BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

47 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

In regards to the SI ferry service reductions, the (MTA) should suspend limited service - Especially ones that aren’t meeting a ferry arrival with this hourly service (save the s89 and s93) and reallocate service towards extra buses on the Brooklyn routes and extra express buses during peak hours. 

Another Idea would be to make a temporary shuttle bus route from Battery Park to St. George via the bridge with a few stops along Bay Street as well.

They're running extra buses on the SIM1, 3, 3C, 4, and 4C.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

In regards to the SI ferry service reductions, the (MTA) should suspend limited service - Especially ones that aren’t meeting a ferry arrival with this hourly service (save the s89 and s93) and reallocate service towards extra buses on the Brooklyn routes and extra express buses during peak hours. 

Another Idea would be to make a temporary shuttle bus route from Battery Park to St. George via the bridge with a few stops along Bay Street as well.

At most, Brooklyn is only able to gain 17 extra buses as this is the amount of XD40s Jamaica has. I don't think the DOB would send Novas back to Brooklyn.

10 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

That is far from a shuttle, that's a whole route right there lol.

You also have the NYC Ferry as well, buses aren't the only option out there for once.

7 hours ago, xD4nn said:

At most, Brooklyn is only able to gain 17 extra buses as this is the amount of XD40s Jamaica has. I don't think the DOB would send Novas back to Brooklyn.

XDs aren't the only thing they can get. LFS Artics(for Flatbush), XN40s and XN60s from West Farms(huge spare factor), XDE40s. They could also get Orions from Staten Island. Wilder things have happened.

5 hours ago, 40 to 241st said:

Why not do you see how crowded there articulated routes themself get

I don't think the MTA will ever be ready for bi-artics. If anything, give the B6 or B82 artic conversions. Besides, the B82+ will get artics later on.

Didn't know that the (B47) have short turns at Flatlands Ave?  This was around 7:00pm yesterday evening...

Also an accident involving I believe bus#7908 on the (B15)at Essex St and New Lots Ave.  This was yesterday evening as well.  I hope all involved are ok...

6 hours ago, SubBus said:

Didn't know that the (B47) have short turns at Flatlands Ave?  This was around 7:00pm yesterday evening...

Also an accident involving I believe bus#7908 on the (B15)at Essex St and New Lots Ave.  This was yesterday evening as well.  I hope all involved are ok...

Saw a B47 signed up for Flatlands earlier this month, when I was coming off a B17 at Church..... Said to myself, since when did B47's short turned over there....

As of say, the past year or two or so, I've been noticing more & more routes short turning at stops/places where I've never seen them signed up before....

13 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Saw a B47 signed up for Flatlands earlier this month, when I was coming off a B17 at Church..... Said to myself, since when did B47's short turned over there....

As of say, the past year or two or so, I've been noticing more & more routes short turning at stops/places where I've never seen them signed up before....

Those B47 short turns to Flatlands are rarely used.. Even when Flatbush and East New York had the route.

On 5/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, 40 to 241st said:

Mta needs Bi-Articulated Buses who agrees.

I much rather they increase the amount of service versus a higher capacity transit.

Remember when they increased service from 40ft to artics, MTA usually cut the amount of service on that route to compensate for the increased capacity

16 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

I much rather they increase the amount of service versus a higher capacity transit.

Remember when they increased service from 40ft to artics, MTA usually cut the amount of service on that route to compensate for the increased capacity

I remember when the MTA made the Q10 an artic line the buses per hour decreased significantly especially during rush hour. In January of 2011 the Q10 had 22 buses arrive at Kew Gardens during the 7am hour during the weekday. Now in 2023 there are only 14 arrivals during the 7am hour. Service gaps are far more noticeable now than before and it isn’t uncommon to have a bunch of buses traveling in one direction but only 1 or 2 in the opposite direction. 

Ok, so I think I've noticed a change in some of the new NOVAs being delivered. Before the gallery seating had a pattern that went something like flip seat, bucket seat, flip seat, bucket seat, & forward seat. But now some of the new ones have a different arrangement that goes, bucket seat, bucket seat, flip seat, flip seat, & forward seat. I wonder when they changed it but it seems to be a bit more spacious. 

24 minutes ago, IAlam said:

Ok, so I think I've noticed a change in some of the new NOVAs being delivered. Before the gallery seating had a pattern that went something like flip seat, bucket seat, flip seat, bucket seat, & forward seat. But now some of the new ones have a different arrangement that goes, bucket seat, bucket seat, flip seat, flip seat, & forward seat. I wonder when they changed it but it seems to be a bit more spacious. 

Most likely for the strollers on the Stengel side. Not sure how they are on the Jamaica and QV coneheads.

47 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Most likely for the strollers on the Stengel side. Not sure how they are on the Jamaica and QV coneheads.

I'm actually a big fan of that, feels more spacious than the previous design. Seems like CS is getting the better passenger layout for now with the extra seat and the better layout. I hope the MTA makes the changes with the other ones soon. 

38 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

ENY is a CMF, so they were there for repairs.

Both were parked outside the train yard and not in the CMF facility or depot. Both of them have been there for the past few days in the same location.

Edited by xD4nn