SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither do I, but it is a ''Random Thoughts'' thread and I was merely giving an observation. I doubt anyone has the capabilities or balls to make one, though.

You must be living under a rock to make that observation.

Idk if this is true, but I just heard that the city is gonna shut the power down at 8 tonight?...

Sources on this? Didn't hear this at my job.

I know that this might sound extremely speculative, but is the TA planning to run the TOMC on the (7) anytime in April to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the '64 World's Fair?  

Thanks in advance!

I am pretty sure that the Answer is yes. The proof is a few pages back.

Had 3925 on my (C) home tonight. That's the one with cranks on the rollsigns. Signs were all messed up, so I had an excuse to turn those cranks back to the (C) 's terminals without technically breaking the rules. Might have left them as the <C>, but close enough... 

3740's signs are still set for the (A), btw. 

Edited by MHV9218

Had 3925 on my (C) home tonight. That's the one with cranks on the rollsigns. Signs were all messed up, so I had an excuse to turn those cranks back to the (C) 's terminals without technically breaking the rules. Might have left them as the <C>, but close enough... 

3740's signs are still set for the (A), btw. 

I also saw this on the C today.

1012887_10154043532905294_1767380285_n.j

Just like a few years back a few cars on a (D) train at Coney Island were signed up as (F) .

I've also seen actual movie shoots, such as the one they were doing on track 4 in Grand Central on the Shuttle. The rollsign had a sticker over it as if it was an R68 rollsign signed up as (D) .

(Q) Brighton Express to Coney Island run time from Canal Street to Coney Island: less than 35 minutes.

This kind of service is sorely needed. I speak for anyone who has missed a (B) at Brighton Beach or ridden a (B) to Brighton Beach only to see a (Q) leave Sheepshead Bay (and then Brighton Beach) without making any connection. The express is supposed to save time, but it doesn't unless it takes the people traveling the furthest to the furthest station directly.

I was able to take the (J) full Broadway Express.yesterday:

Canal St to Broadway Junction took 20 mins

Canal Street to Jamaica Center 45 Mins.

Well, in another thread it was explained that express service isn't actually meant to save time.

It was always meant to simply alleviate crowding without having to run more local service.

I think the original intention of express service/tracks was for "rapid transit" as it was the IRT that started it all.