MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

801 is gone? damn, that was a great bus.

I never said that it was gone. I'm selling a slide I took of it when it was brand-new and the only one of it's kind on the property at the time posed next to the TA Museum's 1956 Mack #6259 at Gleason Depot.

I sell numerous bus, subway, and railroad slides on ebay. I currently have quite a few Blitz fishbowl slides for sale as well as some 1977 Flxibles, 1981-82 RTS buses and New-Flyer artics.

My ebay ID is nhrrlives.

This just in: there are 3 new arrivals at the LGA depot. They are from ECH storage. Yes I know I mentioned a while back that all those RTSs were done for. However, as you guys know the MTA makes a change at a seconds notice. The #s are to be posted later. Also there will be 2 more to arrive to LGA as well Im not sure when. They are also going to come from ECH storage: again #s to come later.

Oops, I forgot 9325 LGA to ECH scrap. Bad bulkheads.

This just in: there are 3 new arrivals at the LGA depot. They are from ECH storage. Yes I know I mentioned a while back that all those RTSs were done for. However, as you guys know the MTA makes a change at a seconds notice. The #s are to be posted later. Also there will be 2 more to arrive to LGA as well Im not sure when. They are also going to come from ECH storage: again #s to come later.

Oops, I forgot 9325 LGA to ECH scrap. Bad bulkheads.

That bus was never really my favorite but it ran good @ ulmer park . I remember riding that one on the express line , 9335 will always be my favorite one . That one is done for too , its sitting @ east chester .

Ok as promised here are the #s for the 1 st 3 new arrivals: They are 8838, 8844, and 9233. When the other 2 arrive I will post the #s.

9233? woww i thought they scrapped that one , that one was sitting in east chester for a while now .

I was shocked to hear those #s as well. Some words of advice ppl, this may be the end of the ex Bees......So for those of you who haven't ridden them, go for it.

Let's not forget there is still a bad batch of buses at LGA, so that probably explains those transfers. I'm pretty sure the ex-bees and the 1996 RTS buses will retire around the same time.

looks like those 5900's are going, The last one I saw was around 1am on the Q8 in the 165th st terminal

About time. I don't care how old the RTSs and how bad the ex-BLs are, the 5900s really need to go first. They were terrible under GL and they are probably still horrible now. Put those buses out of their misery.

I *think* the game plan *might* have the 1996 RTS repalcing the Bees. LGAs batch of Bees are from 1995. They are actually older than the MTAs 1996 Novas. * Im not 100% on this either that or LGA just happened to need more buses*

The only way we will know for sure that the ex-bees and the 1996 novas would retire for good is that the MTA makes an order of new buses for NYCT Bus to push the 1997-98 batch of Novas to MTA Bus, or if they make a new batch order for MTA Bus that is the equivalent size of the remaining novas and ex-bees.

I *think* the game plan *might* have the 1996 RTS repalcing the Bees. LGAs batch of Bees are from 1995. They are actually older than the MTAs 1996 Novas. * Im not 100% on this either that or LGA just happened to need more buses*

For most of their service lives, though, the ex-Bee Line O5's were not pushed as hard up in Westchester than the RTS's were in the city.