BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the end of October already. Are they waiting for the Orion Vs and oldest RTS to fall to pieces? Some of those buses are damn near done.

Then there will be a major shortage, I heard that some of the Orion V's are suffering from frame rot especially some of those ex Staten Island units. The Orion's that CS sent were in good condition and the other CS originals were sent to ECH. ECH is the only depot that has never received a new bus except the express buses in 2005 and 2006 so I wonder what will go there when the Orion's retire.

Then there will be a major shortage, I heard that some of the Orion V's are suffering from frame rot especially some of those ex Staten Island units. The Orion's that CS sent were in good condition and the other CS originals were sent to ECH. ECH is the only depot that has never received a new bus except the express buses in 2005 and 2006 so I wonder what will go there when the Orion's retire.

The 6000's at ECH from Stengel are Bronx originals. ECH will just get any other old bus once the O5's retire.

It's been a while so I thought both the LFS and New Flyer XD40 failed and that's why they were testing that BYD bus in Manhattan.

Nah, BYD is touring around the country to demonstrate the bus.

It's the end of October already. Are they waiting for the Orion Vs and oldest RTS to fall to pieces? Some of those buses are damn near done.

I think the award got pushed back to 2014.

Nope... Who ever put that info about FP having XD40's/LFSA's and among other false info there is either very blind thinking he's/she's seeing artics at FP or really is dumb... Or both...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Wait when did FP get Xcelsiors? I want to see them on the Q58.

They didn't...  <_<

I'd expect some new buses to hit Staten Island when the Orion V's leave, to balance the average fleet age.

Yes, let's give them some more new buses to destroy... I like your way of thinking.  <_<

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8