BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

8 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I am not an essential worker, but do with work some of the major hospitals as clients, which is why I have to go in here and there aside from my food trips. I'm sure it has been tough.  Been checking on the QM1 to ensure that it's been running well. They've been doing a good job overall service wise and I get an update from someone on what's going on regularly, be it a driver or an e-mail from the (MTA) or some other personnel.

CP service has been quite good considering the situation. I happen to be on the 1:45 QM5 back to queens right now, which was not showing up on bustime for whatever reason. 

Other than friday evening, where I had a 20 minute wait, I have not had to wait long for a bus. Same with the M15, which has been quite good. 

I really hope they keep up the service since there is no way ill be able to work from home. It sort of feels like personalized service which is cool, but I'd be okay with regular crowds and traffic again!

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

60 ft lfsa #1209 was running on the m100 last night

That doesn’t seem unusual to me, unless 1209 wasn’t in KB. The M100 runs artics from time to time.

What was unusual to me was seeing 6201 on the Bx9 this morning.

A new XD60 in Nova territory is definitely foreign around these parts.

3 hours ago, paulrivera said:

That doesn’t seem unusual to me, unless 1209 wasn’t in KB. The M100 runs artics from time to time.

What was unusual to me was seeing 6201 on the Bx9 this morning.

A new XD60 in Nova territory is definitely foreign around these parts.

I mean Gun Hill had XD60’s not too long ago. However, it’s good to see Manhattan helping out BX for a bit. 

2 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

Apologies if this was already noted but it seems all of the Electric buses are out of service for now. (0011-20 and 4950 and up)

4950 was in service 2 days ago on the M60, and 4955 was on the M86 yesterday. But, I just checked MTA.info, and there was nothing.

BTW, @4P3607, do you still make signs? I just posted a request, and was wondering if you'd gotten it.

Saw 554 parked over by 31st Street and Ditmars yesterday; wondered what it was doing there. I noticed that the read door had a poster that read (not exact words) "Wheelchair-->Front" everyone else here. The front door had the opposite "Wheelchair board here", everybody else go to the back.

16 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Saw 554 parked over by 31st Street and Ditmars yesterday; wondered what it was doing there. I noticed that the read door had a poster that read (not exact words) "Wheelchair-->Front" everyone else here. The front door had the opposite "Wheelchair board here", everybody else go to the back.

Thats on (almost) every other bus that Transit has.

I saw a kid at Green Acres get arrested by Nassau PD. He ran out the Q85 from the back of the bus, across the ring road and got intercepted at the Walmart Sign. It happened so fast that I didn't notice it. I tried entering the city once or twice but I'm noticing couple arguing in Manhattan over at Far Rockaway. I forgot those ADHD kids are on vegan diets and can now outrun the bus. I expected him to actually make it to the barrier and hop off wall they built around Rosedale.

I saw the B/O for NICE do something that I used to see in the city: Stop the bus at Beach 20th and greeted a passenger with a big hug.

I saw another NICE B/O do something I never see City driver do: the shuttle driver took a smoke break. The kind a parent does when they're about to beat their kid! 

Did a bus ride of the 113 and it's still the same.  

This is all related because it's implied that the city lost a lot of residents who pretty much left for other states. The city lost about 80,000 to 100,000 residents. It's on topic because I am hearing crazy stuff about Manhattanites coming over to South Hampton and Hicksville and ravaging the stores of masks and toilet paper. We can't go to the old days of being filthy.

9 hours ago, NY1635 said:

I saw a kid at Green Acres get arrested by Nassau PD. He ran out the Q85 from the back of the bus, across the ring road and got intercepted at the Walmart Sign. It happened so fast that I didn't notice it. I tried entering the city once or twice but I'm noticing couple arguing in Manhattan over at Far Rockaway. I forgot those ADHD kids are on vegan diets and can now outrun the bus. I expected him to actually make it to the barrier and hop off wall they built around Rosedale.

I saw the B/O for NICE do something that I used to see in the city: Stop the bus at Beach 20th and greeted a passenger with a big hug.

I saw another NICE B/O do something I never see City driver do: the shuttle driver took a smoke break. The kind a parent does when they're about to beat their kid! 

Did a bus ride of the 113 and it's still the same.  

This is all related because it's implied that the city lost a lot of residents who pretty much left for other states. The city lost about 80,000 to 100,000 residents. It's on topic because I am hearing crazy stuff about Manhattanites coming over to South Hampton and Hicksville and ravaging the stores of masks and toilet paper. We can't go to the old days of being filthy.

So that's what we're doing now? Centering jokes around ADHD kids & vegan diets is supposed to be funny?
That doesn't have shit to do with NYC losing residents or some NYC patrons running out to the Hamptons to minimize their chances of getting infected....

A 1 month temp ban obviously wasn't enough....

49 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

So that's what we're doing now? Centering jokes around ADHD kids & vegan diets is supposed to be funny?
That doesn't have shit to do with NYC losing residents or some NYC patrons running out to the Hamptons to minimize their chances of getting infected....

A 1 month temp ban obviously wasn't enough....

Maybe those crazy things are in the poster’s head ? As far as masks and toilet paper go they’ve been in short supply everywhere on Long Island from day one.

2019 LFS 8609, the one that just ran on the SIM1C, got into an accident earlier today. Driver was taken to the hospital, possible leg injury...awaiting details. Hope the driver is alright, and it's nothing covid related. 

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/04/victory-boulevard-blocked-in-meiers-corners-due-to-crash.html

Note: I only said "covid related" because of the impacts this virus is having across the world. Obviously whatever caused it is also serious as well, but with covid stopping things left and right, the last thing one would want to hear is covid stopping / shutting down other stuff because it impacts people's work. 

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

2019 LFS 8609, the one that just ran on the SIM1C, got into an accident earlier today. Driver was taken to the hospital, possible leg injury...awaiting details. Hope the driver is alright, and it's nothing covid related. 

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/04/victory-boulevard-blocked-in-meiers-corners-due-to-crash.html

Note: I only said "covid related" because of the impacts this virus is having across the world. Obviously whatever caused it is also serious as well, but with covid stopping things left and right, the last thing one would want to hear is covid stopping / shutting down other stuff because it impacts people's work. 

A pole got uprooted and fell on the bus. The bus body appears to be okay, minus a minor dent, but the force shook the bus enough to cause the windshield to fall off the bus.

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I hope the driver is alright, sometimes you never know what can happen on the job. 

As far as that bus, that will definitely be out of service for a long while. That bus ain’t even a year old.