SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck was all that CenSin wrote last page?

Anyways is there any future plans for the (G) to get a possible train lengthening? I was thinking maybe a 60 ft train with a 3 car set is perfect. So if you put two of them together you can get 6 total trains since (G) is not as crowded as the (F). So trains would be broken up like this A-B-A-A-B-A cars.

What the heck was all that CenSin wrote last page?

A bit of mathematics applicable to laying rail.

Apparently, the wrong way to build a real railroad or a model railroad is to connect circular arcs and straight rail without any concern for how the physics may affect the train. And at once point, railroads were actually built using those primitive methods since only slow trains ran on them and the circular arcs all had huge radii.

Funny thing happened to me earlier today...

I was on the (D) heading to Norwood to meet up with some friends, and I caught the Concourse express. Haven't ride that since the slants were still around on the (B), but that's not the point. We get in Homeball Alley and the C/R said we would be stopping at 161 because of a soccer game at Yankee Stadium. We get in the middle at 145 and she repeated it again. At this point, I'm wondering how is that gonna be possible if we're in the middle...totally forgot about the switches south of 161.

We skipped 155 as normal, then switched local and stopped at 161. Skipped 167 on the local, and switched back to the express track north of 167. Never knew they did that.

Something happened at 69th street which caused a back up on the local, then after it cleared there was residual congestion. After Roosevelt Ave we started moving along and there was a conga line of local trains at every station.

So I'm thinking that they had (M) and (R) trains go express to Roosevelt, and they were holding up the whole line waiting for the conga line into 71st to move up to allow another (M) /  (R)  to switch to the local.

How long are the EL's that are in our system suppose to last? I know the MTA got around to renovating every station at least once since the 80's. Wouldn't they have to rebuild the structures eventually because they are exposed to the environment and plus you have tons weight moving along these elevated lines. I remember when the Jamaica Line before the line was fixed up and repainted. As a young kid back in like 2005 I always thought the thing was going to collapse on day.

SO the (3) line getting a facelift but they cant seem to fix the smelly CHambers St (J) and 59st-Lexington (4)(5)(6) like they want to repair the wrong stations, that dont need immediate help the (J) is one of the worst looking smelling stations ins the whole system.

Now that Van Sicklen and Rockaway is closed until Septmeber its going to be a crazy hot summer because all them ppl at vAN Sicklen either gonna go to New lots ave or Pennsylvania Ave and we have our own crowd coming off Starett and Pink houses buses

Is Pennsylvania ave closed on the  (3).

I was thinking, when the (MTA) brought the LIRR Rockaway Line, would it be a waste of time and money if they torn down the existing LIRR trestle along the peninsula towards Mott av and rebuild it as 3 tracks? Would that make any different?

Edited by Q113 LTD

Found a few errors with the R160 programs...

-On the (L), they have DeKalb Av & Atlantic Av as wheelchair accessible stations in both directions.

-On the (J) to Chambers St program, the exterior signs all say Jamaica local (as normal), the FIND has normal local stops, the train says (J) local, but the screen says Jamaica express

-On the (L), they have DeKalb Av & Atlantic Av as wheelchair accessible stations in both directions.

-On the (J) to Chambers St program, the exterior signs all say Jamaica local (as normal), the FIND has normal local stops, the train says (J) local, but the screen says Jamaica express

Wrong DeKalb Av and Atlantic Av stations. Well, they'll fix these errors never. I'm still waiting for them to correct that "Newton" error on the E-local option.

Someone post this on news section, incredible

A woman selling roses on the (6) man pays $140 for ALL the 140 Roses then woman has emotional moment....

See, why can't miracles like this happen? Why do the cops always stop a simple job to get a piece of paper? No matter what they sell?

It couldn't really be that hard to fix this. I noticed the J one before.

Someone post this on news section, incredible

A woman selling roses on the (6) man pays $140 for ALL the 140 Roses then woman has emotional moment....

See, why can't miracles like this happen? Why do the cops always stop a simple job to get a piece of paper? No matter what they sell?

It made me cry. This was a true miracle.