Bronx Redesign Draft Released

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

Perhaps an express bus to Aqueduct Racetrack will be in the works as part of the Queens Redesign.

Remember QJ Transit with the shifting of off-peak SI express bus service to Watchogue Road and the creation of the SIM35 or what he called "cutting back the X14 to downtown".

43 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Neither is good. However, if I were a better I’d go with 87 before the HRD. The bigger issue is that NYC needs to get on the ball and have the FDR/HRD and the rest of its highways at the state speed limit of 55 since NYS own the highways.

The Max state speed limit is 65. I believe the max city speed limit is 50 however, I think that some highways in NYC could have it's speed limit increased, like the SI Expressway and NY-440.

1 hour ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

On the whole, is the Deegan generally faster than the Harlem River Drive or vice versa?

For the BxM1/2/18, the HRD for sure. The Deegan logjams between Kingsbridge and the Cross Bronx SB in the morning and between the RFK and the Cross Bronx NB in the evening.

The Harlem River Drive typically sails along on the parts the buses use.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:31 PM, Lil 57 said:

BxM4/BxM5: The BxM4 route is one big loss to people along this line. First, they eliminated service along the Concourse because of subway duplication but the people that used the BxM4 over there didn't want to deal with the subway and now being forced to take the subway. Service should still be kept along the Concourse with some peak trips being super express trips that bypass the Concourse. They also cut off-peak service and with the BxM5 not serving Wakefield, Wakefield only has peak service now. The BxM5 should be extended to Wakefield when the BxM4 isn't running at the very least. Not happy with this at all. The BxM5 should be quicker than the BxM11 because it has been moved to a wider street which should increase the speed of the buses.

By that logic, I'm sure there's people along Southern Blvd who don't want to take the subway. Or for that matter, up in High Bridge where their only way to reach Manhattan is to take the local bus to the subway (I would also say Third/Webster Avenue, but technically, some areas have Metro-North service). Just because they had it before shouldn't somehow entitle them to have it forever.

That being said, I do think that Metro-North (and the LIRR for that matter) should have the same fare structure as the express bus. If someone wants to take the MNRR and then a local bus over towards the Grand Concourse, it shouldn't cost them more than taking the express bus.

With the BxM5, I agree that more use should be made of it than where it's proposed to end (Montefiore Hospital). But the first thing I actually thought was that they should send it east along 233rd, since that area has no express bus or subway service (until you get over to the (5) train). To me, it's a toss-up as to whether it should continue to Woodlawn, Wakefield, or head east on 233rd, but ending it at Bronx Blvd is a rather dead-end terminal.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:39 AM, B35 via Church said:

Bx29: I'll miss it going to Co-op, but if it means frontloading a crapton of service on the Bx23, then unfortunately, I have to agree with no longer having the Bx29 act as a supplement past PBP......

Not trying to be funny, but if we're talking about adding a hawk to a service going back & forth b/w City Island & PBP, then the (proposed) Bx24 from Locust Point may as well stop dead at PBP & have this (proposed) Bx29 run over to HMC from PBP full time (incl. overnights) instead.... In other words, have the Bx29 run from City Island to HMC....

Bx33: No routing changes, but removing the Fred. Douglass stop is insignificant, negligible, and downright petty.... Most people I notice on the WB Bx33 disembark at that stop - so much so that you can have it pass for being the actual last "official" WB stop..... Those that need the subway (or, have to take that hike up those steps to get to CCNY & points west), the b/o would/could still drop ppl. off at St. Nich' as a courtesy & what not.....

Bx34: Conceptually, I want to agree with the shift along Webster, but I get the feeling that ridership would noticeably (but not drastically) decrease because of it..... I get the sense that people use the thing at Valentine/Fordham to actually avoid the chaos around Webster/Fordham - and I can't say I blame them... Of course, the drawback is getting stymied along the way (points south of BPB) whenever there's some double parked vehicle, or school bus, or garbage truck or something.... Not fun at all.

