BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

This bus...the mission is not being executed correctly: 🤢

[LaGuardia Link Articulated bus on the Q53]

It has been running on the Q70 since the beginning of this month. I guess they didn't have other artics available. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

48 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It has been running on the Q70 since the beginning of this month. I guess they didn't have other artics available. 

Artics not available during THIS time? I high doubt that, I assumed that maybe that driver did the Q70 with 6274 first, and instead of going  the swing at the depot, he/she kept the bus and stayed at Woodside until their second half. 

I feel like all they needed to do was wrap these artics in the regular select bus service wrap and call it a day. That way they can always rotate between the Q53 and Q70 even though they may still occasionally do that from time to time. I guess they really want to have the buses stand out to tourist which I do get. 

19 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I feel like all they needed to do was wrap these artics in the regular select bus service wrap and call it a day. That way they can always rotate between the Q53 and Q70 even though they may still occasionally do that from time to time. I guess they really want to have the buses stand out to tourist which I do get. 

I thought the SBS scheme was done with. What makes this SBS route need a glorified scheme and not the M60? The M60 serves more too (Metro North, (4)(5)(5), (A)(B)(C)(D), (2)(3)

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I thought the SBS scheme was done with. What makes this SBS route need a glorified scheme and not the M60? The M60 serves more too (Metro North, (4)(5)(5), (A)(B)(C)(D), (2)(3)

Exactly. The special wrap for Q70 is seriously a waste of time and money, just give it the SBS wrap.

3 hours ago, Jova42R said:

@EastFlatbushLarry @paulrivera speaking of this, does anyone know the codes for the SIM routes (especially the SIM22 and 26). Also, does anyone know the codes for the SIM23 and 24?

Sim22: 722x, 722x (the last digit is either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Given that there was a X22 and X22A before with two codes each, it's probably 4 and 5.  IDK which shows Midtown and which shows Eltingville)

SIM26: 7260, 7261 most likely since that's the first 26 route bus on the island. 

Below is a public website of all sign codes, just so everyone is aware that I'm not giving away classified information. 

https://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Sim22: 722x, 722x (the last digit is either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Given that there was a X22 and X22A before with two codes each, it's probably 4 and 5.  IDK which shows Midtown and which shows Eltingville)

SIM26: 7260, 7261 most likely since that's the first 26 route bus on the island. 

Below is a public website of all sign codes, just so everyone is aware that I'm not giving away classified information. 

Thanks! Are these actually classified? And TTMG only has the old X routes (BTW the X1 code still works!)

Do you know the SIM25?

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

And are you 100% sure about those codes?

1 hour ago, Jova42R said:

And are you 100% sure about those codes?

Just follow the pattern. So SIM25... 7 is for staten island express buses. The second and third digit is the route 7,25,and the last is the destination, it can be anything from 0-9, depending on many readings it has and if the route number was used before. So SIM25 is definitely 725x...I'm not sure what the last digit is, maybe 0 and 1 for each direction. 

45 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

7 is all express buses under TA

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Just follow the pattern. So SIM25... 7 is for staten island express buses. The second and third digit is the route 7,25,and the last is the destination, it can be anything from 0-9, depending on many readings it has and if the route number was used before. So SIM25 is definitely 725x...I'm not sure what the last digit is, maybe 0 and 1 for each direction. 

Thanks so much guys!

On 4/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, trainfan22 said:

The 1 year anniversary of the RTS (Remember those!?) retirement is coming up.. it happened in early May.

Crazy to think they have been gone for almost a year now.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Q43LTD said:

I remember it like it was yesterday. There's those videos on you tube

Doesn't seem like it's been a full year, but I'll never forget one of (if not THE) most iconic bus fleets that's ever existed !

"Fishbowls" & RTS >>>>>>> ___________________________

Idk if it's growing on me, or if the XD60s just make this scheme look so good? 

Only thing thats irking me is the fact that the scheme is streamlined, looks very choppy. There's no natural blend in the colors. I'm also not a fan of the blue over the yellow in the rear of the bus, as well as the the blue stripe in the front of the bus.

But the light blue, dark blue, the clouds, airplanes, and all the branding all looks good.