• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

When do they plan to retire the D60s? I'd be interested in grabbing a couple of shots next time I'm in New York (about a year from now...)

No earlier than 2015.

How 4899 just in staten island...now it nowhere to be found??

If I was as excited as you, I would just wait at the transit center for 1-3 hours.

That can't be true, Im on it right now on the B75 heading to Ridgewood

I call BS. I've been tracking it on BusTime for the past 137 hours straight and currently it's in the yard. It hasn't been easy surviving without food, water, or human contact, but it's all worth it...it's got a DD12 bro!!

I call BS. I've been tracking it on BusTime for the past 137 hours straight and currently it's in the yard. It hasn't been easy surviving without food, water, or human contact, but it's all worth it...it's got a DD[11] bro!!

Fixed dude.

Edited by Turbo19

I caught my B/O friend from Yukon on the S44 this morning at 10:00 at St. George. Even though we didn't wait for the ferry, we still managed to get a decent load along the rest of the route. Going back from the mall, the bus was virtually empty most of the route until Post Av/Clove Rd.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

I went out to Brooklyn today. I took the S46-ferry- (J)-B83-B82 LTD- (N)- (R)-S79-S59.

I was actually planning to take the S40, but I saw the S46 and thought we could make the ferry. Well, I was wrong and I just missed it (I ran towards the wrong door because I saw a ferry docked there, but they were loading through the other door. I don't think it would've made a difference, though). I ended up catching the same ferry I would've if I had just stopped by a restaurant, gotten something to eat, and walked over to the S40.

I was surprised the (J) didn't really have a whole lot of people on it (I also thought it would do the Marcy-Myrtle express run, but they were still sending Manhattan-bound trains in on that track).

The B82 hit a lot of traffic near the (L) station. If I ever fan it again, I'll just take the (L) to Canarsie instead of taking the B83. (Obviously I know the (L) was faster, but I wanted to take the scenic route).

So I took it to Coney Island, because I didn't feel like taking the B1. It was just a handful of people who actually got off at the last stop. The (N) & (R) rides were basically regular rides. Then I got to 86th Street and I was thinking I would just grab a corner seat and take a nap on the S53, but I saw a huge line (pretty much taking up that whole block from 87th to 86th), and no bus in sight, so I jumped on the S79 across the street, figuring I'd be able to catch up to an earlier S53 at Hylan & Clove. There were a ton of people left behind. You could easily get a seated load with whoever was left, and the bus I got on was basically full to capacity (we flagged the 92nd Street stop).

I saw they were still doing that stupid project on the SIE, so I figured I'd take this chance to test out the S79 +SBS+ again, since the service road looked backed up. The bus moved pretty well this time, because everybody stayed out of the bus lane, and traffic seemed to be a little lighter than usual. The S59 driver was very fast. I saw him at Hylan & Richmond while I was on the S79, and then when I got off by Macy's, I saw an S44 in the distance, so I decided to run to Richmond Hill Road to see if I could catch the S89. The S59 came a couple of minutes later and made no stops between Richmond Hill Road & Victory Blvd (except for the traffic light at Eton Place), so it was even better than the S89. At Victory Blvd, I saw the S44, and I think I saw an S89 in front of it (if that was the case, he was early because no way do they need 50 minutes from Eltingville to Bayonne).

BTW, yesterday on the B83, I heard the radio mention something about "avoid the area" and then I think it said something that sounded like "Baltimore". (And it said the memo was out to all Brooklyn buses). What was the story there?

On the B82, it mentioned something about "Church Avenue being cleared" for the express buses. Was it related to the same incident.