MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the name of the private bus company the had routes on 1st and 2nd Aves. and along 14th st among others  in Manhattan? I believe this company existed till about 1980 until becoming apart of MABSTOA.   Pictures?  Something like the Essex St and Ave B Transit ?     Dom

Oh I know they are gone.I was questioning his point that they would be missed...

B1 and B64 riders are most likely saying good riddance...

I still remember when they had the old RTS express bus style seats on the B64 and B4... Almost got stuck in the butt with a nail or something... Worn out seats. lol

Oh I know they are gone.I was questioning his point that they would be missed...

B1 and B64 riders are most likely saying good riddance...

Although, in retrospect, I will miss 9572 because my dad's cousin used to drive that bus all the time before he passed away suddenly because of a heart attack, 5 years ago. At the funeral,they had a nice picture of him with that bus...

Did some fanning of Queens Village routes yesterday on the look out for 8400s and I couldn't find any yet... Guessing my timing was off

But I did run into a bunch of Jamaica 8400s tho

They were out in full force yesterday evening rush hour

They did pretty much arrive like yesterday, so I'd say give it a week. But then again the KB LFS' did hit service within two days of arriving at the depot, so...

Although, in retrospect, I will miss 9572 because my dad's cousin used to drive that bus all the time before he passed away suddenly because of a heart attack, 5 years ago. At the funeral,they had a nice picture of him with that bus...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. May he rest in peace.

As for 9572, That bus is still around. It is running at Maspeth (GA) now. I catch it all the time on the B57/B62. I was always hoping that the 95/96xxs would come to GA and displace the many 94xxs that they have. Nice to know that has finally become a reality.

Also, I do believe that I saw the 8483 on the Q36 last night. I could be off, though.

Edited by Micstromme