• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

How is the B82 SBS doing anyway?

13 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

Not sure as I never rode it, but logically it should be better than its LTD predecessor.

It’s alright. I take it everyday, I like that it runs throughout the day into the night but it needs to be more frequent. Usually when it’s rush hour and traffic is bad it would take all a while for it to come to the stop. I feel that instead of every 6-8 minutes it should be every 4-6 during rush hour. Also it needs to be artic if they can’t make It more frequent because those buses still get packed and it usually deterring if I have to catch it in the morning and I have to skip a bus for the next one. 

For the local part in the beginning when SBS was introduce the local ran more frequent but now it just seems like the local went back to how it used to be. It could be cause of construction in Coney Island. Oddly enough it seems that for every sbs there’s 2 locals. 

But overrall id rather the B82 sbs than the old limited. The route itself local and sbs seems a way better option than before. 

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

How is the B82 SBS doing anyway?

I never ride the 82 local or SBS with any sort of regularity but I tried it out on a few midday weekday runs and it was surprisingly fast outside of the crunch by the Rockaway Parkway station (I only rode in the section between Kings Highway and Starrett City

17 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Here's a funny story about me catching the S57.

I just left from something at Hylan/Fieldway around 6:45 PM and wanted to catch the S57 at Guyon that left at 7:15 PM. Just missed the S78 and the next one was about 25 minutes away. Okay, I'll just take the 7 minute walk to Bay Terrace and get the S79. Missed that too, next bus was 20 minutes away. I just decided to Walk it out, about 1.5 miles from Fieldway to Guyon. I got to the S57 stop around 7:12 PM and made it before any bus got to Guyon.

I don't remember the last time I've seen an S57, to be honest..... Or the S54 for that matter.

God those are two awful routes....

5 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't remember the last time I've seen an S57, to be honest..... Or the S54 for that matter.

It would've been ideal for the MTA to eliminate them completely if you say that. Besides, Staten Island tends to be more car-centric than the rest of NYC.

58 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

In the AM S57 New Dorp bound buses are frequent and mostly on time (SI Wise), but don't run on a constant headway before 8 AM. The next bus can be 8-16 minutes away depending on the bus. I don't know why the headway isn't increased in the PM. 

13 minutes ago, Far rockaway said:

I finally caught it and rode it. It was bus #8466. #5227 Is also running at this time

I don't know why they didn't renumber those buses. 8466 is an LFS, 3100 is an MCI, 5227 an RTS and 7499 an XD40.

Edited by Lil 57

43 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I don't know why they didn't renumber those buses. 8466 is an LFS, 3100 is an MCI, 5227 an RTS and 7499 an XD40.

Some of the Redbird cars in the museum fleet have the same numbers as R160s, it's no biggie. I'd prefer for the museum fleet to keep their original numbers, except for the Honeymooners bus, which got re numbered to the bus# in the TV show.

At one point Flatbush had both the RTS 5227 and the Fishbowl 5227 at the same time. The Fishbowl 5227 was already retired as a museum bus and far as I know it didn't cause no issues there.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

In the AM S57 New Dorp bound buses are frequent and mostly on time (SI Wise), but don't run on a constant headway before 8 AM. The next bus can be 8-16 minutes away depending on the bus. I don't know why the headway isn't increased in the PM. 

And right after I wrote this, 2 S57 buses are bunching on 30 minute headways 😂

5 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

In the AM it's a mix of regular commuters and schoolkids. In the PM, it's just the regular commuters because the schoolkids travel earlier (and have some trippers to accommodate them).

16 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

In the AM it's a mix of regular commuters and schoolkids. In the PM, it's just the regular commuters because the schoolkids travel earlier (and have some trippers to accommodate them).

Not every kid that uses those trippers, After School clubs, Etc... New Dorp HS doesn't have a tripper even though a lot of ND kids use the S57. They should have it run every 12 minutes in the AM. (Take the first few New Dorp S57's of the day and they always get SRO at Forest/Willowbrook) and every 15-20 minutes from 1:30-6:30 PM.

Earlier this morning, I was waiting for a Q53 bus. So I decide to Busfan a Q11 bus, which arrived at 7:00AM heading southbound at Penelope Avenue. In the middle of my footage the operator was about to start his bus, but opens his doors just when he’s about to leave, he tells me that “it’s against the law to take pictures of buses, you know that right”. I was about to counterargue with him saying that “no where in the Law, nor MTA rules does it state that you can not take pictures of trains and buses”  but instead, I just said “ok” because I didn’t want to put up with any BS and carried on with my day to not create any headaches. 

What sucks though is that I deleted the footage that I recorded on my camera.

6 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Earlier this morning, I was waiting for a Q53 bus. So I decide to Busfan a Q11 bus, which arrived at 7:00AM heading southbound at Penelope Avenue. In the middle of my footage the operator was about to start his bus, but opens his doors just when he’s about to leave, he tells me that “it’s against the law to take pictures of buses, you know that right”. I was about to counterargue with him saying that “no where in the Law, nor MTA rules does it state that you can not take pictures of trains and buses”  but instead, I just said “ok” because I didn’t want to put up with any BS and carried on with my day to not create any headaches. 

What sucks though is that I deleted the footage that I recorded on my camera.

NEVER do that.....they can say what they want, but the fact is that most operators don't even know the rules that customers have to abide by......

If needed, always carry a copy of the rules.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

13 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

NEVER do that.....they can say what they want, but the fact is that most operators don't even know the rules that customers have to abide by......

If needed, always carry a copy of the rules.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

Its funny how they're quick to say no filming to yall, but someone gets on the bus and doesn't pay, and they won't say or do shit. It's like pple look for others to try to bully or put in check, just to boost their ego. 

15 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Its funny how they're quick to say no filming to yall, but someone gets on the bus and doesn't pay, and they won't say or do shit. It's like pple look for others to try to bully or put in check, just to boost their ego. 

On various routes in the Bronx (the borough where I live) I'd be seeing a bunch of thugs board through the back doors of buses and not pay their fares. If there are cameras on buses to track down fare beaters, why aren't they getting caught? That makes me sick to my stomach 😕

Edited by lara8710

8 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Its funny how they're quick to say no filming to yall, but someone gets on the bus and doesn't pay, and they won't say or do s**t. It's like pple look for others to try to bully or put in check, just to boost their ego. 

I would’ve cared about the fare jumpers more. But yeah, there has been a lot of incidents where bus drivers have gotten beaten up because of this. Hopefully they can get people to check in and see if people are paying or not. Even better, make them plainscolthes people.

6 minutes ago, mine248 said:

I would’ve cared about the fare jumpers more. But yeah, there has been a lot of incidents where bus drivers have gotten beaten up because of this. Hopefully they can get people to check in and see if people are paying or not. Even better, make them plainscolthes people.

It would be a great idea if drivers would refuse to move once passengers are seen boarding through the back door, and resume only after they have paid their fares.

Edited by lara8710