MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

On a side note, transfers will tend to get quite crazy over the next 24+ months.

Just giving everyone a heads up that when you start so see strange off the wall transfers, expect it.

Are we talking strange transfers from Staten Island to Brooklyn/Manhattan and possibly The Bronx to Brooklyn and vice versa with certain equipment.

Honestly, I really hope this LFSA and XD60 maintenance thing really works. I'm still a bit under the fence on how this will work effectively. A little more clarity needed and as always ENY. Thank You for the updates.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noting that 6402 is back in service having been converted to a lead acid battery like the rest of the OG series. I'll check up on 6401's status.

Wait what!? Damn....

I saw 6401 last week on the M96, hopefully it doesnt get switched soon.

Wait what!? Damn....

What's the difference between the lead acid batteries than the one the OG's used to have?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

What's the difference between the lead acid batteries than the one the OG's used to have?

I think the Lithium Ion batteries give more power and in turn are supposed to last longer than the lead acid ones (which is why the lead acid NGs are in Manhattan now). I'm not 100 percent on that though. 

I think the Lithium Ion batteries give more power and in turn are supposed to last longer than the lead acid ones (which is why the lead acid NGs are in Manhattan now). I'm not 100 percent on that though.

So... the OG's are getting those instead of the lithium ion batteries?

So... the OG's are getting those instead of the lithium ion batteries?

No. The buses that were mentioned above (6401 (well had) and 6402) have the Lithium batteries now. 6401 had its changed to the regular batteries you see on most of the OGs now. 

OG with Lithium battery pack

Edited by Jdog14

No. The buses that were mentioned above (6401 (well had) and 6402) have the Lithium batteries now. 6401 had its changed to the regular batteries you see on most of the OGs now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T44obwROr4

OG with Lithium battery pack

Oh ok I see now thanks for the info.

Wait what!? Damn....

Weird, right? Just saw it today, even has a sort of bootleg latch setup for the new covers to the lead acid. Gotta check it out more closely. 

Other way round, 6402's got the regular ones.

Weird, right? Just saw it today, even has a sort of bootleg latch setup for the new covers to the lead acid. Gotta check it out more closely. 

Ooops guess I should have scrolled up to be clear lol

I just saw it today myself, looks quite funky on top.