BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Yes... Now tell me how I can get one of those bullets that you have??  ;)

I just made it myself on Inkscape.

Here's one for you, the green box is a square [or so Inkscape tells me] so hopefully you won't have trouble uploading it. If it looks too tall on top I'll revise it.

BxM1avatar_zps820353ab.png

Edited by Mysterious2train

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taken the 44 and 46 a handful of times, and every damn time there's people going straight to the back door. As a law-abiding citizen, that pisses me off to no end.

Is that so... According to other people farebeating isn't a problem on the B44 or B46...  <_<

I don't understand why there aren't more arrests. I mean you got cops scouting the subways for people taking up 1 seat too many, but they could easily fill their quotas if they scouted problem areas along the FB lines. They can be stationed at the major intersections so its not like they have to be stationed on every bus or stop.

LOL... That's because it isn't a problem... *Sarcasm* Then I get slammed for saying that more resources shouldn't be used on lines with high farebeating...  <_<  They should either have cops on those lines at heavy stops and fine and ticket the farebeaters or cut service to the bare bones... I have a serious problem with communities losing their service while other lines get service boosts when they have tons of farebeaters stealing service.  Hell those services could be used on the Veterans Ave B41 branch.

I just made it myself on Inkscape.

Here's one for you, the green box is a square [or so Inkscape tells me] so hopefully you won't have trouble uploading it. If it looks too tall on top I'll revise it.

BxM1avatar_zps820353ab.png

Very nice... If I may ask can I get a BxM2 and BxM18 one as well??  :D Same size please.  

And the main reason Teleport service was discontinued was due to complaints from riders heading towards either end of the route having to enter the Teleport.

Well, I guess that was the final straw in what made them decide to extend the S46 down that way. You could serve the hotels further up South Avenue, plus the residential area between Forest and the SIE, plus the West Shore Plaza, and on top of that, you help out S62 riders in Travis.

On the 1993 map, I think they showed the S62 over there in a box, which meant that was the terminal (rather than a circle, which meant it was just a regular part of the route), and on the back, they said one service pattern was St. George-Teleport. I'll have to double check.

Didn't know they had a subway shuttle that went straight from 96th to the hub... decided to take it to the Bx4...

I was gonna walk to 125th & catch the M60 (I started at Bowling green), but I eventually got hungry & stopped off @ subway over there just short of 96th/b'way and took the shuttle bus since it was right there (since it's free & it provided a place to sit & eat for a hot 25 mins or so)...

After coming off the (7), I also took the shuttle to vernon-jackson... odd that there was only 7 pax  at the most on it the whole time (incl. myself)... Lol @ ppl. pushing & forcing their way onto the arriving manhattan bound Q... Also Lol @ the one guy that got off the shuttle bus to catch a Q32 that eventually pulled up behind it.... Speaking of which, I wonder how that would pan out; a (7) express shuttle straight from QBP to GCT or something....

Hmmm... A C40 (277) on the Bx1 LTD? How odd... Must be a glitch... A funny one though...

MTABusTimeScreenshot_zps1f894459.jpg

I wouldn't be too sure about that... Seems like a few depots are short on buses... I have yet to see Bus Time screw up on a bus #.... Then again I've been getting the same bus practically every day on one line... 

I wouldn't be too sure about that... Seems like a few depots are short on buses... I have yet to see Bus Time screw up on a bus #.... Then again I've been getting the same bus practically every day on one line... 

I just checked up on Bus Time again... That bus hasn't moved at all... It's probably just parked there for whatever reason... C40 277 belongs to WF... Might be that same glitch some LFSA's out of 126 that show up as a Bx15 but it's parked at the depot...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I just checked up on Bus Time again... That bus hasn't moved at all... It's probably just parked there for whatever reason... C40 277 belongs to WF... Might be that same glitch some LFSA's out of 126 that show up as a Bx15 but it's parked at the depot...

lol... The way that the system is set up, if a bus detours and takes a similar route to one taken by another route or even the same route it will screw up Bus Time totally.  That may be why they were so strict with buses staying on the route at first.  For example, I've been on Southbound BxM2s that have taken short cuts via 5th to Central Park South and then have taken Central Park South to 7th to comedown to 34th & 7th, thus bypassing 81st & Central Park West, 72nd & Columbus and 63rd & Broadway since no one wanted those stops and then coming down 7th like it usually does, but for that little time that it comes down Central Park South and over to 7th, it takes the same routing as a Northbound BxM2, so it shows up as a Riverdale bound BxM2 when it really isn't.  Was funny to see on Bus Time though.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Spotted o5 149 on the q35 today. Also saw an artic making the turn on FB to the depot, too far away for me to see the numbers though.

