SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... As I was on my way to 34th-Penn to catch NJT I told my cousin that we should take the A because its faster.. But was really so I can see the C, and ofcourse as I go down the stairs to the platform a C is leaving to foto 174& return to 168. Pics will be up later.. It looks a nice change from the R32s.. I won't last long ._. :/

for the (Q) train construction, is the (B) running normal? or its affected

Based on the other thread, I think it's going to run local after Kings Highway then change back to the express tracks to by pass the stops.

No, but it might run with delays at times.

Somebody really fcked up on the 7 train yesterday. They're doing a ton of work over at Shea and the area for the All-Star game, so all Manhattan-bound service ran on the middle track out of Willets for the day. The Manhattan-bound platform was shut off completely with a ton of workers, and for a while it all worked. Then, right as I'm going to get my train, some dispatcher starts sending Manhattan-bound trains on the Manhattan track, which is filled with workers and the platform's completely shut, so anybody getting off is in a restricted area. After about three trains it was clear nobody was gonna fix this, so all of us had to run from the middle platform underneath through the work zone just to get the train. Good job, MTA. 

What exactly is 76 Street? Ive seen posts around the forums talking about it and stuff, but Im really confused as to what it actually is. Could anyone shed some light?

Think of it as the Cambodia of the NYC subway system...

Edited by MHV9218

What exactly is 76 Street? Ive seen posts around the forums talking about it and stuff, but Im really confused as to what it actually is. Could anyone shed some light?

76th Street is supposedly a local station that exists on the IND Fulton, east of Euclid Ave. Why "supposedly"? Because there are no photos of the actual station. But there are photos that might suggest that it could exist, such as an electric board that shows the station, a cinderblock wall that serves as a dead end, and signals that face the wrong way (it faces the cinderblock wall). There's also people who claim to have seen what's behind the cinderblock wall - a ROW with no tracks as well as the station, built with blue band tiles and tiles saying "76 St". All this fuels the rumor of the possibility of a 76th Street Station, but none of this is solid proof that it exists. Until someone can figure out how to remove all the dirt behind the wall, chances are that the existence of this station will remain a mystery.

Here's a track map from nycsubway.org showing the area east of Euclid Av, where the four tracks run northeast to a dead end.

Yesterday's ride home on the (3) in the first car of the train, an elderly man and a young woman were arguing. The young woman stepped on the old guy's foot and she apologizes. But the guy just looked at her in the eye and the woman felt as if she was going to be attacked so she started cursing the living hell out of him and now she stated that she did it on purpose. The argument continued until Franklin where the train became very crowded with Jewis folks who got off at Kingston. That was it.

76th Street is supposedly a local station that exists on the IND Fulton, east of Euclid Ave. Why "supposedly"? Because there are no photos of the actual station. But there are photos that might suggest that it could exist, such as an electric board that shows the station, a cinderblock wall that serves as a dead end, and signals that face the wrong way (it faces the cinderblock wall). There's also people who claim to have seen what's behind the cinderblock wall - a ROW with no tracks as well as the station, built with blue band tiles and tiles saying "76 St". All this fuels the rumor of the possibility of a 76th Street Station, but none of this is solid proof that it exists. Until someone can figure out how to remove all the dirt behind the wall, chances are that the existence of this station will remain a mystery.

Here's a track map from nycsubway.org showing the area east of Euclid Av, where the four tracks run northeast to a dead end.

Thanks for the explanation.