Bx42: That routing along Balcom is not possible; it dead ends mid-block b/w Sampson & Miles.... Aside from that, I wouldn't bother with a Westchester Sq. - Throgs Neck route anyway.... May as well run it out to W. Farms Sq. (2)(5).... Down in Throgs Neck, service would either terminate at [Harding/Emerson] & [SUNY Maritime] - with most the service dedicated to the former....

Bx29: Problem is, Country Club fought to get the Bx24 to run to Westchester Square (even when they reverted the Bx5/8, the Bx24 still ran to PBP originally). And then if people from Edgewater Park/Locust Point jump in, the MTA would probably rather not rehash that battle, even if it makes more sense logistically.

Bx33: My observations are/were the opposite. I always saw more people get off at St. Nicholas (and even some of the people at Frederick Douglas would start walking west...most likely only 1 or 2 people actually wanted Frederick Douglas, and the others got off out of impatience). I agree 100% with removing Frederick Douglas. For Madison, I hope they move the 5th Avenue stop to the east side of the street to compensate for the loss of Madison.

Bx34: Back when they were planning out the Bx41 SBS I believe the original plan was to swing it up 204th to Bainbridge to serve the hospital. This was probably a spin-off of that idea (so you still have something coming up Webster from the south that serves Montefiore)

Bx42: They mentioned they would work with NYCDOT (presumably to open up that dead-end). They didn't mention it in the report (might've been an oversight) but there is also a similar issue along 174th with the Bx11 (for the first block, it's one-way eastbound coming from Boston Road)

BTW, they messed up on the elimination of the Bx3 stops (183rd Street...with 2 subway stations further east you would think that would be enough of a clue as to how important of a street it is). They eliminated 180th Street northbound despite being directly across the street from the southbound stop (corresponding stop is now 181st Street northbound), and they eliminate 183rd but keep 2294 University Avenue. 

On 6/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, Lawrence St said:

M125:

Ok, being the southern portion of the Bx15, I would do it like this:

Fordham Plaza to Ft George-193rd St via 125th St, replacing the M101 north of 125th St while the M101 becomes a LTD only route between 6th St and 125th St, terminating where the M103 does now.

Fordham to Fort George via 125th Street....just...no....

On 6/3/2019 at 12:03 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's a service cut plain and simple.  Sure the Bx23 will be beefed up, but the Bx23 is run by (MTA) Bus.  All of the other routes save the Q50 are run by NYCT. Different funding structure in place and they know that.  They are also trying to run down run times to meet their fiscal budget.  Less OT to pay, etc. This is what this is all about. They are trying to say hey you will have more reliable and frequent service, trust us, but for the more "frequent service" on the Bx23, they are cutting the Bx38, Bx30 and a few other lines in the mix. It is a service cut.

I remember reading that the blank check agreement only applied to the service levels that were being operated at the time of the takeover. Additional service would be on them.

Also, with all the talks of NYCT & MTA Bus merging, I'm not sure how much longer that agreement would last.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:41 PM, FLX9304 said:

Here are my thoughts: 

Bx4A/Bx5/Bx27: Since when they named that spot Gladstone Sq? 28 years living in NYC I never saw any routes with “Gladstone Sq” terminus. The routes before them: the Bx5/11/27/35 all used “Southern Blvd-West Farms Rd” as a terminus read. 

Bx8/24: Although it is gonna look like 2010 all over again (the 8 went str8 down) but at least the Bx24 is overnight 

The official name of that park is Benjamin Gladstone Square.

The Bx24 runs overnight, but only between PBP & Hutchinson Metro Center. I doubt they would extend it east past PBP (most likely they would interline it with the Bx29 which would receive overnight service)

4 hours ago, paulrivera said:

First Wallyhorse got the (brownM) and (V) to merge, now you got the BxM18 to go to Hudson Yards (and Inwood) lmao.

I want the Bx12 to run every 90 seconds during rush hour but they never listen to me...

