MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Cait said to keep this thread about depot moves, but I'm curious Why is WF giving away their D60HFs? I mean I know they're getting XN40s and are poised to get XN60s in the near future, but doesn't it seem a bit premature to push out some of their D60s?

If i'm not mistaken, some of their artics were covering for OOS Orion 7s, so now that there's a good amount of XN40s delivered, they may not need as many.

Do you guys have any idea if for the SBS 79

MQ will be wrapping their current Novas? Or will they keep them as is, and push out the D60s ?

If it was answered already please forgive me. Thought about it today because I noticed a lot of wrapped buses on 79 St today.

Do you guys have any idea if for the SBS 79

MQ will be wrapping their current Novas? Or will they keep them as is, and push out the D60s ?

If it was answered already please forgive me. Thought about it today because I noticed a lot of wrapped buses on 79 St today.

The arrival of Stengel's Novas will be enough for the M79 SBS.

This could of been asked at the random thoughts page though.

The arrival of Stengel's Novas will be enough for the M79 SBS.

This could of been asked at the random thoughts page though.

It's fine here, since it's kinda relevant to the discussion.

It's just the super-off topic shit that needs to go there.

It has no business being on the B103. Too old, all of them should be restricted to the B100. Sorry to butt hurt those who want them there just for pics. I refuse to believe a NF was not available.

A lot of the C40's are out for their repaints and overhauls just like at College Point. Spring Creek have them just so they could stop borrowing from JFK. It's only 5 Orions so it's nothing to loose sleep over.

It has no business being on the B103.  Too old, all of them should be restricted to the B100.  Sorry to butt hurt those who want them there just for pics.  I refuse to believe a NF was not available.

Agreed. I don't understand why they need to borrow from anybody in the first place. They have buses from 2012, so what gives? Why are they so short when they only have two local bus lines?

Agreed. I don't understand why they need to borrow from anybody in the first place. They have buses from 2012, so what gives? Why are they so short when they only have two local bus lines?

A lot of those units are out for overhauls and repaints, hence why the 5 older units were brought in temporarily. They could of just borrowed some from College Point, but they're also short on units for the same reason.

A lot of those units are out for overhauls and repaints, hence why the 5 older units were brought in temporarily. They could of just borrowed some from College Point, but they're also short on units for the same reason.

Didn't SC send some units to CP as well?

I think it would have been easier for SC to take them than CP (for many reason, including being able to operate Orion VII's and CNG units. Additionally, most of CP's local routes are "heavy" routes either in length, ridership, or both (i.e: Q23, Q25/34, Q66, etc.).

Didn't SC send some units to CP as well?

I think it would have been easier for SC to take them than CP (for many reason, including being able to operate Orion VII's and CNG units. Additionally, most of CP's local routes are "heavy" routes either in length, ridership, or both (i.e: Q23, Q25/34, Q66, etc.).

As in C40's, yes: 522-525 are usually rotated whenever the new pick starts

A lot of the C40's are out for their repaints and overhauls just like at College Point. Spring Creek have them just so they could stop borrowing from JFK. It's only 5 Orions so it's nothing to loose sleep over.

In that case the Orion VII CNG's should have been temporarily sent to CP, with SC borrowing some NF's from CP.  The B103 is too long a line.