SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These kids are beyond retarded for all the dumb shit they have been doing in the subway. Even a couple of weeks back, three idiotic kids surfed onto the back of an uptown (3) train (not the (2) train, as the News incorrectly said) at 96 St when it began leaving the station.

2 different unrelated things.

I rode the entirety of the (A) / (C), but...

Sometime around 1 pm something, I had to exit 207 St to find a restaurant to use a restroom (since the one at 207 St terminal is always closed). Re-entered the station after about 5 minutes to find a Lefferts-bound (A) sitting there and hopped on that. At 59 St, the C/R opened and closed the doors multiple times, then says that the train has a door problem. I don't know if it was the first or last car but I simply stayed on the car I was on. In the meantime, the train crew was still investigating the door issue. About 4 minutes later, a (C) pulls in. I still simply stayed on the (A) since I already had a seat and the train was empty somewhat.

Then about 2-4 minutes later, a (D) pulls in on the local track, then leaves. Then about 2-4 minutes later, a Far Rock-bound (A) pulls in on the local track. The C/R told everyone on the Lefferts-bound (A) to get on the Far Rock-bound one across the platform due to the ongoing door issue. The entire train was clear and as I waited on the platform (not wanting to deal with the crowds on the Far Rock-bound (A)), the C/R on the Lefferts-bound one said the train would be out of service in the meantime. The Far Rock train on the local track begins pulling out, and 2 minutes later, a (B) arrives. Afterwards, the C/R on the Lefferts (A) announces that the door issue has been corrected and the train is now back in service and the next stop will be 42 St. As we pass 50 St, the very same Far Rock-bound (A) on the local track is sitting there. At the same time, as we roared into 42 St, the (E) was also coming in too and we made a connection. Soon enough, I got off at Fulton to take the (3) home.

Riders on that Far Rock train surely was pissed that they were delayed further due to the earlier incident mention above.

With the NYC subway's Express/Local configuration on the lines with mezzanines, would it have been cheaper to build the express tracks against the wall?

With this configuration the local stations only need one island platform, would not need twice the number of stairs and elevators, and would not need cross-overs.

This is the random topic thread anyway. What is the ad wrap by the way?

Exterior%20of%20the%20HISTORY%20Cities%2

With the NYC subway's Express/Local configuration on the lines with mezzanines, would it have been cheaper to build the express tracks against the wall?

With this configuration the local stations only need one island platform, would not need twice the number of stairs and elevators, and would not need cross-overs.

The CTA Red Line (Elevated) is set up in such a fashion.

Well, most of them had no mezzanines with local platforms directly under the sidewalks. From a cost perspective, the commonly-found express-local setup we currently see was probably better. The secondary advantage to the setup was that local tracks would have to curve away from the express tracks to make space for the island platforms at the express stations; the express tracks would be more or less tangent, and could pull in and out of the station at higher speeds. With the opposite configuration (express tracks on the outside), island platforms would be enabled, but a mezzanine would have to be built, increasing the depth of the tunnels that would have to be dug.

Refering to that gang by name is just giving them more brand recognition. Don't give these scumbags what they want!

i agree i just made a victory post and shouldn't have said that, and also only the B**ch marcia kramer on cbs "name dropped" them she sounded stupid saying it.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Water main break @ 14th St station (1) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np4D1El3Z2Y

Service Change  Posted: 04/08/2015  9:11PM

Due to a water condition at 14 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 1.png, 2.png and 3.png train service between Chambers St and Times Square-42 St in both directions.

Some 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse in both directions.

1.png, 2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

As an alternative for travel between Times Sq-42 St and 14 St, customers are advised to take the n.png, q.png and r.png train service.

As an alternative for travel between the Upper West Side and Lower Manhattan, customers are advised to take the a.png or c.png.

Allow additional travel time.

http://www.mta.info/status/subway/123/23809064

Edited by Q113 LTD