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm serious... I was at Hudson Yards a few weeks ago back on May 22nd at Blue Bottle and I made a post about how there needs to be express bus service over here and all of sudden this comes about. lol

The idea of express bus service to Hudson Yards came about in September when the woman from Staten Island suggested a route that would run up West Street to Hudson Yards. Maybe they figured they'd try it in The Bronx and then let the dust settle on Staten Island before coming back and trying it there.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Remember QJ Transit with the shifting of off-peak SI express bus service to Watchogue Road and the creation of the SIM35 or what he called "cutting back the X14 to downtown".

I'm still shocked they listened to him about making Watchogue the main North Shore corridor.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

The Max state speed limit is 65. I believe the max city speed limit is 50 however, I think that some highways in NYC could have it's speed limit increased, like the SI Expressway and NY-440.

Nice try: I'll give you a breakdown of the speed limit.. Yes, speed limit is 65. However, this is not entirely set in New York State.

55 MPH: Nassau & Suffolk.. (Strictly Enforced by NYS Police and Nassau-Suffolk Highway patrol), NYS Thruway- Yonkers to Exit 15 and I-95 Westchester to New Haven.

50 MPH:  Most NYC Highways* and I-95 in New Haven.

40 MPH: FDR Drive- Downtown to 61 street, than jumps to 50 up to HRD-GWB and JFK Expressway heading towards Rosedale, Five Towns and Far Rockaway.

65 MPH: NYS Thruway- Exit 15 to Albany, Buffalo, Montreal, Toronto and Niagara Falls,

65 MPH: New England- I-95 North of New Haven to Boston coastline.

Sorry for being late on my reply, but here are my thoughts...
Bx4A: I still think sending this to Country Club should've been the case, but, okay I guess, you just have to give the Bx4 an increase in service south of Simpson.
Bx6 +SBS+: I suppose this removes the need for the Bx5 short turn, as well as giving it a connection to the heavily rode Bx27, so this is good.
Bx8: Is this really needed? Someone inform me about the ridership south of Westchester Square.
Bx11: I consider this a decent idea, I feel bad for Highbridge though, they got shafted, but having the 11 replace the Bxturny6 west of Parkchester, is fine with me. 
Bx15: A less crowded terminal, is Mott Haven-136th, turning it at the Hub, will cause delays either way, otherwise, the split is okay in my book.
Bx18: Huh?
Bx22: They FINALLY beef'd up service on this line, but the line is still trash.
Bx23: Co-Op City got destroyed in terms of service, I guess every 3 minutes is a good thing, but Co-Op really likes their services to Norwood, the 5 train and through GH Road, so something that they eliminated for this line, has to be changed.
Bx24: Once again, someone inform me of the ridership south of Country Club. 
Bx26: You should've kept the service to Earhart Lane, and via Bartow Avenue, for direct service. 
Bx28: Same with the 26, but in the west, send it to Norwood, cut through Mosholu, and then down Jerome after Mosh, and terminate at Harris Park. 
Bx30: Yeah, no, not happening, axing both Co-Op and Norwood service, is downright illogical. Co-Op service should be retained at Bay Plaza, send it down Co Op City Boulevard, to the Plaza or even Earhart again. If you want to send it via Boston Road, send it further down to West Farms Square, or Parkchester (which will allow the Bx39 to be some sort of limited).
Bx34: This is one idea that I agree with, to a certain extent. People don't really get on the bus between Bedford and Fordham, so sending it via Webster will give it ridership. BUT, how are you going to actually turn around buses?
Bx35: No. An unpopular opinion that I have, is to send it to the Soundview Terminal, with the 27, as the Limited, with the 27 being extended to either GWB (I know, delays), or Grant Highway.
Bxturny6: Eliminates the very stupid junction at Webster Avenue, so I like the idea, as well as having it be the soul entity of Tremont from East 180th, is a good idea, and adding the limited, will make it better too. I still kinda think that they should extend the bus to Zerega Avenue, but that might cause an uproar.
Bx38: Maybe they should keep this route? Maybe they should short turn it? I don't know, this line, and the elimination of the line is partially confusing. 
Bx40/42: Make the 42 terminate at Boston Road, then talk to me.
Q50: I disagree with this idea, I honestly think that the 50 and 23 should loop around Co-Op, basically how it is now. So the whole of Co-Op City will be the Bx23, and the Q50. Earhart Lane will still be the 26/28/30, just more direct (especially for the 30).
M100: 106th and Broadway.
M125: I called this idea about a year ago, just not like this, Mott Haven, to where the 15 terminates. 
BxM2: Benefits me, probably doesn't benefit a lot other people, I do like the Riverside idea, just doesn't benefit people who live in Northern Riverdale/Work at the Hospital. BUT, I see why they taking everything off of the Major Deegan, because that highway likes having periods. 
BxM4: Every time, even during rush hour, this bus has a MAX of 3 people on it, and from what I've seen, they all get on or off on the northern portion of the line, plus the people in Wakefield get "faster" service?
BxM5/11: I guess....
BxM6: THIS LINE IS ONLY USEFUL WHEN THE 6 ISN'T GOING INTO MANHATTAN. 
BxM8: No ones talking about this, for good reason, nothing to complain about really.
BxM10: Having this replace the BxM6, was a call by me, because I expected something like this. 
BxM17: Looks amazing on paper, but there's going to be a heap of delays on this line. I hate the Bronx portion of the TriBorough, but you might as well send it via the TB, via 2nd/3rd Avenue, first stop is south of 23rd Street. 
BxM18: Have it stop from at least 34th on down, Hudson Yards is supposed to develop into this sensation, so why not have express bus service down there.

