BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, East New York said:

Speaking of the B35, yes they seem to be in much better hands in Brooklyn. Also noting that I don’t remember seeing alternate specs on the XN60’s. Has anyone been on 1073??? Check these seats out. 

Yep, I've been in that unit before. The last time was 01/26/19 and I knew it was the only unit to feature those Gen 2 Gemini seats(more complex than the XD40s seats).

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

It might just be for routes that connect with LIRR stations. Some weekly LIRR/NYCT combo tickets (Unitickets) are like that. Like if you have a Kew Gardens to Mineola ticket, some tickets only let you on the Q10 or Q60 but not the Q44 because the latter doesn’t stop in Kew Gardens.

Hows the Atlantic Ticket even supposed to work anyways? Is it supposed to be like a Uniticket (certain routes at whatever stop is on the ticket) or is the MetroCard portion supposed to be unrestricted?

The MetroCard portion of the Atlantic Ticket is supposed to be an unrestricted NYCT weekly. It's restricted in the sense that it doesn't work outside of NYCT (ie, no Beeline, No NICE)

http://web.mta.info/service/atlantic-ticket.htm#usage

Or, for greater savings, purchase the weekly Atlantic Ticket that includes a 7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard, so you can transfer to a subway or local bus** at Atlantic Terminal and use your MetroCard all week long as often as you wish.

**Not valid for transfer to express buses or NICE bus.

3 hours ago, B22viaAtlanticAv said:

I'm surprised this got by you this long... I did ask way back when the B35  was just started using artics but never got an answer...😞 plus my comment got thumbs downed for even asking...   

I inquired about it after the post. This is one of the test specs. It’s the only unit that has it. 

And shame on whoever gave you a thumbs down. I missed all of that. 

2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

I saw a R-179 on the (J) that was already dirty

Wrong random thread lol. 

2 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Could be ENY because of the (L) shutdown, I expect them to hold on to the RTS for MUCH longer than expected.

Of course, I'm not complaining :)

Don’t feel bad. Apparently a few people haven’t got the memo yet that L Shutdown is cancelled, and the RTS’ are out in the next 12 months. We are scheduled to be down only 25 by this time next year unless something changes or changed. 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

East New York is due 54 XD40’s on this next delivery run. Flatbush will more likely retain their RTS before ENY. 

FLA will probably get a whole bunch of those unassigned XD40s intended for the (L) shuttle I'd imagine. That would be the most logical thing to do IMO. I do hope FLA is the last depot ever to operate RTSs though. Only fitting the GOAT depot is the last to operate the GOAT Bus 😃

3 hours ago, East New York said:

Someone just sideswiped 780 right in front of me smh. 

1 Road call

So what's going to happen to the already half-installed SBS machines on 14th St? Might as well use em...

And while were at it, make the (Q59 I think its called, the one that goes on Grand) have bus lanes on Grand St...that roadway is a dam jungle...

53 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

FLA will probably get a whole bunch of those unassigned XD40s intended for the (L) shuttle I'd imagine. That would be the most logical thing to do IMO. I do hope FLA is the last depot ever to operate RTSs though. Only fitting the GOAT depot is the last to operate the GOAT Bus 😃

No they won’t. They got their orders for the Xd40s already. The next order for them is the XD60s and possibly another X series in future. The L train shuttle XD40s has already been assigned. 

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Mysterious things have happen. Let’s hope you are right. As of right now those XD40 assignments are accounted for. However, knowing the (MTA) it’s always subject to change. When FB had 7572 for only 2 days from NF than it got re-assigned to JAM. 

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

East New York is due 54 XD40’s on this next delivery run. Flatbush will more likely retain their RTS before ENY. 

They already have 22 of the 54 total due.

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

There are no unassigned buses any longer. Everything has assignments, including the next hybrids and electric artics now. Check the first page of the Fleet & Depots thread.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So what's going to happen to the already half-installed SBS machines on 14th St? Might as well use em...

And while were at it, make the (Q59 I think its called, the one that goes on Grand) have bus lanes on Grand St...that roadway is a dam jungle...

They are going to remove them to be used elsewhere as the M14+ was shelved.

Edited by East New York

7 minutes ago, East New York said:

There are no unassigned buses any longer. Everything has assignments, including the next hybrids and electric artics now. Check the first page of the Fleet & Depots thread.

I was actually on various XN40's these past few days, and I have really noticed on how fast West Farms Depot has been installing the Clever Devices Information Screens, I wanted to know if there is more constant deliveries of the screens to the depot because only 3 WF C40LF's have gotten Vianova's and deployment has been slow. Does this have to do with the fact that Clever Devices is concentrated on the NG's and XN40's, or the fact that Vianova screens are being widespread in deployment?

10 hours ago, East New York said:

Dam...I really wanted to see how the M14+ was going to play out...

12 hours ago, East New York said:

So what is the next sbs since the M14 sbs is a no go? 

Is the MTA waiting till the redesigned of the bus maps in certain bouroughs to implement them? 

Edited by Brillant93
Stupid mobile web browser

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Today I finally rode an CP express route, now I been on express route out of every MTA Bus Depot (Even BP and LGA).

NYCT side I never been on an Medrith or QV express route.

Well your not missing anything on the meridith lines. No good scenery or anything in particular that it would be worthwhile to go out of the way for.

40 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Well your not missing anything on the meridith lines. No good scenery or anything in particular that it would be worthwhile to go out of the way for.

Yeah I think the top five express bus lines for scenery are as follows:

1. BxM2 - 5th Avenue Museum mile/Upper East Side, and Central Park along with Central Park West, Lincoln Center, Times Square and Penn Station and the suburban look of Riverdale

2. QM2 - Beautiful homes in Beechhurst

3. QM16 - Neponsit - beautiful beach homes in the Rockaways

4. X27/X37 - Views and beautiful homes along Shore Road

5 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah I think the top five express bus lines for scenery are as follows:

1. BxM2 - 5th Avenue Museum mile/Upper East Side, and Central Park along with Central Park West, Lincoln Center, Times Square and Penn Station and the suburban look of Riverdale

2. QM2 - Beautiful homes in Beechhurst

3. QM16 - Neponsit - beautiful beach homes in the Rockaways

4. X27/X37 - Views and beautiful homes along Shore Road

The SI express buses Via Brooklyn are also good. Beautiful scenery of NY harbor.

6 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

The SI express buses Via Brooklyn are also good. Beautiful scenery of NY harbor.

Yeah in the summer it's nice to go on the Verrazzano, especially the upper level. I always liked taking the last X12 for that reason, as the sun is setting late in the summer. Then coming off of the SIE Victory and Slosson is quite nice and near to where I used to live. Slosson Avenue is very leafy.  Upper middle class area near to Westerleigh which is also nice by Martling Avenue.  Nice historical homes there.  Going through Westerleigh is nice as well. I lived on the Westerleigh/West Brighton border. Unfortunately the X12 doesn't end in such a nice area of Staten Island. Parts of South Avenue are really run down.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Hey if I'm not mistaken, I read from somewhere here in Transit Forums that the Q102 route is one of the most unreliable Bus Routes in Western Queens, right? Is it because it goes to Roosevelt Island, does it low headways, or is it a different reason entirely? I'm curious to know why.

36 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Is it because it goes to Roosevelt Island, does it low headways, or is it a different reason entirely? I'm curious to know why.

The traffic on the southern part of 31 street, northern blvd, and jackson avenue do "wonders" for its reliability..