MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard in the winter the Q43 might also go to CP

Has to be joking....Q43 is NYCT one, and two coming from CP is a serious Deadhead.. If it was to go to any MTAB depot BP would make more sense. 

LGA's problem is one reason why NYCT/MTAB merger needs to hurry the hell up... Routes need to be reassigned to Balance out the loads the depots carry. You have on  one end depots like LGA, CS, GH, CP carrying an Overload of Routes, then on the other you have SC, EC, BP, FR, that have capacity to handle more or either be consolidated. 

What CT1660 and others were saying wasn't bullshit, its a legit possibility.

Woah.I never heard that!

Has to be joking....Q43 is NYCT one, and two coming from CP is a serious Deadhead.. If it was to go to any MTAB depot BP would make more sense.

LGA's problem is one reason why NYCT/MTAB merger needs to hurry the hell up... Routes need to be reassigned to Balance out the loads the depots carry. You have on one end depots like LGA, CS, GH, CP carrying an Overload of Routes, then on the other you have SC, EC, BP, FR, that have capacity to handle more or either be consolidated.

Its just sarcasm.

According to sources I know, It's in preparation of CP getting the Q29 and the Q72 beginning on Sunday..plans are subject to change though at the last minute.

How can that be?  A new pick is not going into effect.  What about the b/o's?  You just can't tell them to report to another depot within a pick.  That's a seniority violation.

it was mentioned earlier in the thread that they would be moved to CP to give relief to LGA PER CT1660

Again, it can't happen within a pick.

Now if it happens in the new September pick, well yes.

Heard from who?  Utter nonsense. Will not happen.  UTU now on the Q43, TWU at College Point.  That is a contract grievance for both unions.  Seniority violations.  The Q43 is a NYCT route.  You can't have NYCT routes and MTA Bus routes swapping or giving away.  These are different companies, drivers, contracts, seniority rosters............... 

I ment Q53 guys, my phone has Q43 saved so it auto correct it to Q43 by mistake, so ignore the Q43, its Q53

They were talking about having the Q53 and Q72 at CP for an exchange for the whole Q64 route (going to LGA)

Now that could make sense, but it would mean a longer d/h from College Point to Woodside, vs. Jax Hts. to Woodside. 

Now that could make sense, but it would mean a longer d/h from College Point to Woodside, vs. Jax Hts. to Woodside. 

Plus the Q72..........it's a hop, skip and a jump from the depot to the route.

It may make sense for the Q72 to go to College Point---IF---run-ons and run-offs are shifted to the Rego Park end, so that Horace Harding Boulevard and the Van Wyck Expressway comprise the deadhead route. As for what other route it would make sense to transfer to College Point if a route has to leave---I will say the Q18. Here, once again, run-ons and run-offs would shift to the Maspeth end of the route. The deadhead time is about the same (about 2 minutes' difference in time), using the LIE and the Van Wyck. The Q38 already uses this deadhead from the Rego Park end.

For the Q72, the deadhead from 63 Drive/Rego Park to/from College Point is about 10 minutes or so.

Edited by aemoreira81

I also heard that the Q29 and Q72 will be transferred temporarily for about 6 months because LGA is knocking down half of their building to include a bus wash and a cleaner interior but the union is against the idea of transferring the routes and transferring them back after a temporary amount of time, I'm not sure about it but a LGA worker said that

I also heard that the Q29 and Q72 will be transferred temporarily for about 6 months because LGA is knocking down half of their building to include a bus wash and a cleaner interior but the union is against the idea of transferring the routes and transferring them back after a temporary amount of time, I'm not sure about it but a LGA worker said that

The union should have said something when they took the Q67,100,101/102/103&104 from CP if this does happens CP will get more buses I wonder what buses they'll get

They should sent the Q53 to JFK or FR since they want to lose some routes.

They CAN'T. LGA/CP and JFK/FR are different unions dating back to the PBL days, routes can't be moved between MTAB depots with different unions.

Orion is right, the Q53 can't be sent to far rockaway or jfk cause of the unions, lf im not mistaken the q32 split between mjq and Cs edned cause some union raised a ruckus about it

I knew that one day the the Q29 and Q72 will move to CP I was just thinking about it a few days ago. What will LGA get in return the Q64?

The Q29 and Q72 are not base out of CP, what it is that LGA are short on buses as always, so they have runs base out of LGA  where the drivers have to pick up and drop off the bus to and from CP.