Some routes that should've been touched:
Bx1/2: Honestly, limited should be running all day, even at night, buses are still jammed packed. Maybe bring back the Bx1/2 Limited, and Bx1/2 Local? 
Bx3: If you aren't going to change a thing, give this line articulated buses, crowding on this line, especially during weekdays, is bad.
Bx7: Same as Bx3, except that its not only on weekdays.
Bx9: Limited?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (send it to Parkchester too).
Bx12: Should Sedgwick Avenue really be an +SBS+ Stop? No, send the 12 Local to 207th, and see how that works.
Bx19: Same reaction as the Bx9, except for the Parkchester part.
Bx20: Weekdays?
Bx21: Oh man...there's no helping this route...
Bx27: See the Bx35.
Bx39: I see White Plains Road is getting BRT, so maybe limited?
Bx41: Now I'm not gonna lie, this route is wildly inconsistent. Same with the +SBS+, but they are giving it a service increase, why not the local too?
Bx46: To make this route useful, have it as the second local to the Bx6 to at least Yankee Stadium.

My two cents, feel free to emphatically disagree, or agree with me.

10 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

The HRD is a choke point from 125th. It’s a disgrace that this construction has been going on since 2013 and hasn’t fully been complete. The Willis Avenue Bridge was constructed in less than the HRD. 

The HRD has widened a bit. However, I wouldn’t use it as alternative until the construction is complete. 

YGTBFKM.... That construction is STILL going on????? SMH.....

For all the potential that I think the M98 has, it just sucks that HRD is, what it continues to be..... Choke point is right.....

Like you said yesterday, neither is good, but hell, I'd resort to taking local roads over the HRD.... I'd resort to taking the Deegan over the HRD.... If the Deegan was as bad as the HRD, the BxMC4 as is, wouldn't be sustainable as a viable option for anyone for as long as it has.....

10 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Don't even mention the Cross Bronx Parking Lot

fixed that for ya, bud'.....

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:59 AM, checkmatechamp13 said:

Bx15: I think they're counting on that, so in order to maintain a similar frequency as the current Bx15, they figured they would fill up the buses with some M100 riders as well.

