• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely I see UP with the XD40's, QV with the LFS, and CAS with the 3G's.

Anything is possible with the MTA, who knows The LFS's, Orion 3G, and XD40's could swap out to any other depot. I could see CS trading their OG's for the 3G's so QV could have the only OG parts and CS could have NG/3G parts. I'm not really sure about the other buses because the XD40 is the first 40ft bus from NF they purchased since the old C40's in 1998-2000

Edited by College Pt Man

Anything is possible with the MTA, who knows The LFS's, Orion 3G, and XD40's could swap out to any other depot. I could see CS trading their OG's for the 3G's so QV could have the only OG parts and CS could have NG/3G parts. I'm not really sure about the other buses because the XD40 is the first 40ft bus from NF they purchased since the old C40's in 1998-2000

Its all more or less the same parts with the OGs/NGs/3Gs

wow...well i knew it was gonna happen...sadd to see those Allison Novas and XD40s leave...staten island had great variety...now everything back to Orion :( those XD40s and Novas were raised in CAS...smh...those Staten Island riders boyy they are spoiled on these buses...when they find out the smiley face buses will leave and the futuristic door buses leave...they will be mad but ehh going back to old days...

wow...well i knew it was gonna happen...sadd to see those Allison Novas and XD40s leave...staten island had great variety...now everything back to Orion :( those XD40s and Novas were raised in CAS...smh...those Staten Island riders boyy they are spoiled on these buses...when they find out the smiley face buses will leave and the futuristic door buses leave...they will be mad but ehh going back to old days...

I agree too. in my opinion i think the Orion VII 3Gs should of went to QV since they have Orion VII parts.

The Nova LFS to brooklyn since they had all those Nova RTSs.

and the New Flyer XD40 to staten island to start a New Flyer chain.

Ain't nobody gonna be mad except the foamers, as long as the bus can move & get those people to where they have to go then they wont care. All though people do care about looks sometimes, i was waiting for the B1 when it was free rides because of the storm & this girl said im getting on the bus with the smiley face & the prettiest bus ever so she let 2 ZF's go by & a 7000.

^ Truth. Lol at the chick though...

Got to thinking, have the MCI cruisers ever been repainted? I remember some of the 103-DLWs were repainted, but a lot of them seem to be in the paint they came in -- or at least, it's been a good 8 or so years since they got painted.

I agree too. in my opinion i think the Orion VII 3Gs should of went to QV since they have Orion VII parts.

The Nova LFS to brooklyn since they had all those Nova RTSs.

and the New Flyer XD40 to staten island to start a New Flyer chain.

I don't think the RTS and LFS had anything in common other than the manufacturer. Also it makes sense to consolidate the 3g's to SI since their local fleet is mainly Orions.

They have 60 Xd40s at UP, it's not going to change back. Sending them back to QV is pointless.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I went up to The Bronx today. Took the S40-(5)-(4) (at first, I couldn't decide if I wanted to go to Queens or The Bronx) - Bx12 +SBS+ - Bx31 - (2) - (4) - ferry - S90

The Bx12 actually didn't hit as much traffic as I thought it would west of Southern Blvd, but it got caught in a ton of traffic by Williamsbridge Road. I thought it was going to crawl for the whole route, but it was just because of road construction in that immediate intersection (that had us stuck there for a good 10-15 minutes). Then I ran to Eastchester Road and missed the Bx31, but there was another one behind it. Some schoolkids were pissed, because there were a few transferring from the Bx26, and a few more at Boston Road that missed both buses.

The (2) ride was alright. At East 180th, I saw a (5) across the platform, but because it was on the middle track, I was worried it would go to Dyre Avenue for some reason, like the overnight shuttle. I knew there was a pretty good chance it was going to go to Manhattan, but I didn't want to risk it. I took the (4) at Grand Concourse, and then took that to Bowling Green. I saw that the next, 2nd, and 4th trains were all (4) trains, and I heard some announcement about "Due to switching problems, there's no Dyre Avenue (5) service". Then it mentioned something about "the (5) will run on the (2) from East 180th to", but I didn't hear the rest. I assume it was Grand Concourse, because otherwise, you might as well label those trains as short-turn (2)s, because if it's going up 7th Avenue and going to Flatbush, that's the (2) route entirely right there.

