BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

add Xaverian,Mc Cauliffe,Mary White Ovington,Lutheran Elementary(which is actually k-12) although Tele,MWO and LES have more ppl on the :bus_bullet_b64: than :bus_bullet_b9: .The riders in Chinatown(7th to 9th Avenues)flood the bus IMO artics are needed on that route or more shortturns between Bay Ridge Avenue and Ave L/Flatbush Avenue...

Artics are overkill and its not the solution. B-9 just need more buses on certain times, maybe school trips and plus add some supervisors to make the B-9 run on time.

Which one of you guys was just taking pics of 746 on the Q60 by Queens Plaza? I was on it lol...

Damn it, my OG Q60 showed up at 2nd Av at 4:20 or so, must have just missed 746.

--

CS got a new depot sticker? News to me. Also, seems like most depots with their act together have the $2.50 stickers on the buses already (i.e. almost every bus I've seen except for Manhattanville and Laguardia)...

Edited by MHV9218

Took M15 SBS again today. Always amazed at how good and super silent the ride on those LFS Artics is. Also got a good look at the front and was reminded that the MTA could fix the low-seating-number problem on the LFS by having 2+1 seats in the area in front of the front wheels and having fourth left-side seat be a double on the low-floor.

Gold_12th has a nice seating chart on BusChat, I would use his, but I've never gotten a password on that site. Anybody knows if he posts here? I want to make sure I have his permission before using his chart to show the layout I'm talking about.

Edited by Culver

Took M15 SBS again today. Always amazed at how good and super silent the ride on those LFS Artics is. Also got a good look at the front and was reminded that the MTA could fix the low-seating-number problem on the LFS by having 2+1 seats in the area in front of the front wheels and having fourth left-side seat be a double on the low-floor.

Gold_12th has a nice seating chart on BusChat, I would use his, but I've never gotten a password on that site. Anybody knows if he posts here? I want to make sure I have his permission before using his chart to show the layout I'm talking about.

He does post there.

add Xaverian,Mc Cauliffe,Mary White Ovington,Lutheran Elementary(which is actually k-12) although Tele,MWO and LES have more ppl on the :bus_bullet_b64: than :bus_bullet_b9: .The riders in Chinatown(7th to 9th Avenues)flood the bus IMO artics are needed on that route or more shortturns between Bay Ridge Avenue and Ave L/Flatbush Avenue...

Yeah, quite a lot of schoolkids from various schools bombard the route.... This doesn't mean that artics are needed on the route overall.

Artics are overkill and its not the solution.

B-9 just need more buses on certain times, maybe school trips and plus add some supervisors to make the B-9 run on time.

This.

I was talking to somebody, and they mentioned that back when the S62 used to run to the Teleport, those buses went in and then went back out and continued to Travis. It wasn't a seperate branch like I would've thought.

I thought you knew it wasn't a separate branch.... Yeah, buses looped in & out of the teleport towards Wild....

I was talking to somebody, and they mentioned that back when the S62 used to run to the Teleport, those buses went in and then went back out and continued to Travis. It wasn't a seperate branch like I would've thought.

And the main reason Teleport service was discontinued was due to complaints from riders heading towards either end of the route having to enter the Teleport.

Damn it, my OG Q60 showed up at 2nd Av at 4:20 or so, must have just missed 746.

--

CS got a new depot sticker? News to me. Also, seems like most depots with their act together have the $2.50 stickers on the buses already (i.e. almost every bus I've seen except for Manhattanville and Laguardia)...

CS has a new depot sticker? Haven't seen a new one yet... Also news to me...

Does anyone have a photo of the new sticker?

On the S79 earlier, an older woman have given me her 30-day unlimited card since tonight is the last day of usage for it. I had never had someone be so kind to me before.  :D

I've seen it happen on the express bus... The guy was going on vacation and apparently had a 7 Day Express Bus Plus card and had a few days left on it, so he asked a lady if she wanted it and gave it to her.

I have one. Nova Bus LFSA #5821 has it, as well as Orion VII #6862

IMAG1104.JPG?attachauth=ANoY7crZvzucDPPS

I see nothing on my end... Have you tried using the the image button? It looks like a little photo when you're about to post... Copy and paste the image link on there and post... It should pop up from there...

Edit: Forgot to add that you need to first upload the image to a photosharing site then follow the steps I said above...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Slowly, lol. Take the M101 down Lex ave around 106th and you get one of the steepest incline that city buses go up, just have to mash the gas and be ready to take the hill at a low speed.

lol... I hate having to go up that bloody hill in the mornings on the BxM1, esp. if we're stuck in traffic... All I can think of is us going backwards or something somehow falling from the overheard racks and hitting someone in the head.  We usually are lucky enough not to go that way though, but if there isn't traffic, those MCIs go up that hill with no problem.  Years ago when I would go to work with my uncle here and there on weekends, he was doing the M102 I believe to Harlem and then came back down as an M101 or something and this was before 100th street had those artics... It was so funny.... The bus was packed on this particular run when we reached that steep hill so people had to get off and walk up the hill and then get back on... It was a worthless RTS that's why it couldn't deal with the hills... :lol:  

That's pretty funny.

Out of all the times I've taken the Southbound M101 up that hill, I only recall being stopped at the light at the top of the hill once. Which stinks, it's a nice feeling being stuck there.

Edited by Mysterious2train

The yard dispatcher finally forced me to pull out an artic on the b44 this morning which I did not want to do because I knew all I was going to hear today was "this is why they raising the fare to pay for these new buses". I'm like what the f**k is wrong with these west indians out here, you complain when the old buses break down then when the mta buys brand new buses you still bitching about it. You dont them to raise the fare then pay your damn fare so they wont complain about the money there loosing.

The yard dispatcher finally forced me to pull out an artic on the b44 this morning which I did not want to do because I knew all I was going to hear today was "this is why they raising the fare to pay for these new buses". I'm like what the f**k is wrong with these west indians out here, you complain when the old buses break down then when the mta buys brand new buses you still bitching about it. You dont them to raise the fare then pay your damn fare so they wont complain about the money there loosing.

LMAO! 

they are all in the smiley list click show all and scroll down

No no no... Not that! I meant his avatar pic... It's a bus smiley but a big one...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

not gonna help when they have an extra set of doors to sneak thru to avoid paying the fare... Not a fan of the artics in some areas..

not gonna help when they have an extra set of doors to sneak thru to avoid paying the fare... Not a fan of the artics in some areas..

I've taken the 44 and 46 a handful of times, and every damn time there's people going straight to the back door. As a law-abiding citizen, that pisses me off to no end.

I don't understand why there aren't more arrests. I mean you got cops scouting the subways for people taking up 1 seat too many, but they could easily fill their quotas if they scouted problem areas along the FB lines. They can be stationed at the major intersections so its not like they have to be stationed on every bus or stop.