Bx18: I agree. If the Bx11 is going to be shifted out of the neighborhood, then service needs to be beefed up on the Bx13. (And the one thing that I also mentioned is that the Bx11 starts earlier and ends later than the Bx13, so they should extend the span of service to match that of the Bx11....or for that matter just go all-in and make the Bx13 a 24/7 route the way it was pre-1995. And the Bx11 should probably be a 24/7 route as well if it's going to replace the Bx36 on 174th Street)

Bx24: When they first proposed the 2010 cuts, the Bx8 was supposed to go across Middletown Road after serving Country Club. They moved it up to PBP because it's an ADA-accessible station (and then when they reverted the Bx5/8 to Bruckner/Crosby respectively and created the Bx24 they maintained it at PBP for that reason)

Bx15: That's what's being overlooked, the way I see it.... For one, there's not going to be this retention... and two, I get the sense that some people believe that the majority of people taking Bx15's to Manhattan are emanating at the Hub, which isn't true... Not to say that there isn't turnover at the Hub, but the masses of ppl. embarking Bx15's well north of the Hub don't come close to tanking at the Hub..... IDC if that connection (Bx15 - "M125") is perfectly seamless for every trip, you are going to get a significant amt. of people to gun for the subway....

Bx11/18: Good points.... I mean, at least make the Bx13 b/w GWB & 161st (4) 24/7....

Something I forgot to mention is that the CW (clockwise) direction of the proposed Bx18 would get too significant an amount of the ridership... Another way of putting that is, Sedgwick is much more dense than Undercliff is & current Bx18 usage illustrates as such.... Lined along Sedgwick along the current stint of the Bx18 are a bunch of apt. bldg.'s, whereas there are more SFR's & 2-family homes along Undercliff.... With the current Bx18, I like the fact that both Undercliff & Sedgwick are served with the same bus (as opposed to having separate buses serving Sedgwick/Undercliff)....

Bx24: *knocks on head*

I keep thinking that Buhre is ADA accessible....

8 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Bx29: Problem is, Country Club fought to get the Bx24 to run to Westchester Square (even when they reverted the Bx5/8, the Bx24 still ran to PBP originally). And then if people from Edgewater Park/Locust Point jump in, the MTA would probably rather not rehash that battle, even if it makes more sense logistically.

Bx33: My observations are/were the opposite. I always saw more people get off at St. Nicholas (and even some of the people at Frederick Douglas would start walking west...most likely only 1 or 2 people actually wanted Frederick Douglas, and the others got off out of impatience). I agree 100% with removing Frederick Douglas. For Madison, I hope they move the 5th Avenue stop to the east side of the street to compensate for the loss of Madison.

Bx34: Back when they were planning out the Bx41 SBS I believe the original plan was to swing it up 204th to Bainbridge to serve the hospital. This was probably a spin-off of that idea (so you still have something coming up Webster from the south that serves Montefiore)

Bx42: They mentioned they would work with NYCDOT (presumably to open up that dead-end). They didn't mention it in the report (might've been an oversight) but there is also a similar issue along 174th with the Bx11 (for the first block, it's one-way eastbound coming from Boston Road)

BTW, they messed up on the elimination of the Bx3 stops (183rd Street...with 2 subway stations further east you would think that would be enough of a clue as to how important of a street it is). They eliminated 180th Street northbound despite being directly across the street from the southbound stop (corresponding stop is now 181st Street northbound), and they eliminate 183rd but keep 2294 University Avenue. 

Bx29: Yeah, that's part of the problem..... Politics.

Bx33: I should have been more specific/less lazy with it, but the part in bold is what I was getting at (I wasn't trying to convey that actual demand for Douglass was greater).... I personally don't see the point in getting rid of that stop, especially enough to be emphatic about it... When the light's red at Fred, Douglass, people tend to be like, oh, f*** it & start walking... I've done it myself; it's a slap in the face to have to wait for a light, when I can walk that 1/2 block in less than a minute.... Maybe petty, but that sort of thing is a peeve of mine.