At the other end, the S90 was a few minutes late. (They made an announcement on the loudspeaker, but they didn't make one for the S94 passengers, though that bus came right behind the S90). An S40 had already come and gone, and I saw it discharging the last few passengers at the S48/98 stop on Arlington Place. (I saw somebody try to run from the S40 to the S90, but he missed it). On a side note, I would've thought it would discharge the passengers on South Avenue, not on Arlington Place, but I guess it's easier to get back to Richmond Terrace the other way. When we got to Forest & South, it was 6:07, so we were about 13 minutes late.

I don't think the RTS and LFS had anything in common other than the manufacturer. Also it makes sense to consolidate the 3g's to SI since their local fleet is mainly Orions.

They have 60 Xd40s at UP, it's not going to change back. Sending them back to QV is pointless.

If anything they'd send them to Staten Island because its right there but other than that they might as well keep the XD40's here, better for me.

If anything they'd send them to Staten Island because its right there but other than that they might as well keep the XD40's here, better for me.

and for me whenever i go to coney island...but my hometown...now i gotta deal with 3Gs...goshh boring buses -.- is there a reason why MTA put ZFs in the 3Gs?!??? man if they had Allison B400Rs i wouldnt mind a 3G or XD40...shoot all i need is a cummins+allison b400r and ill take it...

No, all depots should be 89-90 of one bus type. No need to carry additional parts for an oddball fleet even if it is 30 buses. Why it's taken this long to finally move SI's batch is beyond me.

relax ...its taking this long because the 3gs and xcelsiors werent complete with a full year of evaluation

I just saw an Orion OG HEV heading up Little Neck Pkwy with what looked like an (MTA) personnel standing in front with the driver. This must have something to do with what will be the new Q36!

Well, we ARE close to the time where we will see some service changes....I'm more hyped for the M9 and B39 more than anything, being that I grew up by those two routes..

Ain't nobody gonna be mad except the foamers, as long as the bus can move & get those people to where they have to go then they wont care.

Oh...imagine if they all (XD40s) left Brooklyn....THEN we'll see folks with pitchforks and torches protesting, they wouldn't give a shit about anything even if they have to get somewhere!!

Well, we ARE close to the time where we will see some service changes....I'm more hyped for the M9 and B39 more than anything, being that I grew up by those two routes..

Oh...imagine if they all (XD40s) left Brooklyn....THEN we'll see folks with pitchforks and torches protesting, they wouldn't give a shit about anything even if they have to get somewhere!!

Lol your right, I would be mad too but a bus is a bus it gets me to where I have to go. If it breaks down then I will be talking shit about it lol. Lil gijoe is happy that they will be coming out here because he can ride them more often since he's always out here. But again mad at the same time because they aren't at their " Home Depots "

Lol your right, I would be mad too but a bus is a bus it gets me to where I have to go. If it breaks down then I will be talking shit about it lol. Lil gijoe is happy that they will be coming out here because he can ride them more often since he's always out here. But again mad at the same time because they aren't at their " Home Depots "

yeahh i can always ride them on the B1 B36 and B74 but then when im home in s.i i would have to ride 3Gs its like 50/50 ehh..just those allison novas may not ever be ridden by me again...im trying to catch all 15 before they leave

yeahh i can always ride them on the B1 B36 and B74 but then when im home in s.i i would have to ride 3Gs its like 50/50 ehh..just those allison novas may not ever be ridden by me again...im trying to catch all 15 before they leave

Its not that serious...those buses still got years, if not a whole decade of life left in them

LOL

Now because of this, all I would do

All Xcelsiors to all NYCT Hybrid depots in the Bronx and Queens , including Quill Depot only

All Nova LFS' to SI, and to Manhattan, and I don't wanna hear it ( :lol: )

All other buses fill in gap spots