BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

22 minutes ago, Axis said:

I miss the last Q44 bus by one light for 20 minutes because one stupid “Baby On Board” FUV didn’t want to move fast enough...and I now have to just miss the train from Jamaica to Cedarhurst, wait an hour for the next one, AND be late to work...because no advocacy group on here wants to care about the most underserved part of Queens/LI. Enjoy your stupid Patriot Day!

How do you miss the last Q44...when the route runs 24/7.

Clearly, you are making stories up.....

If you're going to blatantly lie about things, pick a line that doesn't run 24/7.....

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Axis said:

I miss the last Q44 bus by one light for 20 minutes because one stupid “Baby On Board” FUV didn’t want to move fast enough...and I now have to just miss the train from Jamaica to Cedarhurst, wait an hour for the next one, AND be late to work...because no advocacy group on here wants to care about the most underserved part of Queens/LI. Enjoy your stupid Patriot Day!

Ah, I remember when the last Q44 LFSA ran...is that what you mean? Because that was almost two years ago, child.

Also, there’s Advocacy Groups for almost every borough, if there isn’t, make one, and speak up about issues instead of complaining.

Stop making stories up and stop looking like a bonafide fool. Enjoy your day good sir.

55 minutes ago, Axis said:

Are you seriously still whining about your asinine trip?

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Does anyone have any info on the M15 runs to City Hall?

They got rid of those trips back in 2010 and replaced that with the M9.

13 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

Well, since the M100 would no longer serve 125 east of Amsterdam, no one will bat an eye, the M104 loses service on 42 east of Times Square, everyone lost their minds. 

As far as those routes you mentioned, we may see this:

M31- no service west of York Av. (Goes back to its early '90's routing)

M57- no service on West End Av. Possible M12 extension?

M14- the Lower East Side Abingdon Square branch may get its own designation and/or extended on either end

Didn’t the MTA originally want the M14A to run to West 18th with the M14D? I can see that happen for the redesign.

However I can also see the M14A going away as well with the M9 being rerouted down Ave A/Essex Street. The Grand Ave part could be covered by a rerouted M22. Finally the M14D could run via Ave C to its current terminal and just be called the M14.

56 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

442 (Jackie Gleason) has a “Loved for goals” driverside wrap.

Only if Outfront could get dimensions for the XD40’s which is about the same dimensions as the C40’s at Gleason. However, this is good for the Brooklyn Division. Too bad Ulmer Park can’t wrap their local buses since they don’t have NG’s and i think the TA doesn’t want the XD40’s wrapped. However, if the rules were different UP would be king b/c they get every wrap campaign for the express buses. 

7 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Didn’t the MTA originally want the M14A to run to West 18th with the M14D? I can see that happen for the redesign.

However I can also see the M14A going away as well with the M9 being rerouted down Ave A/Essex Street. The Grand Ave part could be covered by a rerouted M22. Finally the M14D could run via Ave C to its current terminal and just be called the M14.

What was the frequency and the route though?

8 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

However I can also see the M14A going away as well with the M9 being rerouted down Ave A/Essex Street. The Grand Street part could be covered by a rerouted M22. Finally the M14D could run via Ave C to its current terminal and just be called the M14.

No Grand Avenue in Manhattan. I help you on the edit portion of your post. 

However, you may want to leave that 14A alone. Those seniors raised a lot of hell during the SBS process and they are pretty vocal. As a former LES resident I would not want to deal with an infrequent M22 or M9 coveting Essex, Avenue A. So, I would leave the 14A where it is but modify additional stops for a streamlined line in LES. 

As far as Abington Square. Leave that only for the M11 and move the 14A to 18th or Chelsea Piers to stand with the M23. 

16 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No Grand Avenue in Manhattan. I help you on the edit portion of your post. 

However, you may want to leave that 14A alone. Those seniors raised a lot of hell during the SBS process and they are pretty vocal. As a former LES resident I would not want to deal with an infrequent M22 or M9 coveting Essex, Avenue A. So, I would leave the 14A where it is but modify additional stops for a streamlined line in LES. 

As far as Abington Square. Leave that only for the M11 and move the 14A to 18th or Chelsea Piers to stand with the M23. 

Trust me I would leave the entire M14 alone, because I know there was fuss even when the (MTA) wanted the M14A to run to W18th street and eliminate Abington Square service. I was only stating my opinion as to what the MTA might do if they try to mess with the M14 again. I can however still see them trying to get rid of Abington Square. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Service was very frequent for the Limited, while the locals were less frequent. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Trust me I would leave the entire M14 alone, because I know there was fuss even when the (MTA) wanted the M14A to run to W18th street and eliminate Abington Square service. I was only stating my opinion as to what the MTA might do if they try to mess with the M14 again. I can however still see them trying to get rid of Abington Square. 

I’m right with you on this one. In full agreement with the Abington Square situation. Trust me, those buses definitely don’t belong there. 

Glad we on the same page with the 14A. To your point it’s definite that the (MTA) is trying to take shortcuts with this and put infrequent service primarily on the A side in LES and not touching the D portion. 

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Frequency was roughly the same as the South Ferry trips. It was always 1 South Ferry Bus, 1 City Hall bus and so-on.

Routing, same as the current M15, right turn onto East Broadway, left onto Chatham Square and follows the current M103 path down.

Edited by Cait Sith

On 9/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, Future ENY OP said:

23set12.jpg

Spotted in Downtown Brooklyn today. It appears that Outfront has the dimensions for Gleason’s buses. Bus 486. 

Hopefully the LFSs (rigids and artics) are next. I also see no reason why full wraps should not return.

-- REPLY ENDS HERE --

Separately, given how the S79 SBS no longer has a dedicated fleet, is there any reason why there should be a dedicated Select Bus Service wrap? I would take the wraps off and just have the sign be the indicator, along with visible announcements...but (S79 excluded) only blue-and-yellow buses on the SBS (any surplus could then be a local bus). After all, it is not uncommon for SBS-liveried buses at Gun Hill, and sometimes West Farms, to end up on local routes...and someone just posted a video here of a Q44 SBS bus on the Q12...and bus 6234 has seen SBS service in standard livery. After all, when OMNY expands citywide next year, and MetroCard is eventually phased out, the entire system could become proof of payment, similar to how Vancouver is.

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’m right with you on this one. In full agreement with the Abington Square situation. Trust me, those buses definitely don’t belong there. 

Glad we on the same page with the 14A. To your point it’s definite that the (MTA) is trying to take shortcuts with this and put infrequent service primarily on the A side in LES and not touching the D portion. 

From my experiences with the route, I’ve had some M14A drivers turn the corner onto 9th Ave and say last stop even though it still has another stop. I noticed from Abington Square buses carry air until they turn onto 14th street.

I don’t even know why they would want to touch the 14A on the Lower East Side because it actually sees decent usage down there and it’s the most frequent out of the M9, M21 and M22. However the M14 does have a bunching problem. The other day I saw 4 M14A’s on Grand after it made the turn off of Columbia Street. 

1 hour ago, aemoreira81 said:

Hopefully the LFSs (rigids and artics) are next. I also see no reason why full wraps should not return.

-- REPLY ENDS HERE --

Let’s hope so. 

I mean DC which also uses Outfront already has full wraps on their buses. So does MBTA- Boston.  Philadelphia also has full wraps on their buses. I think the (MTA) should explore putting full wraps on the express buses at least.