SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all the variaton of codes on the R46s!

Often I see three different codes on one train. Yesterday at 71 Av in a video I caught an R46 R train with the normal sign to Whitehall St, then there was an N to Canal St Broadway Local one, then there was a last stop one. Also yesterday I was on an R train with two codes with one of them a slight variation one said Whitehall St, one said To Whitehall St

Snowblock, I know you are busy, but if you have a chance and if you are able to may you scan a few pages of the book of codes. Thanks.

Edited by Union Tpke

I love all the variaton of codes on the R46s!

Often I see three different codes on one train. Yesterday at 71 Av in a video I caught an R46 R train with the normal sign to Whitehall St, then there was an N to Canal St Broadway Local one, then there was a last stop one. Also yesterday I was on an R train with two codes with one of them a slight variation one said Whitehall St, one said To Whitehall St

Snowblock, I know you are busy, but if you have a chance and if you are able to may you scan a few pages of the book of codes. Thanks.

While I'm not Snowblock, and since I'm in a good mood, I'm going to upload this. Don't ask me where I found this. I downloaded this a few years ago and I don't recall from where or who.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f8f8m9w87hfgni1/R46+Code+List+%282005%29.xlsx

Yes, the codes are missing; that's intentional for reasons that should be obvious.

While I'm not Snowblock, and since I'm in a good mood, I'm going to upload this. Don't ask me where I found this. I downloaded this a few years ago and I don't recall from where or who.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f8f8m9w87hfgni1/R46+Code+List+%282005%29.xlsx

Yes, the codes are missing; that's intentional for reasons that should be obviou

thanks Lance and the reason is to stop pesky railfans!

Also are there any new codes?

Edited by Union Tpke

All of the ex-Broadway singles on the (7) kept their red stickers. 1917-1918 never received LED lights.

So, the other car at 11:30 could have been #1918 then, huh? Or what is the chance of finding the same car from the morning.

@MTA Dude the Quincy thing is what happens when an N switches to run as a Q train from Astoria the FIND may glitch and still think its running back as a Nancy

Wait, trains switch at Astoria?

Speaking of R142A and the (6)...

The folks at Westchester take off one of the metal bars of the advertisement frames, to their own ease of taking them out. I'm wondering if they put it back on during conversion... because from what I know the advertisement frames on the R188 (78xx/79xx) are like a door, they swing open. (One difference....)

Just saying... if they can change the lights of R160 8687-8683 (somewhere near that, it might even be a different 5 car set for all I know) into a newer blue lighting, I think they can change the lights on the conversions... The 142A on the (6) are vandalized so much.. and I hope they clean some of it off because I don't want that garbage on the (7), even R62A's have less vandalism and have a better looking interior than some of the R142A....

Speaking of R142A and the (6)...

The folks at Westchester take off one of the metal bars of the advertisement frames, to their own ease of taking them out. I'm wondering if they put it back on during conversion... because from what I know the advertisement frames on the R188 (78xx/79xx) are like a door, they swing open. (One difference....)

Just saying... if they can change the lights of R160 8687-8683 (somewhere near that, it might even be a different 5 car set for all I know) into a newer blue lighting, I think they can change the lights on the conversions... The 142A on the (6) are vandalized so much.. and I hope they clean some of it off because I don't want that garbage on the (7), even R62A's have less vandalism and have a better looking interior than some of the R142A....

Sad to say but Westchester Yard Aren't cleaning or maintaining them really , they infact don't even care about the R142A's or what happens to them since they know it wont be their problem , it will be Flushing's and whatever R142A's remain will be Jeromes problem . Westchester yard are keeping their focus on maintaining their R62As... remember the R62As have to be clean at all times since it's not a New Tech on Lexington (no need to explain further lol ) also cause the (6) is the line that most people use. Corona might give them a small cleaning but that's about it , wouldn't be anything big.

Edited by R62AR33

I don't put company documents online. If you get hired here, you can download it from TENS.

@MTA Dude yeah depending on the needs of the schedule, Idk if snowblock can confirm this but the Q trains that short turn at 57-7 ave are usually put in as N's because thats what it looks like

No, those are actually (N) trains with (N) crews. A couple of them short turn at 57-7 during rush hour, and they run express in Manhattan but they're still Sea Beach in Brooklyn.