MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

With the new Novas incoming at some point, there's a chance they might not come back.

When’s the first delivery for the novas?  

Plus why buses are going to CS. They can’t be that short. They are becoming another MJQ if u ask me (just thru observation). 

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

When’s the first delivery for the novas?  

Plus why buses are going to CS. They can’t be that short. They are becoming another MJQ if u ask me (just thru observation). 

51 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Until those LFS’ come in (which we have no info about), YU will most likely get them back as they will be needed for school trippers.

Just a reminder fellas, check the first page of Fleet & Depots now and then because many of the questions you all ask and have been asking are already posted. I.e, the LFSA assignments have actually been posted for almost 2 months now and the LFS pilots will be pending audit soon. The first 2 are already built IIRC. Another example I noted was people not knowing about 0023. (Which is scheduled to operate out of UP tomorrow) Its been posted for quite a while as well. 

Hybrids going to Bus Company was a bit more obscure, but It was also posted as to how many were going each year starting this summer.

I have also noticed that many questions being asked have been answered many times over. This is why I want to start restricting posts in this thread along with the Fleet & Depots thread. There's too many unnecessary discussions that push important information out of view, which in turn makes people ask the same questions over and over again. 

Again this is just a reminder to all to look around here and there. Sometimes updates are made without a major post about it.

14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Facility update:

XD40: 7671, 7678, 7680

XN60: 1021, 1080, 1082

You should tread lightly... That's restricted area over there.

1 minute ago, East New York said:

Just a reminder fellas, check the first page of Fleet & Depots now and then because many of the questions you all ask and have been asking are already posted. I.e, the LFSA assignments have actually been posted for almost 2 months now and the LFS pilots will be pending audit soon. The first 2 are already built IIRC. Another example I noted was people not knowing about 0023. (Which is scheduled to operate out of UP tomorrow) Its been posted for quite a while as well. 

Hybrids going to Bus Company was a bit more obscure, but It was also posted as to how many were going each year starting this summer.

I have also noticed that many questions being asked have been answered many times over. This is why I want to start restricting posts in this thread along with the Fleet & Depots thread. There's too many unnecessary discussions that push important information out of view, which in turn makes people ask the same questions over and over again. 

Again this is just a reminder to all to look around here and there. Sometimes updates are made without a major post about it.

You should tread lightly... That's restricted area over there.

Yes sir.. Only saw the buses during passing as I do work in the area. However, yes duly noted!

1 hour ago, newflyerlover said:

Was the bx6 route adjusted to accommodate the artics??

Yeah, the WF XN60's are now doing BX-6 SBS work. The XN40's are being phased out of SBS service, and in the process of being un-wrapped. #726 was seen on the BX-31 with SBS wrapping

1 hour ago, MTABusFan925 said:

Yeah, the WF XN60's are now doing BX-6 SBS work. The XN40's are being phased out of SBS service, and in the process of being un-wrapped. #726 was seen on the BX-31 with SBS wrapping

I'm guessing you mean without SBS wrapping?

11 hours ago, MTABusFan925 said:

Not un-wrapped....they're getting wrapped in the local scheme. The base color of the SBS scheme is paint.

Edited by Cait Sith

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Not un-wrapped....they're getting wrapped in the local scheme. The base color of the SBS scheme is paint.

Actually no, with the XN40s they have the local scheme as the base, and the SBS scheme is the wrap. Since those were planned on being removed from SBS, they put whatever is gonna be the final look underneath. 

My thing is, with the XD60s, they had a full SBS paint scheme under the local wrap, with the painted stripes, how come they couldn’t paint the local schemes stripes under the SBS wrap on the XN40s? Now with WF removing the SBS scheme, you have the blue paint with no stripes. 

On 6/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, East New York said:

Actually fleet plans call for Bus to have 25 RTS through 2019. I haven't checked to see if it changed yet. 

Its changed. They're bringing in Orion VII Hybrid Gen-IIs to displace the RTSs.

22 hours ago, newflyerlover said:

Was the bx6 route adjusted to accommodate the artics??

As was said before, the Union was battling the MTA over Artics being put on the Bx6SBS. Now since the summer schedule has started......