=

As for the fare beaters, if the mta were to cut service in certain areas, I'd hope that's where those dollar vans flock to. Let them deal with each other. Get the maniac drivers outta here and flip the bird at the areas that don't want to pay. Enough of the no paying shit. I'm not paying soon to be $2.50 to support a fare beating pos.

lol... The way that the system is set up, if a bus detours and takes a similar route to one taken by another route or even the same route it will screw up Bus Time totally.  That may be why they were so strict with buses staying on the route at first.  For example, I've been on Southbound BxM2s that have taken short cuts via 5th to Central Park South and then have taken Central Park South to 7th to comedown to 34th & 7th, thus bypassing 81st & Central Park West, 72nd & Columbus and 63rd & Broadway since no one wanted those stops and then coming down 7th like it usually does, but for that little time that it comes down Central Park South and over to 7th, it takes the same routing as a Northbound BxM2, so it shows up as a Riverdale bound BxM2 when it really isn't.  Was funny to see on Bus Time though.

Apparently 277 has moved a few blocks up... I'll keep my eye on it on bus time...

LOL... Your bus showed up as a northbound although you're heading south? Haven't seen that yet...

For folks wanting to see 4710, It's on the Bx2 heading southbound currently...

Spotted o5 149 on the q35 today. Also saw an artic making the turn on FB to the depot, too far away for me to see the numbers though.

=

As for the fare beaters, if the mta were to cut service in certain areas, I'd hope that's where those dollar vans flock to. Let them deal with each other. Get the maniac drivers outta here and flip the bird at the areas that don't want to pay. Enough of the no paying shit. I'm not paying soon to be $2.50 to support a fare beating pos.

It all comes back to enforcement. If those rats are willing to pay to use those dollar vans then that means they'd pay to use the bus if there was enforcement, though I agree with you 100%.  The (MTA) has to stop looking to the paying public to supplement the farebeaters.  They need to be punished because those who are paying are the only ones suffering through service cuts and higher fares.

Apparently 277 has moved a few blocks up... I'll keep my eye on it on bus time...

LOL... Your bus showed up as a northbound although you're heading south? Haven't seen that yet...

For folks wanting to see 4710, It's on the Bx2 heading southbound currently...

Yep... Because it detoured briefly and took the routing that the Northbound BxM2 takes for about a block or so... I've also seen Bus Time get screwed up when buses are coming around that Columbus Circle loop.  It's like it gets lost for a minute so it may show a Northbound bus as a Southbound bus a vice versa. 

Hmmm... A C40 (277) on the Bx1 LTD? How odd... Must be a glitch... A funny one though...

MTABusTimeScreenshot_zps1f894459.jpg

#277 on the Bx1 is not showing anymore.

#277 on the Bx1 is not showing anymore.

Well I have seen random buses show up on routes that they don't belong on Bus Time... That I have seen... And then they disappear...  Could be that the bus was signed up wrong... A few years back I remember seeing an MCI signed up as a B36 for a few weeks... He would run down 5th then come over to 23rd and 3rd and layover there.  He was really deadheading but signed up as a B36 for the hell of it.

I caught nova Artic 5332 on the B44 earlier today and rode it to Nostrand & Flatbush. Excellent ride!

Indeed. Smooth and quiet.

I'd like a comparison in ride quality between the XD60 and LFSA from those who've been on both types of buses.

Indeed. Smooth and quiet.

I'd like a comparison in ride quality between the XD60 and LFSA from those who've been on both types of buses.

I rode both those buses and I have to say that the XD60 has a louder engine than the LFSA. As far as interior look, well its kind of the same except for the seating arrangements.

I rode both those buses and I have to say that the XD60 has a louder engine than the LFSA. As far as interior look, well its kind of the same except for the seating arrangements.

Both have the same engine. The transmissions are different.

The yard dispatcher finally forced me to pull out an artic on the b44 this morning which I did not want to do because I knew all I was going to hear today was "this is why they raising the fare to pay for these new buses". I'm like what the f**k is wrong with these west indians out here, you complain when the old buses break down then when the mta buys brand new buses you still bitching about it. You dont them to raise the fare then pay your damn fare so they wont complain about the money there loosing.

Was that you I sawat Williamsburg bridge plaza at about 8 in the morning lol...of so, I gave up riding it for 4979 on the B46

The yard dispatcher finally forced me to pull out an artic on the b44 this morning which I did not want to do because I knew all I was going to hear today was "this is why they raising the fare to pay for these new buses". I'm like what the f**k is wrong with these west indians out here, you complain when the old buses break down then when the mta buys brand new buses you still bitching about it. You dont them to raise the fare then pay your damn fare so they wont complain about the money there loosing.

People just don't appreciate things anymore. They always litter and destroy property and then they are the first ones to complain. I always take my trash off the bus if I had any and other ppl just throw it somewhere on the bus.

Edited by College Pt Man