SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Man oh man, this weekend will be a nightmare for those 2, 3, & 5 riders. Had I not read Metro's post in the planned service changes thread, I was going to say why suspend the 3 when you can send the 2 to 148 St. Wow 4 different shuttle buses.

smh, it needed to be acknowledged. -_-

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah after the last (5) goes to Flatbush, the next couple of them go to Utica or New Lots before the evening Bowling Green service starts. The New Lots trains lay up in Livonia, the Utica ones lay up on the end block of the relay tracks. It's the reverse in the morning, with the first uptown (5)'s coming out of New Lots and Utica before the first southbound has a chance to get down to Flatbush.

There was some sort of issue this morning around 10:30 on the downtown 1. I think another 12-9. I saw a 1 train stopped half way at 86th while a 2 train was stopped next to it with a worker on the tracks saying something to the 2 line t/o. Either way the main problem was above ground when I needed the m86 to get thru the park. A bunch of fire trucks were blocking the road and we were stuck for like 10-15 min before the trucks finally started to move out. A woman on the bus thinks it was some guy crossing bw the cars and probably lost balance on a curve and fell. So I dunno how serious the incident was, but it seemed to happen pretty fast and recently.

There was some sort of issue this morning around 10:30 on the downtown 1. I think another 12-9. I saw a 1 train stopped half way at 86th while a 2 train was stopped next to it with a worker on the tracks saying something to the 2 line t/o. Either way the main problem was above ground when I needed the m86 to get thru the park. A bunch of fire trucks were blocking the road and we were stuck for like 10-15 min before the trucks finally started to move out. A woman on the bus thinks it was some guy crossing bw the cars and probably lost balance on a curve and fell. So I dunno how serious the incident was, but it seemed to happen pretty fast and recently.

Yeah, unfortunately.... :(

Oh maybe thats why the (1) ran express today from 125st to 168th,then from 168th st to 207,and from 207st to 238th then to 242st.

i honestly think that the  (D) line should have more R160 trains running on the line. i'm getting sick of the older version of the  (D) trains. this goes for the  (B) line as well. 

The  (D) doesn't have any R160s at all. The "older version" you see on the  (B)  and  (D)  are R68s and R68As. You're just gonna have to accept it as they will be there of quite a long time.

There's an R62A running on the (2) as of now... running 96-Flatbush. (If you go theres a good chance you'll run into Daniel the Cool)

Foam to the extreme!!! But seriously though, happy hunting. Though I'm surprised they're not pulling sets off Livonia.

I saw a photo of a 62A signed up as a (2) at Flatbush taken in 2004. Is this the only other time such an event has happened?

I think it happened again in '08 when the 142s were being serviced. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on this.