MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kingsbridge buses in Manhattan. Now this gets very interesting, and trust me those buses and any KB bus that comes into Manhattan will get rehabbed. PS: Aint quill due for more 59xx buses within the next week or so?

Not the first time they've made a visit. I think sometime back in 2010, 5255-5257 were at Quill and 126.

All in all, glad to see some of those buses in the city. Hope to see them soon.

Not the first time they've made a visit. I think sometime back in 2010, 5255-5257 were at Quill and 126.

Yep, I remember riding 5255-5257 on the M15 a long time ago.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

Yes, I do remember 5255 in Manhattan. I think 5263 and 5268 are still at 126 unless left and returned back to sender (KB)

5462 and 5471 at MJQ on the M14D today

I wanna see one of these!!! Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Well, these moves have thrown me.

3893 running at Quill as reported, and 5234 / 5236 at Mannyville. Those RTSes are both currently on the M2, funny seeing a TwinVison reading M2 Limited.

Wow, I gotta check that out. MV was all O7.

I thought it was there a long time ago.

Negative, 8991 went from ECH straight to Zerega for the "program" on or about 7/31. I picked it up Wednesday @ 1539hrs. and arrived at LGA @ 1601hrs. It was reassigned to LGA while it was being worked @ Zerega, but it didn't arrive until I picked it up on wenesday.

Negative, 8991 went from ECH straight to Zerega for the "program" on or about 7/31. I picked it up Wednesday @ 1539hrs. and arrived at LGA @ 1601hrs. It was reassigned to LGA while it was being worked @ Zerega, but it didn't arrive until I picked it up on wenesday.

Anything else in the over haul program?

Anything else in the over haul program?

Currently @Zerega 8809,8881,8907,8933,9002,9073,9114,9163,9188,9200,9240,9259,9310 @Grand 8838,9010. @ENY for engine swap 8873. They are adding bus to the program on a one-by-one basis as needed in addition to the first 160, 30 were added for a total of 190 and now added as needed.

So forgive my ignorance here, but these buses come out of the program with any mechanical faults fixed, a new engine if necessary, and then the Grand Avenue buses get a new coat of paint as well?

i would think that they only get a new engine if needed being that they only want them for 2 more years. most of the buses should only be getting wheelchair lift and bulkhead work. maybe suspension and brakes too. I'll ask around when I'm at Zerega tomorrow

So forgive my ignorance here, but these buses come out of the program with any mechanical faults fixed, a new engine if necessary, and then the Grand Avenue buses get a new coat of paint as well?

There are 81 items in the scope of the program, if the bus is a program bus it will get a replacemnet powertrain if needed and if has a bad trans. they will replace the trans. Some mech. issues are in the scope, some aren't e.g. a/c is not in the scope, but 9010 is having it's condensor coil replaced @ Grand.