Only way I'd support getting rid of the Douglass stop, is if the light at that intersection were to removed & placed with stop signs instead (which of course, is a drastic measure & completely unwarranted).... So I'd leave the stop alone.

Bx42: You're not wrong, but there's a difference; a huge one.... If they lifted the dead end regulation (or w/e you wanna call it) from that part of Balcom, it could support bi-directional traffic (IDK why it's dead-ended like that over there, TBH)...... However, if they made 174th bi-directional at Boston (so potential WB/SB traffic could access Boston or Southern), that would be an unsafe 6-way junction for both motorists & peds.....

I'm still shocked they listened to him about making Watchogue the main North Shore corridor.

A broken clock is wrong 22 hours of the day...

The MTA will never know what time it is,

Edited by B35 via Church

Why would you be? I don’t see it as them listening to him. They had that in the works a long time ago when they started gutting express bus service along Forest Avenue.

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Nice try: I'll give you a breakdown of the speed limit.. Yes, speed limit is 65. However, this is not entirely set in New York State.

That's what I was saying, the highest you could go in NYS is 65, however there are areas that have slower speed limits. Like NYC and Long Island.

As a Soundview resident I am definitely happy to see that the Bx6 SBS is being proposed to be extended down Story Avenue. Bx5 service is terrible mostly due to the traffic jam on Bruckner Blvd & Bronx River Avenue. To make matters worst, the moving company Roadway stores their trucks on a lot on Bronx River Avenue & Story Avenue, and their AM operations often block ALL traffic going south and north on Bronx River Avenue. And as if that is NOT enough, when the Bruckner Expwy is jammed, many drivers cut through Story Avenue which creates even more traffic. I've seen traffic from Bronx River Av & Bruckner Blvd be backed up all the way to Boynton Avenue & Story Avenue.

Also - there are two new affordable housing buildings that are slated to open this summer along Story Avenue and two more that are being planned on Story Avenue between Boynton and Morrison Avs. The current Bx5 cannot handle the crowds as it is now, imagine when the new buildings open and the other two are built. 

All of this to say that Story Avenue will definitely benefit from the additional Bx6 SBS service, but DOT MUST figure something out with Bx River Av & Bruckner Blvd in order for this to work.

If there were money somewhere, they should look at a flyover bridge over the Bronx River connecting Lafayette Avenues or connecting Story Avenue to Garrison Avenue avoiding Bruckner Blvd all together.

@Via Garibaldi 8 I'm referring to shifting all of the off-peak service there at the expense of Gannon. They weren't playing around with Gannon beforehand.

@<6>PelhamExp Make sure you submit that as a comment on their website. That's important especially since it'll affect service along 163rd/161st if not addressed

On 6/5/2019 at 12:33 AM, checkmatechamp13 said:
4 hours ago, <6>PelhamExp said:

As a Soundview resident I am definitely happy to see that the Bx6 SBS is being proposed to be extended down Story Avenue. Bx5 service is terrible mostly due to the traffic jam on Bruckner Blvd & Bronx River Avenue. To make matters worst, the moving company Roadway stores their trucks on a lot on Bronx River Avenue & Story Avenue, and their AM operations often block ALL traffic going south and north on Bronx River Avenue. And as if that is NOT enough, when the Bruckner Expwy is jammed, many drivers cut through Story Avenue which creates even more traffic. I've seen traffic from Bronx River Av & Bruckner Blvd be backed up all the way to Boynton Avenue & Story Avenue.

Also - there are two new affordable housing buildings that are slated to open this summer along Story Avenue and two more that are being planned on Story Avenue between Boynton and Morrison Avs. The current Bx5 cannot handle the crowds as it is now, imagine when the new buildings open and the other two are built. 

All of this to say that Story Avenue will definitely benefit from the additional Bx6 SBS service, but DOT MUST figure something out with Bx River Av & Bruckner Blvd in order for this to work.

If there were money somewhere, they should look at a flyover bridge over the Bronx River connecting Lafayette Avenues or connecting Story Avenue to Garrison Avenue avoiding Bruckner Blvd all together.

