MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Natalie said:

Question: is there a lot of highway driving in the 10 day training class?

During my training i did Avery little  highway driving. My supt only took the highway when we were traveling from MCH to the Bronx where we were training for the first couple days. The most important thing to remember is go slow. Driving these buses is unlike anything else I’ve ever driven and I’ve been driving commercially for 8 years. So please go slow. 

16 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

3. Is it possible to switch between MaBSTOA and NYCT if you want to work in SI?

Just to add some more info for 3 and 4 (I already deleted 4 by mistake)

You can do the switch and stay in the same depot but you will lose your seniority. Then when you transfer to SI, you will be at the bottom again.

Like Young said, getting a run to choose is about timing. If you start line training and you will be done in time for a depot or system pick, you will be allowed to pick and thus choose a run.

12 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If I recall correctly, these folks were from the March 16th class, which was the last class before the pandemic, right? Therefore, the class that is going in tomorrow will be the first class in this "new normal," correct?

Good luck to those reporting to Zerega tomorrow for Day Zero!!

Yes, I was apart of the March 16 class but, they had split us up between two groups. People who chose to go on unpaid leave and people who chose to clean buses. The people who went on unpaid leave graduated almost 2 months ago while the people who chose to clean buses just started line training. This new class starting today is the first one since March 16.

1 hour ago, Markito said:

@lornaevo what’s your scheduling been like ? Are you mainly working night shift ? 

Maybe the first couple of weeks were mostly nights. Being on the extra board i would have to pick my work weekly or nightly. So i would ask my Dispatchers for Early Reports (most times they would oblige) so i would start early morning 4,5,6am and clear about 3,4pm. Haven’t been able to get weekends off though. When we did summer picks i was able to pick a run with Mon,Tue,Wed early am and Thu,Fri off and weekends Night work. So at least I get a couple daytime shifts. For the fall pick i was able to pick all day time work. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe it’s my depot. But so far I’ve been okay with the schedule. Nights are very quiet but you do have the occasion idiot driver on the road. 

41 minutes ago, Myrv said:

Hi, my #9** and I should be called for medical this week. I know someone in the #1100’s that’s all scheduled to start on the 30th. 

Wow. So it’s doesn’t go in order. I called and didn’t really get much help besides i have to continue to wait 

1 hour ago, Shayc10 said:

Do you guys have a number to contact MTA because I’m list number 8xx and still haven’t gotten anything back since i sent my paperwork over in July. Kinda of nervous now.

1 minute ago, Shayc10 said:

Wow. So it’s doesn’t go in order. I called and didn’t really get much help besides i have to continue to wait 

Their main phone numbers are (347) 643 8229/8230/8231/8232. If you're still having trouble, have you tried to reach out to Ms. Rivera, their manager?

If you're still unsuccessful, I would invite you to contact Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President for Human Resources. Her contact information is below.

Good luck!! Stay safe and healthy!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Their main phone numbers are (347) 643 8229/8230/8231/8232. If you're still having trouble, have you tried to reach out to Ms. Rivera, their manager?

If you're still unsuccessful, I would invite you to contact Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President for Human Resources. Her contact information is below.

Good luck!! Stay safe and healthy!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Thanks for this 

2 hours ago, Shayc10 said:

Thanks for this 

You're welcome. If you still need another phone number, you can call the Office of the President at (646) 252-5800.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

Hey guys..

I'm a train operator but asking for a friend. Is this list you are all on about to expire? They are taking applications for exam number 1100. How soon will he be hired if he takes that exam? I see u are all still in the process and the filing for 1100 isnt up until august 25th. Does anybody even know when the test might be given?