

28 minutes ago, beanz said:

For everybody that's coming in, I'm going to make a book recommendation.

https://www.nyctrackbook.com/

It is an encyclopedia about the system. It's a train buff book so it's more about just getting acquainted with the system if you are interested or are like i was and had no knowledge about it except the price of a fare and where to transfer to the D to get home. It has a lot of info about lines, yards, the trains, etc. Mostly buff stuff and not what u need to get through schoolcar but it'll open up your mind and get your "transit brain" started.

It isn't cheap, but I just came across it and i have been looking at it all weekend and using the maps of the lines to get myself familiar with the B division key areas. 

I can second this I own a copy and it’s absolutely fantastic