A bus only/pedestrian/bike bridge should be built for Lafayette Ave over the Bronx River. Run the Bx5 and SBS Bx6 along Lafayette Ave across the whole peninsula (make a two-lane bus only road through the narrow section of Soundview Park between Morrison/Metcalf Avenues). This is a better route but the bridge would cost some change (but long needed).

Alternatively replace the Bruckner Blvd drawbridge and the one going over the rails with an bus only lane westbound.

Makes a lot of sense to extend the SBS Bx6 to Soundview/Castle Hill though. Lots of new, very large buildings going up in those areas.

15 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

I would have said that Bronx needs some high number routes past the Bx46

Once they eliminated the Bx55. SMH. The current proposal could of reinstate the 55 from The hub to Fordham Plaza. Have the 15 go to Manhattanville keeping all work to West Farms and Kingsbridge. 

West Farms = Bx15

Kingsbridge = Bx55

16 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Once they eliminated the Bx55. SMH. The current proposal could of reinstate the 55 from The hub to Fordham Plaza. Have the 15 go to Manhattanville keeping all work to West Farms and Kingsbridge. 

West Farms = Bx15

Kingsbridge = Bx55

Don't they do that already internally, kinda sorta?

On 6/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, Brillant93 said:

I don’t think M25 would work with how Manhattan bus routes are numbered. Majority of their routes are numbered based off the streets they run on like M14, M23, M34, M42, and so on. M125 makes much more sense. 

Hell. I say just bring the damn Bx55 back and in stead of calling the the M125, just leave it as the Bx15.   Smh. Transit always doing something weird.  I do say the Bx11 change could be a lot of help to the Bx36. 

I can see what the MTA is doing. Shortening routes. I'm a Co-op City resident and based on these changes, the MTA wants commuters to make more transfers which would require some to pay a second fare. For example: Instead of Bus-to-Subway transfer some commuters will have to do Bus-to-Bus and then a second fare onto the subway. Sneaky way to make more money.

42 minutes ago, sovetskii52 said:

I can see what the MTA is doing. Shortening routes. I'm a Co-op City resident and based on these changes, the MTA wants commuters to make more transfers which would require some to pay a second fare. For example: Instead of Bus-to-Subway transfer some commuters will have to do Bus-to-Bus and then a second fare onto the subway. Sneaky way to make more money.

Maybe Co-op City should demand a 3-leg transfer.

11 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Or make it free, along with any select routes in the damn borough. Not that damn hard to do, right?

Making every Select route free would be a waste of money. It would also be a burden on top of the current fare beating crisis.

3 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Making every Select route free would be a waste of money. It would also be a burden on top of the current fare beating crisis.

I didn’t not mean every Select Bus route. I meant make a select few routes free, such as the Q70, Bx23, etc.

Edited by JeremiahC99

Just now, JeremiahC99 said:

I didn’t not mean Select Bus route. I mean make a select few routes free, such as the Q70, Bx23, etc.

The Q70 is free for times where people will rush to get out the city, the Bx23 though.........

NOT HAPPENING.

3 minutes ago, NBTA said:

The Q70 is free for times where people will rush to get out the city, the Bx23 though.........

NOT HAPPENING.

Not even as a lovely shuttle around Co-op City with outer routes meeting up with the Bx23 at various places? Because with the current plan for the Bx23, Bx26, Bx28/38, Bx29, and Q50, they could use a free ride.

However, a three-legged transfer does sounds like a good compromise for them (I could use one of those).

5 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Not even as a lovely shuttle around Co-op City with outer routes meeting up with the Bx23 at various places? Because with the current plan for the Bx23, Bx26, Bx28/38, Bx29, and Q50, they could use a free ride.

However, a three-legged transfer does sounds like a good compromise for them (I could use one of those).

Three-Legged, yes, free, do you really think that the MTA will go for something to be free for as long as it runs?